Login
Username:

Password:

Remember me

Lost Password?

Register now!

Sections

Who's Online
108 user(s) are online (67 user(s) are browsing Forums)

Members: 1
Guests: 107

flash, more...

Headlines

Register To Post  

« 1 ... 8 9 10 (11) 12 13 14 »
Re: Initial port of new Paint app. NEW VERSION #12
Home away from home
Home away from home

See User information
Btw, right now used lodepaint for making icon for new game (in upload query on os4depot):

- load in lodepaint big .jpg (screenshot) of game.
- adding some easy filtering for good-looking
- resize + bilinear filter for the image to the icon size
- saveas png

I.e. already some graphics-related task which easy to handle.

Join us to improve dopus5!
AmigaOS4 on youtube
Go to top
Home away from home
Home away from home

See User information
@kas1e

just downloaded the latest release and now I get a falshign screen with horizontal linbes on my screen? doesnt crash my system as I'm able to switch screens back to workbench and work away but can't do anything with lodepaint now

mancave-ramblings

Go to top
Home away from home
Home away from home

See User information
@328gts

Maybe old version of SDL ? (put the new-last one to SOBJ: ). Before all releases was statically linked, and not refer to SOBJ:libsdl-1.2.so, but that one i build as dinamic one (maybe should still make it static again). So, if you have old version of SDL in SOBJ: then some bugs will be occurs.

Last SDL sobj are here Let me know if that helps or not.

AmigaOS4 on youtube
Go to top
Home away from home
Home away from home

See User information
@kas1e

yep new SDL did the trick..thanks

mancave-ramblings

Go to top
Just popping in
Just popping in

See User information
I still get the lock-up when saving.

One slight difference, the new save requestor now disappears when I click save (no file is saved though). Selected 'Save As', selected the filename, left it as 'save as PNG' and did NOT check 'add extension to filename'.

One thing I noticed this time, the second hand of the clock on my AmiDock (clock docky) quit moving when I hit save.

The the mouse cursor would move but trying to adjust the sliders on LodePaint had no effect. Clicking the mouse on the Workbench screen caused it to lock-up too. Three fingered reset had no effect.

'non fixed' A1XE, USB card, Sil 0680 IDE, 512mb RAM, Radeon 9250, OS4.1 Update 5
Go to top
Home away from home
Home away from home

See User information
@RacerX

If you in interest, i can compile a version, where i comment one string, which cause memguard HITs on OPEN/NEW state (but then, no MASK will works). Maybe that will help for you. Btw, are you have latest libSDL-1.2.so and latest minigl.library (which is not in public, but was on some game which afxgroup release some days ago) ? If not, i can also upload it for you (just to be sure).

AmigaOS4 on youtube
Go to top
Just popping in
Just popping in

See User information
@kas1e

Quote:

kas1e wrote:
@RacerX

If you in interest, i can compile a version, where i comment one string, which cause memguard HITs on OPEN/NEW state (but then, no MASK will works). Maybe that will help for you. Btw, are you have latest libSDL-1.2.so and latest minigl.library (which is not in public, but was on some game which afxgroup release some days ago) ? If not, i can also upload it for you (just to be sure).

I have the SDL library (just one .so file to copy to SYS:SObjs, right?) but I do NOT have the minigl.library. If you don't mind please upload that and we'll see if it helps.

Thanks.

'non fixed' A1XE, USB card, Sil 0680 IDE, 512mb RAM, Radeon 9250, OS4.1 Update 5
Go to top
Just can't stay away
Just can't stay away

See User information
@RacerX

Quote:

I do NOT have the minigl.library. If you don't mind please upload that and we'll see if it helps. Thanks.

Get it from os4depot:
http://os4depot.net/index.php?functio ... river/graphics/minigl.lha

The Rear Window blog

AmigaOne X5000 @ 2GHz / 4GB RAM / Radeon RX 560 / ESI Juli@ / AmigaOS 4.1 Final Edition
SAM440ep-flex @ 667MHz / 1GB RAM / Radeon 9250 / AmigaOS 4.1 Final Edition
Go to top
Home away from home
Home away from home

See User information
@trixie

No no, that from os4depot are not the latest one. Latest one are come wiht Aquaria game if i remember right (just not released for os4depot for some reassons).

@RacerX
Quote:

I have the SDL library (just one .so file to copy to SYS:SObjs, right?)

Yes, just be sure that its very latest one. There is

Quote:

but I do NOT have the minigl.library. If you don't mind please upload that and we'll see if it helps.

If lodepaint works for you, then you should have libs:minigl.library. Because LodePaint are OpenGL one, and for now our OpenGL implementation its minigl.library.

There is last minig.library and mglut.library, copy boch to LIBS: (and just to be sure, you can compare by size old ones, and new ones), just to detect if they are different

Also i uploaded here for you binary of lodepaint, where i fix that MemGuart HIT, which happenes on Open/Creating new files (but because of that , MASK does not works at all). But still, after you will try public version with all new libs, and if that will not help, try that binary, just to see, will it help and did that lockup happenes for you because of that HITs, or because of different problems ..

Edited by kas1e on 2010/7/22 9:35:36
AmigaOS4 on youtube
Go to top
Just popping in
Just popping in

See User information
@kas1e

Quote:

Yes, just be sure that its very latest one. There is

That is the one I downloaded and installed a few days ago.

Quote:

There is last minig.library and mglut.library, copy boch to LIBS: (and just to be sure, you can compare by size old ones, and new ones), just to detect if they are different

Also i uploaded here for you binary of lodepaint, where i fix that MemGuart HIT, which happenes on Open/Creating new files (but because of that , MASK does not works at all). But still, after you will try public version with all new libs, and if that will not help, try that binary, just to see, will it help and did that lockup happenes for you because of that HITs, or because of different problems ..

Installed the 2 libraries (they were different sizes tham what I had) and tried the public version after a cold reboot. Same result. Crash at the same place.

Tried the test version, worked fine.

Go to top
Home away from home
Home away from home

See User information
@RacerX

Quote:

Tried the test version, worked fine.

So, that more or less good to know. The problem then because of that MemGuard hits, which we can't for now fix normally, because everything looks as it should, but still, minigl give us that HITs (on linux and win32, no problems with it). And imho on AROS (where is MESA) no problems too should be ..

Can you also please use test version for now heavy as possible ? I.e. try to use everything, just to make again lockup happenes (i want to be sure, that there is only one problem).

Anyway, i try to fix these hits soon or later, but maybe for now, i should put 2 binary inside archive like : lodepaint.exe and lodepaint_nolockup.exe while it not fixed ?

ps. I write mail to Hanz (current MiniGL author), in hope that he will help me with that minigl hits.

AmigaOS4 on youtube
Go to top
Home away from home
Home away from home

See User information
@ALL

New version in upload query on os4depot. Changes since last release:

-- Added busy indicator bar while saving and loading images
-- Added "Make Seamless" filter
-- Moved mirror-tile, wrapping shift 50% and repeat filters to "Seamless Tiling" submenu under Filters
-- Added blend modes to the "blend selection" filter (Overlay, Soft/Hard light, Dodge and Burn)
-- Fixed existing blend modes (formula of Divide and terminology of Screen)
-- Fixed annoyance of menus: they now close immediatly if you click on the main menu item when submenus are open
-- When saving to a file that already exists, it now automatically makes a backup with a "~" added to the name, only if the backup didn't exist yet. So originals of photos are maybe backed up when accidently overwriting one. (no guarantees, the authors of this program are not responsible for data loss)
-- Fixed bug with undo of unfloating of selections partially outside image
-- Fixed crash when opening image file that didn't exist anymore
-- Undo and redo buttons in toolbar become greyed out if there are no more steps
-- Fixed appearance of empty tooltips over seperators of toolbar
-- Add/Remove auto extension for native aos4 save_file dialog are works fine for now.

PS. Still it can cause lockup, but i contacted with Hanz, and he not have memguard problems => that mean that upcoming os4 update should fix the problems if someone will have it.

AmigaOS4 on youtube
Go to top
Home away from home
Home away from home

See User information
@kas1e

big thanks again! was just using LodePaint to modify a pdf for one of my projects when I noticed this update

mancave-ramblings

Go to top
Home away from home
Home away from home

See User information
@328gts

Cool :) But did you mean that you modifi some images which include later to your pdf ? (not pdf itself i hope ?:) )

Btw, hope next os update will fix these memguard hits which cause lockup for some users. And hope that soon Layers will be added (author say that for now, because of amigaos's users requestes adding of layer are in top of priority).

AmigaOS4 on youtube
Go to top
Home away from home
Home away from home

See User information
@kas1e

hehe actually I converted a pdf to jpg then modified the jpg

mancave-ramblings

Go to top
Home away from home
Home away from home

See User information
@kas1e

This version seems a bit fast

Go to top
Just can't stay away
Just can't stay away

See User information
@kas1e

Thanks for the update!

Quote:

-- Add/Remove auto extension for native aos4 save_file dialog are works fine for now.

It does work, although the implementation could use an extra check for an already-present extension. For example, if Add File Extension is checked and you pass a filename of "Picture.png", the file gets saved as "Picture.png.png".

The Rear Window blog

AmigaOne X5000 @ 2GHz / 4GB RAM / Radeon RX 560 / ESI Juli@ / AmigaOS 4.1 Final Edition
SAM440ep-flex @ 667MHz / 1GB RAM / Radeon 9250 / AmigaOS 4.1 Final Edition
Go to top
Home away from home
Home away from home

See User information
@trixie

Quote:

It does work, although the implementation could use an extra check for an already-present extension. For example, if Add File Extension is checked and you pass a filename of "Picture.png", the file gets saved as "Picture.png.png".

Yep, noticed that too. Dunno how to implement more or less good solution for that. Like bring window where just a warning, like "You have marked add extension, but you type exension manually as well. Do you want to save it "as it", or you want give program to deal with it ?" looks pretty boring and long imho :) In compare imho what we have now are better a bit. Have any ideas about making its "simply and right" ?

AmigaOS4 on youtube
Go to top
Just can't stay away
Just can't stay away

See User information
Good news about layers. Its a must for me to use a paint package. Im just to used to arteffect :)

Go to top
Just popping in
Just popping in

See User information
@kas1e

Quote:
Have any ideas about making its "simply and right" ?

Can't it be done automatically? If the add extension is marked, then check if the filename has the extension or not and act accordingly.

PowerBook 5.2 MorphOS 3.15
PowerBook 5.8 MorphOS 3.17
Amiga 1200 BPPC/BVision AOS4.1 FE
Go to top

Register To Post
« 1 ... 8 9 10 (11) 12 13 14 »