Login
Username:

Password:

Remember me

Lost Password?

Register now!

Sections

Who's Online
101 user(s) are online (59 user(s) are browsing Forums)

Members: 0
Guests: 101

more...

Headlines

Register To PostTopic is Locked  

(1) 2 3 »
I have some good news, 98% of OWB compiles in cygwin :-)
Home away from home
Home away from home

See User information
I have some good news, 98% of OWB compiles in cygwin
where soon I will be able to test my first version of OWB.

(NutsAboutAmiga)

Basilisk II for AmigaOS4
AmigaInputAnywhere
Excalibur
and other tools and apps.
Go to top
Re: I have some good news, 98% of OWB compiles in cygwin :-)
Home away from home
Home away from home

See User information
@LiveForIt

Every time I try compiling it it, it takes about 15 min to compile it, I worked on this for about 4 weeks now, Joerg has broken computer so he can't send me the newest source-code.

I think Joerg needs the ?Loaner system for AmigaOS4.1 software development?

http://www.amigabounty.net/?function= ... ments¬eid=42&full=true

(NutsAboutAmiga)

Basilisk II for AmigaOS4
AmigaInputAnywhere
Excalibur
Go to top
Just can't stay away
Just can't stay away

See User information
@LiveForIt

too bad about the broken amiga. i hope you get it to compile. how about trying to compile and fix fab's (mos) version of owb to os4.

Go to top
Just popping in
Just popping in

See User information
@Kicko

Or the AROS version if the MOS version is too complicated to port.

Go to top
Home away from home
Home away from home

See User information
@Kicko

The idea is add a download manager that's way I started on this project.

I'm using the FAB's (mos) version to fill in for missing files and as reference, because the AmigaOS4 parts from the SVN version is from 2007 or so, its extremely old.

OWB main build number is bit newer then FAB's (mos) version, so some times FAB's code is too old too.

Edited by LiveForIt on 2010/8/11 1:36:24
(NutsAboutAmiga)

Basilisk II for AmigaOS4
AmigaInputAnywhere
Excalibur
Go to top
Home away from home
Home away from home

See User information
@Balis

I think it will be the same for those versions,they both use mui/mui alike.

Quote:

Balis wrote:
@Kicko

Or the AROS version if the MOS version is too complicated to port.

X5000
Go to top
Home away from home
Home away from home

See User information
@Balis

If its available I might have a look at some parts.

Edited by LiveForIt on 2010/8/11 1:15:00
Edited by LiveForIt on 2010/8/11 1:15:37
(NutsAboutAmiga)

Basilisk II for AmigaOS4
AmigaInputAnywhere
Excalibur
Go to top
Amigans Defender
Amigans Defender

See User information
@LiveForIt

what do you need for the remaining 2%?

i'm really tired...
Go to top
Home away from home
Home away from home

See User information
@afxgroup

PopUpMenu's I hope I have solved it.

(NutsAboutAmiga)

Basilisk II for AmigaOS4
AmigaInputAnywhere
Excalibur
Go to top
Just can't stay away
Just can't stay away

See User information
@LiveForIt

Quote:
If its available I might have look at some part.
Unless something changed the small AROS OWB diffs are only available hidden in a huge archive with about 150 MB useless and unrelated junk you have to download, unpack and delete again (the complete AROS contrib source archive).

Mixing parts from different OWB ports is a very bad idea and will only cause problems, either don't use anything from other ports for the AmigaOS version or port the AROS version to AmigaOS instead without using any of the AmigaOS parts.

No idea if cross building OWB with Cygwin is possible, a native Cygwin build isn't (unless you apply some patches which are on the OWB trac, but probably only for old versions).

Make sure you don't use the broken AmigaOS parts in the CMake files from afxgroup which are currently in the OWB SVN (the AmigaOS port doesn't use libfreetype/libfontconfig, there is no AmigaOS Graphics BAL implementation, etc.), you have to add AmigaOS support in the CMake files from scratch instead.

Quote:
the AmigaOS4 parts from the SVN version is from 2007 or so, its extremely old.
They are only about a half a year old, but of course you have to use the matching SVN revision, the old AmigaOS4 parts can't work with the current SVN revision.

Go to top
Home away from home
Home away from home

See User information
@Samo76

Quote:

Hi LiveForIt

There is a great news coming, It seems that Fab is very near to release pubblically the latest OWB MUI source (based on WIP 1.9)

If i've understand correctly you have an already complete Linux setup for cross-compiling, so (maybe) when you complete your first step on Reaction OWB, do you like to help Kas1e to compile also the latest MUI version ? (when source it's availible off course)

Ciao

I like Reaction and I'm no MUI guru, I hope to bring the source-code more up to date.

Maybe Google source or Source forge is good place to host the source-code.

I think its a good idea to merge the source code tree where / if its possible.

(NutsAboutAmiga)

Basilisk II for AmigaOS4
AmigaInputAnywhere
Excalibur
Go to top
Home away from home
Home away from home

See User information
@joerg

Quote:
No idea if cross building OWB with Cygwin is possible

Works fine but it not easy to setup.

I have updated the CMakeFiles and compared the CmakeFiles whit the MorphOS build.

(NutsAboutAmiga)

Basilisk II for AmigaOS4
AmigaInputAnywhere
Excalibur
Go to top
Just can't stay away
Just can't stay away

See User information
@LiveForIt

Quote:
@joerg

Quote:
No idea if cross building OWB with Cygwin is possible
Works fine but it not easy to setup.
It should be very easy to setup, but without the Cygwin patches you can only build about 99% of OWB for a native Cygwin build as well ...

Quote:
I have updated the CMakeFiles and compared the CmakeFiles whit the MorphOS build.
AFAIK the MorphOS port uses the Freetype Fonts BAL implementation, you have to change it to the AmigaOS4 one, and of course all GUI related parts of it, especially in WebKit/OrigynWebBrowser and BAL/Widgets/WebKit, can't be used for the AmigaOS version.

Go to top
Home away from home
Home away from home

See User information
@joerg

It compiles to 100% and then it stops

[100%] Building CXX object WebKit/OrigynWebBrowser/CMakeFiles/webkit-owb.dir/WebCoreSupport/WebPluginHalterClient.cpp.obj
cd 
/cross-pukapuka/WebKit/OrigynWebBrowser && /usr/local/amiga/bin/ppc-amigaos-g++   -Dwebkit_owb_EXPORTS -DWTF_CHANGES -DWTF_USE_IC
U_UNICODE
=-DWTF_USE_CURL=-DNDEBUG -DENABLE_NETSCAPE_PLUGIN_API=-DENABLE_SVG=-DUSE_FREETYPE=-DBUILDING_CAIRO__=-DWTF_PLAT
FORM_BAL
=-DWTF_USE_BALI18N=-DENABLE_DATABASE=-DENABLE_ICONDATABASE=-DENABLE_INSPECTOR=-DENABLE_JAVASCRIPT_DEBUGGER=-DENA
BLE_EVENTSOURCE
=-DENABLE_WEB_SOCKETS=-Wall --Wcast-align -Wchar-subscripts -Wreturn-type -Wformat -Wformat-security -Wno-forma
t
-y2k -Wundef -Wmissing-format-attribute -Wpointer-arith -Wwrite-strings -Wno-unused-parameter -Wno-parentheses -fvisibility-inlines
-hidden -fPIC -fvisibility=hidden -fno-strict-aliasing -O2 -fPIC -I/Pukapuka/WebKit/OrigynWebBrowser/Api/AmigaOS4 -I/Pukapuka -I/Puk
apuka
/Base -I/Pukapuka/Base/wtf -I/cross-pukapuka/generated_link/BAL/wtf -I/cross-pukapuka/generated_link/BAL/wtf/unicode -I/cross-p
ukapuka
/generated_link/BAL -I/Pukapuka/JavaScriptCore -I/Pukapuka/JavaScriptCore/assembler -I/Pukapuka/JavaScriptCore/API -I/Pukapuk
a
/JavaScriptCore/bytecode -I/Pukapuka/JavaScriptCore/bytecompiler -I/Pukapuka/JavaScriptCore/debugger -I/Pukapuka/JavaScriptCore/For
wardingHeaders -I/Pukapuka/JavaScriptCore/interpreter -I/Pukapuka/JavaScriptCore/jit -I/Pukapuka/JavaScriptCore/parser -I/Pukapuka/J
avaScriptCore
/pcre -I/Pukapuka/JavaScriptCore/profiler -I/Pukapuka/JavaScriptCore/runtime -I/Pukapuka/JavaScriptCore/wrec -I/Pukapuk
a
/JavaScriptCore/yarr -I/Pukapuka/WebCore/accessibility -I/Pukapuka/WebCore/bindings/js -I/Pukapuka/WebCore/bridge -I/Pukapuka/WebCo
re
/bridge/bal -I/Pukapuka/WebCore/bridge/-I/Pukapuka/WebCore/css -I/Pukapuka/WebCore/dom -I/Pukapuka/WebCore/dom/default -I/Pukapu
ka
/WebCore/editing -I/Pukapuka/WebCore/history -I/Pukapuka/WebCore/html -I/Pukapuka/WebCore/html/canvas -I/Pukapuka/WebCore/loader -
I/Pukapuka/WebCore/loader/appcache -I/Pukapuka/WebCore/loader/archive -I/Pukapuka/WebCore/loader/icon -I/Pukapuka/WebCore/page -I/Pu
kapuka
/WebCore/page/animation -I/Pukapuka/WebCore/plugins -I/Pukapuka/WebCore/rendering -I/Pukapuka/WebCore/rendering/style -I/Pukap
uka
/WebCore/xml -I/Pukapuka/WebCore/svg -I/Pukapuka/WebCore/svg/animation -I/Pukapuka/WebCore/svg/graphics -I/Pukapuka/WebCore/svg/g
raphics
/filters -I/Pukapuka/WebKit/OrigynWebBrowser -I/Pukapuka/WebKit/OrigynWebBrowser/Api -I/Pukapuka/WebKit/OrigynWebBrowser/WebC
oreSupport 
-I/cross-pukapuka/generated_sources/WebCore -I/cross-pukapuka/generated_sources/WebCore/html -I/usr/include/libxml2 -I/us
r
/local/amiga/ppc-amigaos/SDK/newlib/include/fontconfig -I/usr/local/amiga/ppc-amigaos/SDK/newlib/include/freetype -I/usr/include/li
bpng12 
-I/usr/local/amiga/ppc-amigaos/SDK/include -I/Pukapuka/JavaScriptCore/icu   -fno-rtti -fno-exceptions -o CMakeFiles/webkit-ow
b
.dir/WebCoreSupport/WebPluginHalterClient.cpp.obj -/Pukapuka/WebKit/OrigynWebBrowser/WebCoreSupport/WebPluginHalterClient.cpp
make
[2]: *** No rule to make target `/usr/local/amiga/ppc-amigaos/SDK/local/newlib/lib', needed by `lib/libwebkit-owb.so'.  Stop.
make[2]: Leaving directory `/cross-pukapuka'
make[1]: *** [WebKit/OrigynWebBrowser/CMakeFiles/webkit-owb.dir/allError 2
make
[1]: Leaving directory `/cross-pukapuka'
make: *** [all] Error 2

(NutsAboutAmiga)

Basilisk II for AmigaOS4
AmigaInputAnywhere
Excalibur
Go to top
Home away from home
Home away from home

See User information
@LiveForIt

/cross-pukapuka/lib/libjsc.a(AllInOneFile.cpp.obj): In function `munmap(void*, int)':
AllInOneFile.cpp:(.text+0x23e0): multiple definition of 
`munmap(void*, int)'
/cross-pukapuka/lib/libjsc.a(MarkStackPosix.cpp.obj):MarkStackPosix.cpp:(.text+0x4): first defined here
/cross-pukapuka/lib/libjsc.a(AllInOneFile.cpp.obj): In function `getpagesize()'
:
AllInOneFile.cpp:(.text+0x2430): multiple definition of `getpagesize()'
/cross-pukapuka/lib/libjsc.a(MarkStackPosix.cpp.obj):MarkStackPosix.cpp:(.text+0x54): first defined here
/cross-pukapuka/lib/libjsc.a(AllInOneFile.cpp.obj): In function 
`mmap(void*, unsigned intintintintlong)':
AllInOneFile.cpp:(.text+0x5220): multiple definition of `mmap(void*, unsigned int, int, int, int, long)'
/cross-pukapuka/lib/libjsc.a(MarkStackPosix.cpp.obj):MarkStackPosix.cpp:(.text+0xa4): first defined here
/usr/local/amiga/lib/gcc/ppc-amigaos/4.4.3/../../../../ppc-amigaos/bin/ld: /cross-pukapuka/lib/libwebcore.a(BCSharedTimerAmigaOS4.cp
p
.obj)(.text+0x488): R_PPC_PLTREL24 reloc against local symbol
/cross-pukapuka/lib/libwebcore.a(BCSharedTimerAmigaOS4.cpp.obj): could not read symbolsBad value
collect2
ld returned 1 exit status
make
[2]: *** [lib/libwebkit-owb.soError 1
make
[2]: Leaving directory `/cross-pukapuka'
make[1]: *** [WebKit/OrigynWebBrowser/CMakeFiles/webkit-owb.dir/all] Error 2
make[1]: Leaving directory 
`/cross-pukapuka'
make: *** [all] Error 2

(NutsAboutAmiga)

Basilisk II for AmigaOS4
AmigaInputAnywhere
Excalibur
Go to top
Just can't stay away
Just can't stay away

See User information
@LiveForIt

Quote:
/cross-pukapuka/lib/libjsc.a(MarkStackPosix.cpp.obj):MarkStackPosix.cpp:(.text+0x4): first defined here
You can't use MarkStackPosix.cpp on AmigaOS 4.x, you have to use MarkStackAmigaOS4.cpp instead (if it's not in the SVN yet: IIRC it's the same as MarkStackNone.cpp).

MarkStack.h needs changes as well, you have to add || OS(AMIGAOS4) to the #if OS(WINDOWS) || OS(SYMBIAN) ... line.

Go to top
Just popping in
Just popping in

See User information
@joerg
@Live for It

Thank you for your dedications to improve OWB.
Most of OS4.x users would be glad to know that their prefered browser is still worked on and getting better.

@ Fab
Thank you for sharing your OWB code with OS4.x devs man, you roxx
You are the most cooperative Amigan around here and everyone should take example.

Go to top
Home away from home
Home away from home

See User information
@LiveForIt

Quote:
Maybe Google source or Source forge is good place to host the source-code.

Why ?
There is already the official site for this

http://www.sand-labs.org/owb/browser

Why "split it" again and again ...

Go to top
Home away from home
Home away from home

See User information
@samo79

1)
As I found out, many CmakeFiles where not correct, also files where missing in the sand-labs svn,

2)
If we host files, then its easier to keep the files in order.

3)
Sand-labs also only accepted diff files.

4)
Keep the source code only on your hard-drive is not smart.

(NutsAboutAmiga)

Basilisk II for AmigaOS4
AmigaInputAnywhere
Excalibur
Go to top
Just can't stay away
Just can't stay away

See User information
@LiveForIt

Quote:
1)
As I found out, many CmakeFiles where not correct, also files where missing in the sand-labs svn,
There never were any CMake files for the AmigaOS 4.x port from me because I don't use it. The broken CMake files currently on the OWB SVN are from afxgroup.
There is nothing missing in the AmigaOS 4.x parts, they are just several months old and of course it can't work if you use newer versions of the rest of OWB.

Quote:
3)
Sand-labs also only accepted diff files.
Enforced code review is a good thing, even if it failed for the broken CMake files from afxgroup.

If you want to keep your independant AmigaOS 4.x port of OWB outside of the official OWB SVN like the AROS and MorphOS porters do you wont get any help from me at all, and I wont include changes from you in my versions of OWB.

Go to top

Register To PostTopic is Locked
(1) 2 3 »