Login
Username:

Password:

Remember me

Lost Password?

Register now!

Sections

Who's Online
153 user(s) are online (107 user(s) are browsing Forums)

Members: 0
Guests: 153

more...

Headlines

Register To Post  

Amiga One fixed but doesn't boot! (FINALLY SOLVED)
Quite a regular
Quite a regular

See User information
Hi amigans!

Well I have a problem here that is that my Amiga One G3 XE 800 Mhz,connected now with DVI-D cable to the monitor,it loads the modules of my OS4.1 installation but stops after this with a black screen.

And I have to say that today my Amiga One had got fixed after identifying that the problem has been the PSU.So the expert of a general computers center has replaced my PSU of 300 W aproximately with a new one of 450 W.I went on the end of the evening and take my Amiga back and it works again but don't go more far away than the black screen after the modules loading.

Could it be that the DVI-D cable isn't appropiate for my computer?

Or what could it be?

Any help will be appreciated.

Edited by MamePPCA1 on 2009/9/17 16:30:03
Amiga 500 1MB Chip RAM with ACA 500+ACA1232,CD32,Amiga 1300 030/50 Mhz,32MB (now on my hands at least)and Amiga One G3 XE PPC 800 Mhz,ATI Radeon 9250 128 MB,256 MB RAM,Seagate 200 GB HD,2 working DVD drives,X-Arcade double for MAME,Sil0680,4 USB ports,LG
Go to top
Re: Amiga One fixed but doesn't boot!
Quite a regular
Quite a regular

See User information
@MamePPCA1

I doubt it's the cable. I'm using a DVI cable from an ATI Radeon 9250 to a 22" LG LCD monitor for a while now without problems.

Does your Radeon have an extra power socket on it requiring a floppy or hard drive cable to be plugged into it? I used to have a Radeon 9800 in my XE set up that way. It wouldn't work right without the extra power source connected.

Paul

Builder of Frankenthousand The monster A1000
The Young Frankenthousand A1-XE G4
X5000
Go to top
Home away from home
Home away from home

See User information
@Paul

But that would mean, he doesn't get any video output (at least, thats what happens when i miss to plug the extra power cable to my Radeon9800)

@MamePPCA1

The easiest thing why it won't work might be a wrong resolution set in the monitor driver.
Boot with the OS4 CD and change the settings in the driver, maybe your monitor don't work with the default, already happened here

Do you have speakers installed and the boot jingle set to play?
If so, do you get sound output after some time of waiting before the black screen?

The only other thing that comes to mid is to hook upa serial cable and see where it hangs...i remember a thread about a black screen after the modules were loaded, but i can't remember what the culprit was

People are dying.
Entire ecosystems are collapsing.
We are in the beginning of a mass extinction.
And all you can talk about is money and fairytales of eternal economic growth.
How dare you!
– Greta Thunberg
Go to top
Supreme Council
Supreme Council

See User information
@MamePPCA1

Can you boot the install CD?

If so, it sounds like you may need to disable interrupts in the monitor driver icons tooltypes. (Set INTERRUPT=No).

Simon

Go to top
Just can't stay away
Just can't stay away

See User information
@MamePPCA1
Could it be that the DVI-D cable isn't appropiate for my computer?
9250 APG or PCI ? Researched the card? I don't recall the 9250 supports DVI. The 9200SE does.
http://ati.amd.com/products/radeon9200/radeon9200/specs.html
http://www.hometheaterforum.com/forum ... 9250-pci-dvi-to-component

Go to top
Just popping in
Just popping in

See User information
@Snuffy

Scroll down to "Display Features" on your link page. Says DVI right there.

Chris

Go to top
Quite a regular
Quite a regular

See User information
@Paul

Quote:

Paul wrote:
@MamePPCA1

I doubt it's the cable. I'm using a DVI cable from an ATI Radeon 9250 to a 22" LG LCD monitor for a while now without problems.

Does your Radeon have an extra power socket on it requiring a floppy or hard drive cable to be plugged into it? I used to have a Radeon 9800 in my XE set up that way. It wouldn't work right without the extra power source connected.

Paul

No it doesn't have any kind of cable connected to it,it works plugged to the AGP slot.

Amiga 500 1MB Chip RAM with ACA 500+ACA1232,CD32,Amiga 1300 030/50 Mhz,32MB (now on my hands at least)and Amiga One G3 XE PPC 800 Mhz,ATI Radeon 9250 128 MB,256 MB RAM,Seagate 200 GB HD,2 working DVD drives,X-Arcade double for MAME,Sil0680,4 USB ports,LG
Go to top
Quite a regular
Quite a regular

See User information
@Rigo

Yes I know the interrupt thing,but yesterday I couldn't boot from CD neither.

Go to top
Quite a regular
Quite a regular

See User information
@QuikSanz

At least my ATI Radeon card has DVI connectors and I probed yesterday and it worked fine.

Go to top
Quite a regular
Quite a regular

See User information
@To all

Well I finally solved this problem yesterday's evening entering some U-Boot commands.The moment I saw the OS4.1 boot screen was magic.
And that was at 20:20 pm aproximately with the DVI cable.At first it worked fine but later I encountered a problem of the screen changing from the WB or DirOpus to black screen like a flickering so now I am using the VGA option again.

One more question.I have disabled all the Siil and Video modules on the Kickstart of OS4.1 except the one for the Siil0680 and the Radeon too.
Can I disable anything more to accelerate the boot process of my system?

Go to top

Register To Post