Login
Username:

Password:

Remember me

Lost Password?

Register now!

Sections

Who's Online
153 user(s) are online (127 user(s) are browsing Forums)

Members: 0
Guests: 153

more...

Headlines

Register To Post  

« 1 (2)
Re: MiniGL related question
Home away from home
Home away from home

See User information
@kas1e

Quote:

kas1e wrote:
@Hans
Yeah, we tested that, and now it's ok. It's a bit more faster even if compare with public 2.1 version (maybe there was also no -O3 right flag).

I doubt that the -O3 flag was missing in the previous version, or the performance difference would be larger. There have been a large number of changes, any one of which could have improved performance. Plus, this was compiled with the latest SDK, so maybe the optimizer is a bit better.

Hans

http://hdrlab.org.nz/ - Amiga OS 4 projects, programming articles and more.
https://keasigmadelta.com/ - more of my work
Go to top
Home away from home
Home away from home

See User information
@Hans

Trying to compile new SDL (1.2.13-svnr5), and everythinkg compiles ok with the latest SDK (well, except one thing : SIG_BLOCK in pthreads is undeclared by some reasson, and i need define it in SDL source).
Quote:

./src/thread/pthread/SDL_systhread.c: In function 'SDL_SYS_SetupThread':
./src/thread/pthread/SDL_systhread.c:89: error: 'SIG_BLOCK' undeclared (first use in this function)
./src/thread/pthread/SDL_systhread.c:89: error: (Each undeclared identifier is reported only once
./src/thread/pthread/SDL_systhread.c:89: error: for each function it appears in.)

After i define that in the SDL itself, it's compiles ok.

But when i trying to compile with new libsdl.a any sdl programm, i have that weird output:

Quote:

/SDK/local/newlib/lib/libSDL.a(SDL_systhread.o): In function `SDL_SYS_KillThread':
/Work/--SDL_PORTS/SDL_ITSELF/src/./src/thread/pthread/SDL_systhread.c:113: undefined reference to `pthread_cancel'
/SDK/local/newlib/lib/libSDL.a(SDL_systhread.o): In function `SDL_SYS_WaitThread':
/Work/--SDL_PORTS/SDL_ITSELF/src/./src/thread/pthread/SDL_systhread.c:107: undefined reference to `pthread_join'
/SDK/local/newlib/lib/libSDL.a(SDL_systhread.o): In function `SDL_ThreadID':
/Work/--SDL_PORTS/SDL_ITSELF/src/./src/thread/pthread/SDL_systhread.c:102: undefined reference to `pthread_self'

and so on (all related to phtread).

But, if i compile source like: gcc test.c -lSDL -lphtread, then i have only these two:

Quote:

/Work/--SDL_PORTS/SDL_ITSELF/src/./src/thread/pthread/SDL_systhread.c:89: undefined reference to `pthread_sigmask'
/SDK/local/newlib/lib/libSDL.a(SDL_os4timer.o): In function `os4timer_WaitUntil':
/Work/--SDL_PORTS/SDL_ITSELF/src/./src/main/amigaos4/SDL_os4timer.c:225: undefined reference to `os4thread_GetTimer'

I compile all just by :
./configure
make
make install

Maybe i need change Makefile somehow (to add that unresolved stuff to builds and make all the sdl programms compiles ok just with -lSDL)

I also tryed the last newlib (which compiled from new source i hope), and with that ready one it works fine (without links to phreads, etc). So, that make me think that maybe i need a bit update Makefile or maybe SDK with some new "pthread related includes/libs" ? (i have last one, 53.15).

And the same for SVN-r2. The same SIG_BLOCK undefine, and the same problems when try to compile any sdl app with -lSDL.

I also just do search on all the SDK directory on "pthread_sigmask", and found that only in new libsdl.a, but nothing like that in libpthread.a. That all looks i need some the libpthread + includes, but on os4depot i can found only pthread from the 2005, not sure that is correct ones, becouse (imho) last SDK have all the new ones inside ?

Edited by kas1e on 2009/12/23 12:34:23
Edited by kas1e on 2009/12/23 12:39:20
Edited by kas1e on 2009/12/23 12:45:40
Join us to improve dopus5!
AmigaOS4 on youtube
Go to top
Home away from home
Home away from home

See User information
@kas1e

Quote:

./configure
make
make install

This may be you problem, I think the archive is "preconfigured", in particulr I don;t think the amigaos4 port uses pthreads, but it own system based threading. By reconfiguraing you've possibly reenabled pthreads....

However I've only had the briefest lookat SDL so get a more informed opinion if you can

Go to top
Home away from home
Home away from home

See User information
@broadblues

I just built SDL from scratch with no issues, the main difference was i *did not* do a ./configure step

I also just typed nmake from the AmigaDOS prompt, ie no abc-shell

pthhreads is indeed not used as is shown by this excerpt from libSDL.la

Quote:

# Names of this library.
library_names='libSDL-1.2.so libSDL-1.2.so libSDL.so'

# The name of the static archive.
old_library='libSDL.a'

# Libraries that this one depends upon.
dependency_libs=' -lm -lGL -lGLU'

Go to top
Amigans Defender
Amigans Defender

See User information
use ./configure --enable-pthreads=no --enable-pth=no

i'm really tired...
Go to top
Home away from home
Home away from home

See User information
Thanks all, you are right. Without pthread it compiles fine and works fine :)
Btw, imho we need add some kind of "AmigaOS4_notes.txt", and there write about that. In the README.AmigaOS4 i have nothing about that ..

AmigaOS4 on youtube
Go to top
Home away from home
Home away from home

See User information
@Hans

If i compile something with current opengl/minigl includes/libs, and it compiles ok, did it mean that all the functions which are resolves fine - did 100% the same job as did opengl originals ?

And one more question: it is possible to "catch" which opengl calls was done for app (only ogl calls) ? Like some minigl debugger, which i can set to ON, and will have some text file with all the fucntions which was done by the minigl. (that can be easy way to detect any problems)

Edited by kas1e on 2009/12/25 17:57:59
AmigaOS4 on youtube
Go to top
Home away from home
Home away from home

See User information
@kas1e

Quote:

kas1e wrote:
@Hans

If i compile something with current opengl/minigl includes/libs, and it compiles ok, did it mean that all the functions which are resolves fine - did 100% the same job as did opengl originals ?

If it compiles, then it should work just like OpenGL on other platforms.

IIRC, the GLUT implementation includes the joystick functions, but always returns 0 for the number of joysticks plugged in. Also, there may be some state variables that MiniGL doesn't have, and so using glGet() on those will return garbage. That's because those state variables aren't supported.

Another thing to note is that many demos that load binary model data require you to change the code so that it performs endian swapping.

Quote:
And one more question: it is possible to "catch" which opengl calls was done for app (only ogl calls) ? Like some minigl debugger, which i can set to ON, and will have some text file with all the fucntions which was done by the minigl. (that can be easy way to detect any problems)

Sort of, if you look at config.h, you can enable logging (you'll have to do a clean recompile MiniGL after changing the config file) which will write debug information to the debug buffer. This slows down MiniGL dramatically though.

Hans

http://hdrlab.org.nz/ - Amiga OS 4 projects, programming articles and more.
https://keasigmadelta.com/ - more of my work
Go to top

Register To Post
« 1 (2)