Login
Username:

Password:

Remember me

Lost Password?

Register now!

Sections

Who's Online
104 user(s) are online (67 user(s) are browsing Forums)

Members: 1
Guests: 103

Georg, more...

Headlines

Register To Post  

Flash player
Not too shy to talk
Not too shy to talk

See User information
I am a returning Amigan, got myself a SAM 460 system and was wondering if there are any flash players available for browsers on OS4? Been away from the scene for a while but getting right back into it

SAM 460 with 2GB or RAM, 1000GB HD, 4 port SATA, DVDRW drive and Radeon HD 4650 GFX card.
Go to top
Re: Flash player
Amigans Defender
Amigans Defender

See User information
Gnash. It's not a plugin though and isn't particulary fast.

Go to top
Just popping in
Just popping in

See User information
Well other than ghash, not really.

But there are other ways to play youtube videos...

trust me the rest of the stuff is crap flash advertising you don't want anyway... :-/

Go to top
Not too shy to talk
Not too shy to talk

See User information
well...

OWB-MUI will come (maybe not in first version but in second rather sure) with a nice swfdec plugin that asnt so compatible but nice to have...

Simone"Tuxedo"Monsignori, Perugia, ITALY.
Go to top
Quite a regular
Quite a regular

See User information
@HammerD

trust me the rest of the stuff is crap flash advertising you don't want anyway... :-/

---------

Exactly.

Go to top
Home away from home
Home away from home

See User information
@sicky
If you are wanting Flash to play YouTube videos, then there is an alternative called ClipDown. If you install that along with GetVideo (carefully read the instructions!) then you can watch YouTube videos fairly easily.

Author of the PortablE programming language.
Go to top
Not too shy to talk
Not too shy to talk

See User information
@ChrisH
Quote:
If you are wanting Flash to play YouTube videos, then there is an alternative called ClipDown. If you install that along with GetVideo (carefully read the instructions!) then you can watch YouTube videos fairly easily.

I have installed ClipDown (and wget), where do I find GetVideo? Also is there anything I need to do to get these programs to work?

SAM 460 with 2GB or RAM, 1000GB HD, 4 port SATA, DVDRW drive and Radeon HD 4650 GFX card.
Go to top
Amigans Defender
Amigans Defender

See User information
GetVideo: http://aminet.net/search?query=getvideo

You also need MPlayer (or some other video player)

If you are using NetSurf you don't need ClipDown, just select "Get video" from the ARexx menu. For OWB use ClipDown as Chris says.

Go to top
Not too shy to talk
Not too shy to talk

See User information
@Chris
Quote:
For OWB use ClipDown as Chris says.

I can't see where it says how to use it, maybe it's just me being dumb!

I have installed it (ClipDoown) and use OWB so how do I watch video clips on sites such as youtube?

Go to top
Quite a regular
Quite a regular

See User information
@Sicky

I can't remember whether you said you had the Radeon HD 4650 or not? If thats the case, Mplayer won't work as it requires an OpenGL implementation or at least thats my experience with Mplayer so far.

Go to top
Not too shy to talk
Not too shy to talk

See User information
@djrikki
Quote:
I can't remember whether you said you had the Radeon HD 4650 or not? If thats the case, Mplayer won't work as it requires an OpenGL implementation or at least thats my experience with Mplayer so far.

I am currently using on board graphics, MPlayer works fine with locally stored files. Just don't seem able to get ClipDown to work, think I am missing something somewhere!

Go to top
Amigans Defender
Amigans Defender

See User information
Quote:
I have installed it (ClipDoown) and use OWB so how do I watch video clips on sites such as youtube?

I've no idea, I've only ever used NetSurf for watching YouTube videos.

Go to top
Not too shy to talk
Not too shy to talk

See User information
@All

When I go to youtube, I copy the URL to clipboard, click on Clip|Down to download, then change to play via MPlayer. I get error:

Unsupported file type for 'Play Link' mode!

Try a different 'Download Setting' or URL

Go to top
Just popping in
Just popping in

See User information
Quote:

sicky wrote:
@All

When I go to youtube, I copy the URL to clipboard, click on Clip|Down to download, then change to play via MPlayer. I get error:

Unsupported file type for 'Play Link' mode!

Try a different 'Download Setting' or URL

Are you copying from "http://" on?

Go to top
Home away from home
Home away from home

See User information
@sicky
If you copy the following line into the clipboard, it should work with ClipDown:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hUoJBerFDsA

When the getVideo requester comes up asking which filetype to use, I found that MP4 works but FLV1 is corrupted. (Usually it is best to try FLV1 first.)

Author of the PortablE programming language.
Go to top
Not too shy to talk
Not too shy to talk

See User information
@ChrisH

Got it all working now, thanks for all the hint and tips

Go to top

Register To Post