Login
Username:

Password:

Remember me

Lost Password?

Register now!

Sections

Who's Online
115 user(s) are online (46 user(s) are browsing Forums)

Members: 0
Guests: 115

more...

Headlines

Register To Post  

Play CD
Just popping in
Just popping in

See User information
Not sure what is wrong but if I put in a music CD (OMD)and when I go into utilities and Play CD all I get is Cheaking local CDDB cache and No entry in the local cache is there somthing silly I have missed out?

AmigaOS 4.1 Update 2 running on AMCC PPC440EP with 1,024 MB Mermory and Radeon 9250
Go to top
Re: Play CD
Not too shy to talk
Not too shy to talk

See User information
@Ant

I think you have a SAM, and your CD don't have a analog cable, so you must use PLAYCDDA ( it's in AMINET), is a commnd line cd player. You can install PLAYCDDA GUI ( it's in OS4Depot) for a graphical use of the player.

AmigaOne X5000 OS4.1 FEU1 And Lubuntu 10.04
1200 towered with Blizzard PPC - BVision and Mediator
And a new fantastic Chameleon64
Go to top
Supreme Council
Supreme Council

See User information
Or you could use Tunenet which was included on the 4.1 Update 1 CD for this very purpose.

Simon

Comments made in any post are personal opinion, and are in no-way representative of any commercial entity unless specifically stated as such.
----
http://codebench.co.uk
Go to top
Just popping in
Just popping in

See User information
@RIBDEVIL

Thanks for that all working
Ant

AmigaOS 4.1 Update 2 running on AMCC PPC440EP with 1,024 MB Mermory and Radeon 9250
Go to top
Just popping in
Just popping in

See User information
@Rigo

Thanks for that.
Ant

Go to top
Quite a regular
Quite a regular

See User information
@RIBDEVIL

Now, that wasn't what he asked, was it?

cheers
tony
Go to top
Just popping in
Just popping in

See User information
@Ant

Check if theres an assign called CDDB: on your system. If not, create it (use a senseful place to store the cddb data, RAM: is not a real good place for this ).

After that, and if your machine is connected to the Internet, some info will be retrieved and stored to the "local cache" of cddb.library.

Oh, and check, if cddb.library exists on your system. If not, get it from Aminet (and the "glue code" addition for usage with OS4+).

Go to top
Just can't stay away
Just can't stay away

See User information
@tonyw

Quote:
tonyw wrote:
@RIBDEVIL

Now, that wasn't what he asked, was it?

Depends, I guess. It's not really clear whether Ant is just complaining about the error message and/or lack of CDDB track information display, or about the lack of any music playback - i.e. that it stops at the point where it queries the CDDB data, and doesn't (as far as he can hear) ever get to playing any music.

Best regards,

Niels

Go to top
Just popping in
Just popping in

See User information
@nbache

Just like to say that the music cd plays fine thanks for you help

Go to top

Register To Post