Login
Username:

Password:

Remember me

Lost Password?

Register now!

Sections

Who's Online
115 user(s) are online (71 user(s) are browsing Forums)

Members: 0
Guests: 115

more...

Headlines

Register To Post  

AmigaOS 4 run in LimePC PPC ?
Just popping in
Just popping in

See User information
Hello,

I would like to know if the AmigaOS 4.1 run in this netbook

LimeBook PPC - Power PC - 1700MIPS Tri-Core Moc

http://www.limepc.com/book.shtml

specifications

CPU MPC5121e mobile GT
7"TFT / 8.9"TFT
CPU:800MIPS Tri-Core Moc
Memory:256MB(512MB optional)DDRII
Storage:4GB(or 8GB or 16GB)
Battery:Rechargeable 4400 Lithium-iron
/ Work time:5 hours
1xEthernet 1XWiFi(optional)
1xWeb Camera(optional)
1XAudio Stereo 1xMic 1xVGA
Demention:252x186x35mm
Weight:920g

the site have a very por informations about the hardware.

Tkz,

BR

Ice2642
www.gsv8.com
Go to top
Re: AmigaOS 4 run in LimePC PPC ?
Quite a regular
Quite a regular

See User information
@ice2642

"if the AmigaOS 4.1 run in this netbook "

No (AFAIK).

X1000|II/G4|440ep|2000/060|2000/040|1000
Go to top
Supreme Council
Supreme Council

See User information

Vacca foeda. Sum, ergo edo

Mr Bobo Cornwater
Go to top
Home away from home
Home away from home

See User information
@ice2642

would be great if OS4.x has an official notebook

mancave-ramblings

Go to top
Just popping in
Just popping in

See User information
@ice2642

>7"TFT / 8.9"TFT

not really useable for serious work

>Memory:256MB(512MB optional)DDRII

256MB could be a problem using OWB and Compositing

>1xEthernet 1XWiFi(optional)

Wifi only optional?
Sorry but Wifi is a MUST for an (portable) Laptop and one of its main benefits (be compleatly wireless), otherwise you can use also a desktop (Sam..etc)

Go to top
Amigans Defender
Amigans Defender

See User information
@fingus
Quote:
256MB could be a problem using OWB and Compositing

Compositing per se does not consume memory. The 3D eye candy effects consume the memory due to the way the layers (i.e. windows) are implemented. I can utilize the underlying IGraphics->Composite() function without having the 3D effects active at all. They are not one in the same.

Blaming "compositing" for memory issues is a common misconception started by the GUI prefs labels. The GUI prefs have since been rearranged and relabeled to try and remedy this misconception.

ExecSG Team Lead
Go to top
Just popping in
Just popping in

See User information
@ssolie

Quote:
Compositing per se does not consume memory. The 3D eye candy effects consume the memory due to the way the layers (i.e. windows) are implemented. I can utilize the underlying IGraphics->Composite() function without having the 3D effects active at all. They are not one in the same.

Blaming "compositing" for memory issues is a common misconception started by the GUI prefs labels. The GUI prefs have since been rearranged and relabeled to try and remedy this misconception.

I dont wan't to flame here, it's not that easy for me to write what i really ment .

I like to use my Sam440ep for every days tasks. I like the composing-effects too. But i make heavy use of screens for everything so the 64Mb of my Sam are not enough also in 16Bit on 1600x1200 TFT. Thats a little pitty and i fall back to 16bit and compositing off.

But what i really wanted to say is, that this Lime-Notebook-Hardware isn't able to privide all nice Eye-Candys to the User due the restricted GFX-Memory.

I'm saving Money for the 460ex and then i will plug in a GFX-Card with much more memory to enjoy all benefits and eyecandies

Go to top
Anonymous
@ice2642

Simple answer: NO, PPC is just not enough, since drivers are written just for specific hardware, or better to say, there are AmigaOS 4 versions that work just on certain boards.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Amiga_OS_4#Compatible_hardware

It`s not even possible to install version of OS for one motherboard on other listed as compatable hardware.

That`s Hyperion policy, probably to keep track on how many they have sold of each version, to prevent piracy.

Even when buying current offer of SAM`s and probably X1000, its impossible to buy hardware without the OS, so now its "tied bags".

I know it does not look fair when compared to universal installs of Linux and Windows, but it`s more centric like MacOS X. Cannot be sold separately.

Go to top

Register To Post