Login
Username:

Password:

Remember me

Lost Password?

Register now!

Sections

Who's Online
131 user(s) are online (104 user(s) are browsing Forums)

Members: 2
Guests: 129

NinjaCyborg, Elwood, more...

Headlines

Register To Post  

ArtEffect for Os4.1.4
Just can't stay away
Just can't stay away

See User information
Is there a way to make this work? I just installed it, and all it gives me is a message, that it is out of virtual memory and a toolless tool dock. Not possible to start new project...

I saw this program running on an X1000 just over a week ago, so I know it is possible! (My own system is a sam-flex with 1 GB ram)

Go to top
Re: ArtEffect for Os4.1.4
Just can't stay away
Just can't stay away

See User information
Ok, made it run by trying the instructions from the Readme how to "turn off" virtual memory: set VMEM.min to 0 and VMEM.max to 1027 (don't know if the last bit matters).

Would be wonderful with a proper fullblown os4 port of this great app.

Go to top
Amigans Defender
Amigans Defender

See User information
Stefan Robl (AmiDock guy) was working on one... about 8 years ago or so. I believe it has been abandoned.

Go to top
Just can't stay away
Just can't stay away

See User information
What a sad story :-/

Go to top
Not too shy to talk
Not too shy to talk

See User information
@alfkil

Quote:
Is there a way to make this work? I just installed it, and all it gives me is a message, that it is out of virtual memory and a toolless tool dock. Not possible to start new project...

I saw this program running on an X1000 just over a week ago, so I know it is possible! (My own system is a sam-flex with 1 GB ram)

hmmm.... never hit that error. i use arteffect quite often, actually. if you are having difficulty starting the program, for whatever reason, you might try deleting the settings directory. it should be PROGDIR:settings in nearly every case. the built-in VMEM scheme -- which is akin to photoshop's own scratch space -- cannot really be turned off, per se, but you can prevent it being used. the readme in the arteffect drawer should help you there.

if you haven't used arteffect before on your SAM, one tip: create a public screen for arteffect once you get it up and running and disable compositing on that screen. you'll get odd redraw artifacts otherwise.

good luck, and let us know how you get on!

-- eliyahu

Go to top
Just can't stay away
Just can't stay away

See User information
To use ArtEffect without problems use the right wizard library you can find it on Alinea Computer Site or installing also the demo version of ArtEffect (check Alinea Site).. The only problem i have is that at the exit, the program corrupts the palette..

Btw, some times ago, i red that someone bought the right and source code of the program.. maybe he is working on his spare time.. who knows.. better later than never .. :)

Go to top
Just popping in
Just popping in

See User information

delete or rename the file:
ArtEffect4/Settings/program2.cfg and restart

Go to top
Just can't stay away
Just can't stay away

See User information
@powermetal

Tried that, it didn't work. Only the method in the readme (for switching off the virtual mem system) works.

Go to top
Just can't stay away
Just can't stay away

See User information
@alfkil
What languages are there in your Locale settings? I'm asking because there is a known problem with ArtEffect (and AmigaWriter) that is caused by a newer locale.library. Try removing all languages from the Locale settings and then run ArtEffect.

The Rear Window blog

AmigaOne X5000 @ 2GHz / 4GB RAM / Radeon RX 560 / ESI Juli@ / AmigaOS 4.1 Final Edition
SAM440ep-flex @ 667MHz / 1GB RAM / Radeon 9250 / AmigaOS 4.1 Final Edition
Go to top
Home away from home
Home away from home

See User information
@Trixie

I'm guessing you are refering to it starting with no fonts / text in the gadgets when it starts with English-British locale?

I get that issue and could work arrounf it be changing locale to plain English

Once I did that though I remember it being badly behaved and slow. MOveing windows was particularly troublesome for some reason.

Go to top
Just popping in
Just popping in

See User information
In my case, if I remember well, I had to choose a language without € support.

A1200PPC/Sam440ep/Sam460ex/X1000/X5020 OS4.1
Go to top
Just can't stay away
Just can't stay away

See User information
I solved the AE4 catalog problem here by compiling a version of the catalog which was set to dansk (danish) - my primary Locale language setting - but without actually having translated the texts. And yes, I also set the codeset to 0, which is ISO8859-1/Latin1, not 111 (Latin9) which I would normally use in order to get the EURO sign etc.

I placed the catalog in the dansk subdirectory of AE4's own Catalogs directory. This solved the missing texts. Oh, and you have to use the NOOPTIM argument to CatComp when compiling the catalog, IIRC.

I did give Alfkil a copy of my "cheat" catalog, so I assume that is not his problem.

Best regards,

Niels

Go to top

Register To Post