Login
Username:

Password:

Remember me

Lost Password?

Register now!

Sections

Who's Online
171 user(s) are online (102 user(s) are browsing Forums)

Members: 0
Guests: 171

more...

Headlines

Register To Post  

« 1 (2)
Re: Updated RadeonHD Driver
Home away from home
Home away from home

See User information
Quote:

djrikki wrote:
Well in the demo version underneath the menu items there is rubbish shown and when I click on the map to place or alter a 'defense' - the top half of the circle that is drawn is fine - but the 50% of the bottom half of the circle has some rubbish shown - hmm just thought - I'll run it in windowed mode then I upload to flickr.

Try: setenv Picasso96/DMABLToVRAM 0
You can always try increasing the ENV var's value later.

Quote:
In the meantime I have tried to join up to amiboing.de, but I've been waiting 2 days now for the confirmation link. I have emailed them directly no reply as yet so I can't tell you with its in the release version.

It's a Picasso96 bug that's specific to the Sam460ex.

Hans

EDIT: "ENV:" shouldn't have been part of the command. Corrected it.

Edited by Hans on 2011/12/29 20:13:39
http://hdrlab.org.nz/ - Amiga OS 4 projects, programming articles and more.
https://keasigmadelta.com/ - more of my work
Go to top
Just popping in
Just popping in

See User information
If it works correctly after setting DMABLToVRAM to 0, try increasing the value by steps of 256, until it show the problem again, and report here your finding, thanks !

Max Tretene, ACube Systems Srl, Soft3
Go to top
Just popping in
Just popping in

See User information
@djrikki:

Hi,
I have received your email and answered instantly. After no response i sent you two more emails, also from my private adress and today a pm on amigaworld.

Perhaps you have a problem with your spam filter or a false email adress saved at amiboing?

I have unlocked your account right after your email manually, login should work. Please try it and look on your profile for the right email.

Thanks for a short reply if it works.

Imagodespira
www.amiboing.de

Go to top
Quite a regular
Quite a regular

See User information
@Hans

Am I meant to set that Env somewhere in the Startup-sequence and then reboot? I tried just typing it in a shell and then running Swamp Defense and nothing changed - however I will try again.

@imagodespira

Ah yes, found all the emails. They didn't pass my ISPs spam filter.. I wonder else ends up in here. Ah great, thanks.

Go to top
Just popping in
Just popping in

See User information
@djrikki:

Thanks for your reply and also for your order!!!! Have fun with playing Swamp Defense and River Pirates.

Best regards,

imagodespira and Goos McGuile from amiboing.de

Go to top
Quite a regular
Quite a regular

See User information
@imageodespirate

Struggling to send emails today... so I'll repeat it here whilst I wait for the email to be actually sent!

I didn't get a download link on the Paymentsuccess page.. the ID field is missing from the URL parameters on subsequent pages. So I went to the game page again and downloaded it from there directly - PS River Pirates is not available for me to download - says Buy Swamp Defense.

Go to top
Just popping in
Just popping in

See User information
I tryed to create a drawer in envarc called Picasso96 with file DMABLToVRAM with 0 value in, but it doesn't cure the problem, if you launch the game in full screen 1920x1080 the problem doesn't appear, but if you try to launch the game in window mode or in full screen in some other resolution the problem occur, at the moment i don't know if the problem is in Picasso96 specific to sam460 or in the game

Go to top
Just popping in
Just popping in

See User information
@sofistisoftware
Quote:

I tryed to create a drawer in envarc called Picasso96 with file DMABLToVRAM with 0 value in, but it doesn't cure the problem, if you launch the game in full screen 1920x1080 the problem doesn't appear, but if you try to launch the game in window mode or in full screen in some other resolution the problem occur, at the moment i don't know if the problem is in Picasso96 specific to sam460 or in the game

What happen if you set Picasso96/UseDMA to 0 ?

BTW you just need to enter the following line in the Shell before running the game:

setenv Picasso96/UseDMA 0

or

setenv Picasso96/DMABLToVRAM 0

(no need to create a drawer in ENVARC: etc...)

Go to top
Quite a regular
Quite a regular

See User information
@max @hans

I carried out both of those in fullscreen mode - and the graphic glitch is no longer present. I assume safe to add this to my startup-sequence now.

Go to top
Just popping in
Just popping in

See User information
@djrikki
Quote:
I carried out both of those in fullscreen mode - and the graphic glitch is no longer present. I assume safe to add this to my startup-sequence now.

Not yet
We still need to find out what's exactly causing the problem.... could you please unset both env vars and use only this one instead?

setenv Picasso96/DMABLFromVRAM 0

Go to top
Just popping in
Just popping in

See User information
I tried only this variable DMABLToVRAM and not UseDMA, in the first case it doesn't make difference, i've created the drawer because with only setenv i haven't seen the difference and i've thought to create a permanent variable, and about setenv Picasso96/DMABLFromVRAM 0 i'll try it and i'll write here the result

Go to top
Just popping in
Just popping in

See User information
@Max and Hans

I tryed to digit: setenv Picasso96/DMABLFromVRAM 0 and it doesn't solve the problem and then i tryed either to digit: setenv Picasso96/UseDMA 0 and it seems to solve the problem, at this point i rebooted my Sam and i digited in the shell only setenv Picasso96/UseDMA 0 and i saw that it cures the problem, but with this option i think that we don't have DMA enabled on rtg.library anymore :(

Edited by sofistisoftware on 2011/12/31 15:29:51
Sam 460EX, 2Gb Ram, Radeon R7 250, AmigaOS4.1 FE
A4000 PPC604@233, Mediator
A1200 PPC603@160, Mediator
uA1 G3@800, 512 Mb [sold]
Go to top
Just popping in
Just popping in

See User information
Sam460 owners check your mail, just had another updated RadeonHD driver

AmigaOne X5000
Go to top
Just popping in
Just popping in

See User information
oke just checked my email but no driver update here for my amiga one 500 (sam460ex)

so from who did you get it?

Go to top
Just popping in
Just popping in

See User information
From Acube like the first one. might take a while getting round to everybody.

AmigaOne X5000
Go to top
Just popping in
Just popping in

See User information
@ M3x, Hans,

hi boys, the problem with the games Swamp Defence and River Pirates is still here on my Sam460 with the new RadeonHD driver v0.32, pay attention it's only visible if you run the games in window mode at 1920x1080 or in full screen at a resolution different of 1920x1080, please check, thank you

Edited by sofistisoftware on 2012/1/21 14:21:02
Go to top
Quite a regular
Quite a regular

See User information
And now the new version 0.32

Go to top
Home away from home
Home away from home

See User information
@sofistisoftware
Quote:

sofistisoftware wrote:
@ M3x, Hans,

hi boys, the problem with the games Swamp Defence and River Pirates is still here on my Sam460 with the new RadeonHD driver v0.32, pay attention it's only visible if you run the games in window mode at 1920x1080 or in full screen at a resolution different of 1920x1080, please check, thank you

As I said earlier, it is not a driver bug, so no amount of driver updates will fix this. You'll have to wait for the problem to be fixed in Picasso96.

Hans

http://hdrlab.org.nz/ - Amiga OS 4 projects, programming articles and more.
https://keasigmadelta.com/ - more of my work
Go to top
Quite a regular
Quite a regular

See User information
Thankfully this Picasso96 bug doesn't really detract from the enjoyment of the game and I'd recommend it to anyone. :)

Go to top
Just popping in
Just popping in

See User information
@Hans,

Thanks for reply

Go to top