Login
Username:

Password:

Remember me

Lost Password?

Register now!

Sections

Who's Online
81 user(s) are online (45 user(s) are browsing Forums)

Members: 2
Guests: 79

Maijestro, orgin, more...

Headlines

Register To Post  

« 1 (2)
Re: Why still no revival of Hyperion's "Welcome to AmigaOS4.0" site?
Amigans Defender
Amigans Defender

See User information
I'm afraid Hyperion are still somewhat underestimating the power that lies behind their dedicated community. Look at the OpenAmiga initiative, or Steven Solie's recent call to arms. These are the steps in the right direction because Hyperion's hands are apparently too tied to make substantial progress on all fronts: development, marketing and promotion.

Have no resources for making an OS4-promoting web because you are too busy doing "more important stuff"? Good. I know there are people who would just die for being asked for help! Guys like imagodespira or djnick could knock off a web that looks way better than Hyperion's own web, in no time and just for the fun of it.

The current Amiga community is based on a mutual understanding. "We give you the OS you love - you buy outrageously expensive hardware to run it. We upgrade the OS you love - you have to wait a long time. We show you the OS you love - you travel to devil's end to meet us." In other words, "we give something to you - you give something to us." And it works, doesn't it? So why not use the potential that it brings into the game?

The Rear Window blog

AmigaOne X5000 @ 2GHz / 4GB RAM / Radeon RX 560 / ESI Juli@ / AmigaOS 4.1 Final Edition
SAM440ep-flex @ 667MHz / 1GB RAM / Radeon 9250 / AmigaOS 4.1 Final Edition
Go to top
Not too shy to talk
Not too shy to talk

See User information
Quote:
Have no resources for making an OS4-promoting web because you are too busy doing "more important stuff"? Good. I know there are people who would just die for being asked for help! Guys like imagodespira or djnick could knock off a web that looks way better than Hyperion's own web, in no time and just for the fun of it.

As trixie said, it might be lack of resources... but
1) bringing up old AOS 4.0 website just takes a couple of minutes
2) All sort of marketing help can be provided by different people here and there.

I think it is not the problem. If you do something marketing/PR-wise you got to do it 120%. Right timing, good presentation, clear images and language are very important.

if it isn't 120%, donnot go for it ! Making your marketing better, MUST result in more revenue

The old site is not uptodate anymore, and it is not just about replacing 4.0 with 4.1. For example the "scaling capabilities of OS4" targeted on mobile devices is totally outdated,.... (as far as my limited knowlegde goes)

A good example was the X1000 riddle, it was really good but the timing was somehow not perfect, it may have been better not to put that one up (by the time), even though it was not intended as marketing/PR thing. Hope they have something even more appealing for release of X1000 ?

Maybe it is not the right time yet for doing marketing/PR ?

greetings Gero

Go to top
Home away from home
Home away from home

See User information
@trixie Quote:
Have no resources for making an OS4-promoting web because you are too busy doing "more important stuff"? Good. I know there are people who would just die for being asked for help!

I can't fathom why Hyperion don't get more outside help either. If one person got fed-up enough to do this site all on their own (and without even owning an OS4 machine!), then I'm pretty sure there must be several people who'd be happy to help Hyperion if they just asked...

Steven Solie's recent "call to arms" is arguably that, but (a) it's taken a long time for that to happen, and (b) they probably need to be a bit more specific about what they'd like help with - or even pro-actively ask people (and if they don't know who to ask, then I'm sure they will know someone who WILL know who to ask!).

@rigo
When I wrote this: Quote:
Given that us outsiders have NO idea what the truth is, there seems absolutely no harm in discussing it:
* The worst that happens (and most likely) is that we are just "passing time".
* Better would be that someone explains why "D" is probably not being done.
* Better still would be that Hyperion explains why "D" is not being done. (Notice that my first question was WHY is it not being done.)
* The best (but least likely) situation is that someone in Hyperion sees our discussions, realises that something has been temporarily overlooked, and then does something about it.

One option I forgot to include was:

* Hyperion tell us not to worry, because "D" is being correctly handled, but they can't (yet) explain why.

That one seems quite likely, if only Hyperion would interact a little bit more with the community & treat us as adults (at least on Amigans.net ... AW.net is a different matter).

Edited by ChrisH on 2011/5/23 12:36:09
Author of the PortablE programming language.
Go to top
Quite a regular
Quite a regular

See User information
@Trixie
@ChrisH

Great post!

Go to top

Register To Post
« 1 (2)