Login
Username:

Password:

Remember me

Lost Password?

Register now!

Sections

Who's Online
82 user(s) are online (40 user(s) are browsing Forums)

Members: 2
Guests: 80

Raziel, afxgroup, more...

Headlines

Register To Post  

« 1 (2)
Re: FFmpeg 0.7-rc1 released
Just can't stay away
Just can't stay away

See User information
So I'll need all that stuff. Now I have to install big loads of stuff from depot.

Btw. I had -lpthread already there.

Thanks.

Rock lobster bit me - so I'm here forever
X1000 + AmigaOS 4.1 FE
"Anyone can build a fast CPU. The trick is to build a fast system." - Seymour Cray
Go to top
Quite a regular
Quite a regular

See User information
Yep. Lots of dependencies! :) GSM is now on OS4Depot.

It might not need all of them, but remember to update libraries that you already have. I've updated some on AmiUpdate within the last 24 hours. (curl, jpeg, ogg, openssl, png, tiff, vorbis, xml2, xvid, zlib). They're all on OS4Depot though. Best to use the AutoInstall scripts when they exist, especially for openssl (not required for ffmpeg/libavcodec though).

Edit: Ahh yes, openssl needed for librtmp needed by libavcodec.

Edited by MickJT on 2011/6/9 17:58:47
Edited by MickJT on 2011/6/9 17:59:22
Go to top
Just popping in
Just popping in

See User information
Neither this ffplay or the original one I had allow toggling on/off fullscreen with the 'f' key as the docs say it should. The other control keys like 'p'/SPACE, arrows, work ok. Is this the same for others too?

Go to top
Just can't stay away
Just can't stay away

See User information
@MickJT

Thanks ! Now I got it compiling.

gcc -o Program Program.c -lauto -L/SDK/local/newlib/lib -lavformat -lavcodec -lavutil -lxvidcore -lx264 -lvpx -lvorbisenc -lvorbis -logg -lvo-amrwbenc -lvo-aacenc -ltheoraenc -ltheoradec -logg -lspeex -L/SDK/local/newlib/lib -lrtmp -lz -lssl -lcrypto -lopenjpeg -lopencore-amrwb -lopencore-amrnb -lnut -lmp3lame -lgsm -lfreetype -lfaac -lm -lpthread -lbz2 -lz -lm -O0

X1000 + AmigaOS 4.1 FE
"Anyone can build a fast CPU. The trick is to build a fast system." - Seymour Cray
Go to top
Quite a regular
Quite a regular

See User information
What program is this?

Edited by MickJT on 2013/7/26 3:00:43
Go to top
Quite a regular
Quite a regular

See User information
Quote:

swoodall wrote:
Neither this ffplay or the original one I had allow toggling on/off fullscreen with the 'f' key as the docs say it should. The other control keys like 'p'/SPACE, arrows, work ok. Is this the same for others too?

Same here. I guess I never tried it before or forgot. Works on Windows. Hmm. Not really bothered by it.

Go to top
Just can't stay away
Just can't stay away

See User information
@MickJT

My (very simple) video editor was using ffmpeg command to do its stuff but I was thinking to change it to use the ffmpeg library directly.

Is this AmigaOS port of ffmpeg lib LGPL or GPL ? I noticed x264 lib is GPL. I was thinking if I'm using a static lib which is GPL does my program have to be GPL also ? I'm not going to make my app GPL. If that GPL is required then I can't and won't use ffmpeg lib at all.

X1000 + AmigaOS 4.1 FE
Go to top
Quite a regular
Quite a regular

See User information
Uh, it's lots. It says non-free (due to libfaac being included), but I included the faac license. The port of ffmpeg prior to when I started porting it used this (and --enable-non-free).

ffmpeg uses GPLv2, GPLv3, LGPL and more, but I think without libfaac it'd be considered as a whole to be GPLv3, and i'm ignoring the "non-free" status ffmpeg gives to libfaac, since libfaac doesn't explicitly state that. It has 2 licenses. I have put the libfaac license in the file license-faac.

Portions of libfaac that are still the reference code, the license restricts its binary distribution to software that is compliant with the faac specifications.

The rest of the code (likely almost all of it) is LGPL.

Hence, I (and I guess those before me) feel pretty safe with the build enabling all options, seeing as i'm confident libfaac and ffmpeg are producing .aac files that are compliant with the spec.

If I am forced to change that in the future, there's always vo-aacenc which I also enabled. I even think ffmpeg has its own AAC encoder too. That's 3 all up.

As far as I know, if you're linking it, then yeah you'd have to incorporate those licenses.

I know there's been some changes with how the shared libraries are handled; I've noticed that in the changelog and git revision logs. When you compile it as a shared library, it defines a variable that changes the code too. Functions are moved around and put into different areas. I had issues getting it working, but maybe it'd work in the latest version.

Edited by MickJT on 2011/6/9 21:05:43
Go to top
Just can't stay away
Just can't stay away

See User information
Now I need some advice. Which picture format I should use to convert frames to, so I can blit them on screen using blitter functions of graphics library. Example codes on ffmpeg.org are using SDL and I don't want to use SDL. I tried RGB24 format but can't get any picture on screen.

X1000 + AmigaOS 4.1 FE
Go to top
Quite a regular
Quite a regular

See User information
If ffmpeg supports IFF/ILBM-24bit, try that.

Edited by MickJT on 2013/3/8 18:31:33
Go to top
Home away from home
Home away from home

See User information
@TSK

How is work going with your video editing software?
I could use such a program now.

X5000
Go to top
Just can't stay away
Just can't stay away

See User information
@Antique
Not going. I don't sit that much in front of a computer during summer. Now it's almost over (and was quite hot).

X1000 + AmigaOS 4.1 FE
Go to top
Home away from home
Home away from home

See User information
@TSK

Why go outside and get burned by the sun when you can sit inside with a cold beer and the amiga?

You haven't abandoned it i hope? I do hope you start working on it again now that the summer is over. Such a program is must have for any computer system. Any ideas/plans/things you dream of adding on it?

X5000
Go to top
Just can't stay away
Just can't stay away

See User information
@Antique
Quote:
Why go outside and get burned by the sun when you can sit inside with a cold beer and the amiga?

That cold beer tastes better when sitting near lake in a terrace bar and half naked women passing by. I don't have a laptop and we don't have an Amiga laptop either unfortunately. I was thinking to work on something else next and almost forgotten this video editor.

X1000 + AmigaOS 4.1 FE
Go to top
Just can't stay away
Just can't stay away

See User information
Good news. I got it working how to display frames from a video finally. Now I have to find some example codes or tutorials from the net how to write video files with this lib.

If somebody could turn this static libffmeg library into a shared object library (.so) or make a new avcodec.library and also create a new avformat.library and swsscale.library as Amiga style libs based on this libffmpeg.

X1000 + AmigaOS 4.1 FE
Go to top
Quite a regular
Quite a regular

See User information
Last time I tried making a .so, it didn't work. I can try again.

I notice 0.8.1 is out. Give me a week or so to update all libraries and compile that.

As for a shared a libavcodec, don't get your hopes up. I'll "try". It just crashed last time I tried that.

Keep in mind that it will require a LOT of dependencies. Look at what ffmpeg is compiled with. It's a huge list of libraries.

If it works, I could compile a bare bones shared library that only uses the libs from ffmpeg. Most of the other libraries are used for encoding, not decoding.

Edited by MickJT on 2011/8/8 8:24:11
Edited by MickJT on 2011/8/8 8:25:47
Edited by MickJT on 2011/8/8 8:28:46
Go to top
Quite a regular
Quite a regular

See User information
@TSK

I'm also looking forward to something like this.
But why did you need to convert the output to some picture format? Wouldn't that be a huge waste of CPU resources? Raw RGB24 should be blittable using CyberGfx or P96 API.

Software developer for Amiga OS3 and OS4.
Develops for OnyxSoft and the Amiga using E and C and occasionally C++
Go to top
Just can't stay away
Just can't stay away

See User information
The most videos I've tested uses YUV420P internally. I was passing a wrong pointer to P96 function also at first. I have to use sws_scale() function of ffmpeg to convert video frames from YUV420P to RGB. Autodocs says P96 can handle YUV only in hardware window, whatever that means. I tried to use PIP feature but couldn't open a window with IP96->p96PIP_OpenTags(). I need somebody to help me how to use that IP96->p96PIP_OpenTags().

Working pic format combination I found is:
PIX_FMT_RGB32 for sws_scale()
RGBFB_A8R8G8B8 for P96.

I'm using IP96->p96WritePixelArray() to blit frames on screen. Frame data being in FrameRGB->data[0] and the linesize (bytes per row) FrameRGB->linesize[0]. (I was passing FrameRGB->data at first attempt.)

Edit: I noticed that BltBitMapTags() works too:
IGraphics->BltBitMapTags(BLITA_SrcType,BLITT_ARGB32,
BLITA_Source,(APTR)FrameRGB->data[0],
BLITA_SrcBytesPerRow,FrameRGB->linesize[0],

I think I will upload my simple player program with its source to os4depot.

X1000 + AmigaOS 4.1 FE
Go to top
Home away from home
Home away from home

See User information

Go to top
Quite a regular
Quite a regular

See User information
Okely dokely. I hadn't started any work on 0.8.1 yet anyway. As you can see on OS4Depot I updated a few libraries. ffmpeg doesn't use libcurl but I updated it anyway.

Go to top

Register To Post
« 1 (2)