Login
Username:

Password:

Remember me

Lost Password?

Register now!

Sections

Who's Online
140 user(s) are online (77 user(s) are browsing Forums)

Members: 2
Guests: 138

imagodespira, Paul, more...

Headlines

Register To Post  

« 1 (2)
Re: Ken's Icons 2009!
Quite a regular
Quite a regular

See User information
@klesterjr

I installed using the installer in K4Install package but everytime I download the archive it tells me it is corrupt (netinterface.info is corrupt), howver the package still installs. Luv your work.

ace

Go to top
Just popping in
Just popping in

See User information
@Ken

The large Icons look cool.

with tthe right scaling alogrithm, they would be usable for different resolutions.

Resized Image

However, the 256x256 ones have too tiny details compared to their size, its hard to get them work on smaller scale.

Go to top
Illusionist
Illusionist

See User information
@acefnq
Quote:
(netinterface.info is corrupt)

The 'netinterface' icons all read as good here, but I'm on OS3 at the moment -- OS4 is way more fussy in that regard. I built the install archive on OS4 for just that reason. I'll definitely look at it when I get a chance.

That particular icon is in a couple of different places in the archive -- maybe try replacing the broken icon with a known good one and installing again (AFTER uninstalling, or you'll lose your backup of Mason's icons).

Go to top
Illusionist
Illusionist

See User information
@Wanderer

Icon scaling would be a nice feature to have in OS4 -- it would allow people to use ANY goofy icon they like without sacrificing visual integrity (AmiDock in particular would benefit).

I'm told that the functionality is already built into the OS4 icon.library -- it just isn't being utilized.

Go to top
Just popping in
Just popping in

See User information
Hi,

when I first saw Mason's 64x64 icons I was shocked, on my 1440x900 screen they are just too big for my taste. So I am glad that there are still some smaller ken-icons, even though the future might be 64x64 and up.
I also tried to scale Mason's incons with WB's textview mode, and the did look nice, even if the might lose details, but that's hardly noticed in every day use, imo.

So, besides hoping for sizes smaller than 64x64 I am also hoping for a scaling in the rest of WB.

And Ken, as always great work. Though I am not sure if I like the new drawers, I do have to think about them for a while ;)

CU,
Mario

Go to top
Illusionist
Illusionist

See User information
@padrino

I know it sounds like I'm pandering, but I really like Mason's new drawer design & I think the larger size has been a long time coming.

Go to top
Site Builder
Site Builder

See User information
@klesterjr

I would like to add them to www.amiga-look.org. Is it ok with you?

Go to top
Illusionist
Illusionist

See User information
@walkero
Quote:
I would like to add them to www.amiga-look.org. Is it ok with you?

Not this set -- it's a "work in progress".

However, you can add the archive I uploaded to Aminet if you'd like.

http://aminet.net/pix/picon/kens_icons_v4.lha

Go to top
Just popping in
Just popping in

See User information
@padrino

Quote:
the future might be 64x64 and up

The future is vector defined icons (typically SVG), as Dave Haynie foresaw it about a decade ago. Many systems already have this. Oh and they will also truly be animated, not just two frames

-- kolla
Go to top
Just popping in
Just popping in

See User information
@klesterjr

Your Icons have a type of class around them.

OR in other words,

I think they look classy.

Courtesy of SAM440Flex & Amiga OS4.1 only
Flex is 800mhz
A1000 with Classic 520 Amiga OS3.2.1
AmiKit 12
MorphOS PowerBook G4 (which can play youtube vids)

https://blitterwolf.blogspot.com
Go to top
Quite a regular
Quite a regular

See User information
@klesterjr

The installer worked very nicely in the new package.

Thanks for your work. Having something a little new and different to look at is refreshing. I'll play around at some point with some of your other new work and make a few replacements when I have time to relax with my Amiga.

Is there a way available now to replace the mis-matched mess of icons (drawer styles) that are scattered all over my partitions currently? Some go back all the way to 3.5 days and have just been brought forward and unchanged.

Paul

Builder of Frankenthousand The monster A1000
The Young Frankenthousand A1-XE G4
X5000
Go to top
Home away from home
Home away from home

See User information
@kolla

Vector graphics are great for somethings, with the main advantage being scalability, but you'll never get the subtleties of drawing with them.

Go to top
Just can't stay away
Just can't stay away

See User information
@Paul

CopyIcon is a nice tool changing icons of big pile of files/dirs at once (if you want to use the same icon with all of them).

Rock lobster bit me - so I'm here forever
X1000 + AmigaOS 4.1 FE
"Anyone can build a fast CPU. The trick is to build a fast system." - Seymour Cray
Go to top
Just popping in
Just popping in

See User information
@Wanderer

Speaking of it, what happend to you image-scaling efforts?

CU,
Mario

Go to top
Just popping in
Just popping in

See User information
@padrino

I implemented a new GUI toolkit that uses image scaling on-the-fly. A simple library seemed not to be necessary as people didnt wanted/needed it.

Go to top

Register To Post
« 1 (2)