Login
Username:

Password:

Remember me

Lost Password?

Register now!

Sections

Who's Online
106 user(s) are online (69 user(s) are browsing Forums)

Members: 2
Guests: 104

jarokuczi, MigthyMax, more...

Headlines

Register To Post  

Dockies with new SDK
Just popping in
Just popping in

See User information
Not really had time to look into it but I installed the new SDK and did a recompile of my program WiFiSignal.
It compiled but when run the docky doesnt display.
Does anyone know if anythings changed with dockies or application library that could cause this in the new sdk?
When compiled with the previous sdk the program runs fine and docky displays.

A1XE G4 800mhz,512mb,Radeon9200,SonyDRU-510A and 800a, Esi Juli@,Sil680,WiFi.
Go to top
Re: Dockies with new SDK
Just popping in
Just popping in

See User information
@Curty

Not directly related to the new SDK, but if compositing is enabled Amidock now seems to use the alpha channel when blitting the docky to its window. So if like me you didn't care about the high order byte, maybe your docky is transparent .
(IMHO, this behaviour shouldn't be the default).

Go to top
Just popping in
Just popping in

See User information
@centaurz

Just tried trying to change the appicon so its set to use the programs icon and that worked, but when trying to use my own docky lib it doesnt register with amidock.
I must have something wrong in the lib but I cant understand what as its worked on the previous sdk and os versions. :(

Go to top
Just popping in
Just popping in

See User information
@Curty
Ive just tried compiling Fredrik Wikstrom's date time docky with the new sdk and that doesnt work either.
Something must have changed.

Go to top
Just can't stay away
Just can't stay away

See User information
@Curty

O_o i think i just saw curty! wicked!
psst, the hively plugin needs to get updated again.

Go to top
Just can't stay away
Just can't stay away

See User information
@Curty

Quote:
Not really had time to look into it but I installed the new SDK and did a recompile of my program WiFiSignal.
It compiled but when run the docky doesnt display.
Does anyone know if anythings changed with dockies or application library that could cause this in the new sdk?
When compiled with the previous sdk the program runs fine and docky displays.
AFAIK nothing docky related changed in the SDK, except for new features in the includes and docs, but the pseudo alpha rendering modes like DOCKYRENDERMODE_RPPA changed in the AmigaOS 4.1 AmiDock compared to the AmigaOS 4.0 one and dockies using it have to be changed to use real transparency instead, for DOCKYRENDERMODE_RPPA IIRC an additional alpha map is required now.

Does for example http://utilitybase.com/paste/3382 work (since it's using DOCKYRENDERMODE_RPPA as well the display will be wrong on AmigaOS 4.1, but except for that it should work) when you build it with the new SDK?
Save it as Test.docky.c and use "bumprev 52 Test.docky" and "gcc Test.docky.c -o Test.docky -O3 -nostartfiles" to build it.

Go to top
Just popping in
Just popping in

See User information
@joerg

Thanks ill take a look in a little while and see what I can come up with.
Hopefully what u said is the problem.

Go to top
Just popping in
Just popping in

See User information
@Curty

If the docky is rejected by Amidock it could be related to the version number (has to be V50+) or to the lib name (has to match the name of the docky file).

Go to top
Not too shy to talk
Not too shy to talk

See User information
@joerg

Quote:

joerg wrote:
Does for example http://utilitybase.com/paste/3382 work (since it's using DOCKYRENDERMODE_RPPA as well the display will be wrong on AmigaOS 4.1, but except for that it should work) when you build it with the new SDK?
Save it as Test.docky.c and use "bumprev 52 Test.docky" and "gcc Test.docky.c -o Test.docky -O3 -nostartfiles" to build it.

i tried it here and it does NOT work here

byebye...

Go to top
Just popping in
Just popping in

See User information
@joerg

I complied your example with version greater than 52 and the docky wont register. :(

Go to top
Just popping in
Just popping in

See User information
@Curty

Got it working,

case DOCKYGET_Version:
*msgData = DOCKYVERSION;
break;

was causing the problem.

In the old sdk

#define DOCKYVERSION ((uint32)((( 50 )<<16)|( 49 )))

and in the new sdk

#define DOCKYVERSION ((uint32)((( 50 )<<16)|( 50 ))
is how its defined.

I changed the code in my docky to

case DOCKYGET_Version:
*msgData = 52;
break;

and it now works so it looks like this is an sdk problem.

Go to top
Just popping in
Just popping in

See User information
@Curty

Quote:

Curty wrote:
@Curty

Got it working,

case DOCKYGET_Version:
*msgData = DOCKYVERSION;
break;

was causing the problem.

In the old sdk

#define DOCKYVERSION ((uint32)((( 50 )<<16)|( 49 )))

and in the new sdk

#define DOCKYVERSION ((uint32)((( 50 )<<16)|( 50 ))
is how its defined.

I changed the code in my docky to

case DOCKYGET_Version:
*msgData = 52;
break;

and it now works so it looks like this is an sdk problem.

Unfortunately the SDK contains a newer docky.h than the one the 4.1 release of AmiDock was compiled against, hence your AmiDock is rejecting all dockies compiled with the new SDK.

For now, please just use the docky.h header and docky documentation from the old SDK and don't mess around with the version data (i.e. do NOT return something bogus like 52). We are aware of that problem now and apologize for any inconvenience :-/

AmigaOS 4 core developer
www.os4welt.de - Die deutsche AmigaOS 4 Gemeinschaft

"In the beginning was CAOS.."
-- Andy Finkel, 1988 (ViewPort article, Oct. 1993)
Go to top
Just can't stay away
Just can't stay away

See User information
@Cyborg

Well that explains why versions of DateTime.docky compiled with the new SDK didn't work while the version compiled with the previous SDK didn't have any problems.

Go to top
Just popping in
Just popping in

See User information
@Cyborg

With the new Amidock (OS4.1), in the rendering mode that used to be pseudo-alpha but seems now to be real alpha, dockies are drawn differently depending on whether Intuition uses compositing or not (regarding the alpha channel). Is there a way to get around this ?

Example : when drawing a picture with an alpha channel to the docky rastport (e.g. an AISS bitmap), with compositing off the result is the one expected, whereas with compositing on the docky is partially transparent (one can see the dock background) near the outlines of the picture, where alpha is not 1.

Go to top
Just popping in
Just popping in

See User information
@centaurz

hum, isn't that exactly what it's supposed to be?

I mean, maybe i misunderstood you, but you said that a rendered image with alpha information is actually transparent where the alpha information doesn't say it's not

Of course if you render something with transparent pixels (as specified by their alpha value) it will be actually rendered transparent and you'll see whats behind it... if you don't want transparent images, don't use any alpha or set it everywhere to 0xFF ..

As said, i might have misunderstood.. in that case, please elaborate..

AmigaOS 4 core developer

Go to top
Just popping in
Just popping in

See User information
@Cyborg

No, I was commenting on the fact that the docky bitmap is interpreted differently if compositing is enabled, since the alpha channel is ignored when compositing is off (like in OS4.0 Amidock). And since GUI compositing is a user setting...

For example :

(pngImage is a bitmap.object instance)

Quote:

IIntuition->DrawImage(rp, pngImage, 0, 0);

doesn't produce the same effect with and without compositing if drawing on an opaque background. With compositing on, the background is made transparent when it obviously shoudn't be.

Or perhaps it is an issue with DrawImage() copying the source alpha channel to the dest rastport ?

Go to top
Just popping in
Just popping in

See User information
@centaurz

To be honest, i don't know... i'm no graphics/compositing expert. If you can provide me with a small stand-alone example code (i.e. not a docky, but a self-contained code which opens a window and draws something with the effect you are describing), I can report it to the appropriate OS component maintainers.

(yes, I know, such code isn't too hard to write, but I don't have even that time left :-/ )

AmigaOS 4 core developer

Go to top

Register To Post