Login
Username:

Password:

Remember me

Lost Password?

Register now!

Sections

Who's Online
102 user(s) are online (58 user(s) are browsing Forums)

Members: 0
Guests: 102

more...

Headlines

Register To Post  

(1) 2 »
Imagine for OS4.1
Quite a regular
Quite a regular

See User information
nevermind I decided to look at this site and mailed them

http://www.imaginefa.com/Acup_feat.shtml

and you should be able to delete your own posts as long as they haven't been replied too :p

Edited by Slayer on 2009/1/14 5:19:56
Edited by Slayer on 2009/1/14 10:33:38
~Yes I am a Kiwi, No, I did not appear as an extra in 'Lord of the Rings'~
1x AmigaOne X5000 2.0GHz 2gM RadeonR9280X AOS4.x
3x AmigaOne X1000 1.8GHz 2gM RadeonHD7970 AOS4.x
Go to top
Re: Imagine for OS4.1
Quite a regular
Quite a regular

See User information
@Slayer

Kepp us informed about any answer you'll get.

Back to a quiet home... At last
Go to top
Quite a regular
Quite a regular

See User information
@abalaban

Slayer:

My Question is this, if I purchase the $200 (any version to Imagine6) deal, will the 5.x version and finally the 6.0 version work on my 667 SAM running 4.1?

Martin:

It should do; I dont have a SAM myself (I have a uA1), The SAM runs OS4.1 as do the other AmigaOne boards, and Imagine installs and runs OK under OS4.0 & 4.1 so I dont see any reason why it wouldnt work on a SAM.

Slayer:

And will there be full PPC versions or just parts?

Martin:

Certain parts are (WarpUP based) PPC at the moment; more PPC support to come in future update releases.

Go to top
Not too shy to talk
Not too shy to talk

See User information
@Slayer

Imagine development continued on PC after the Amiga scene died off.. I wonder, is the latest Imagine available for Amiga at the moment? Or was that to come later? If the Amiga version is out of date, how out of date is it?

It would be great to see more apps born on Amiga return to Amiga. :)

I'm glad to hear that Imagine works okay on OS4.x. Often with these older apps, they can reaper from bugs that went unnoticed on OS3.x.

Go to top
Quite a regular
Quite a regular

See User information
@jahc

Quote:

jahc wrote:
@Slayer

Imagine development continued on PC after the Amiga scene died off.. I wonder, is the latest Imagine available for Amiga at the moment? Or was that to come later? If the Amiga version is out of date, how out of date is it?

It would be great to see more apps born on Amiga return to Amiga. :)

I'm glad to hear that Imagine works okay on OS4.x. Often with these older apps, they can reaper from bugs that went unnoticed on OS3.x.

Yes, I remained joined to the list even though it seemed more dos related. As you can see by the recent reply Imagine is more than alive for our machines. I'll be happy to pick up a copy within a month and get back into modelling.

How about yourself you ever do any? My modelling was the basis of a graphic business I co-started in 1989. Because of a fallout with the other director very early on we never went anywhere. As the years went by I saw more and more of my ideas surface, but that is a long sad story LOL

You know Vidmark? BAH, we should have been before and more famous Heh ironically Ian Taylors son is one of my sons best friends.

Go to top
Not too shy to talk
Not too shy to talk

See User information
@Slayer

Quote:
Yes, I remained joined to the list even though it seemed more dos related. As you can see by the recent reply Imagine is more than alive for our machines. I'll be happy to pick up a copy within a month and get back into modelling.

How about yourself you ever do any? My modelling was the basis of a graphic business I co-started in 1989. Because of a fallout with the other director very early on we never went anywhere. As the years went by I saw more and more of my ideas surface, but that is a long sad story LOL

I've never been into graphics. I've just dabbled in programming throughout my life. But I've only started some serious projects since about 2003. I have several nice pieces of software now. At the moment I'm working on a 2d platform game engine. It's about 2 weeks old, and I've been putting dribs and drabs of effort into it. It's coming along quite nicely. I ripped off all my graphics, and just googled for sound effects. :)

But I'm interested in Imagine and Aladdin4d still being developed, because I would like to see the Amiga live for a few more years, and to do that we need all the software we can get.

Quote:
You know Vidmark? BAH, we should have been before and more famous Heh ironically Ian Taylors son is one of my sons best friends.

Nope, dont know him. I was 9 in 1989 btw. :)

Go to top
Quite a regular
Quite a regular

See User information
@jahc

jahc wrote:
Quote:

I've never been into graphics. I've just dabbled in programming throughout my life. But I've only started some serious projects since about 2003. I have several nice pieces of software now. At the moment I'm working on a 2d platform game engine. It's about 2 weeks old, and I've been putting dribs and drabs of effort into it. It's coming along quite nicely. I ripped off all my graphics, and just googled for sound effects. :)

Strange, I was never into graphics either and still aren't really just find 3D modelling quite a good skill to have, for some reason I think it'll come in handy down the line.

Always been interested in programming just never got around to doing it seriously, got quite good at compiling mud codebases though, so at least I know the fundamentals associated with putting together source code and including headers etc.

You must be at a pretty exciting place at the moment and that's great, I'll be following along experiencing some of that some time in the future, I certainly hope!

Quote:

But I'm interested in Imagine and Aladdin4d still being developed, because I would like to see the Amiga live for a few more years, and to do that we need all the software we can get.

I agree, but perhaps I'm a little more optimistic, I don't think a few more years is something we have to worry about, I think the Amiga will hold its ground forever in a day

Quote:

Nope, dont know him. I was 9 in 1989 btw. :)

Vidmark is the name of the Graphics Company. Hmmm, I believe I was 22

edit: just removing the stray quote command that made the text look like one big quote

Edited by Slayer on 2009/1/16 3:15:45
Go to top
Not too shy to talk
Not too shy to talk

See User information
@Slayer

Quote:
You must be at a pretty exciting place at the moment and that's great, I'll be following along experiencing some of that some time in the future, I certainly hope!

Not really, eh. I feel like I failed at life. Though having said that, working on my software makes me happy. I love implementing a new feature, or having an all night until 5am coding session. It's a little worrying fixing the last bug when the birds start chirping, because then you need to stay up until the afternoon so your sleeping pattern isnt too disrupted. Well, thats how it works for me anyway!

Quote:
I agree, but perhaps I'm a little more optimistic, I don't think a few more years is something we have to worry about, I think the Amiga will hold its ground forever in a day

Holding our ground is fine, but lets hold our ground with some useful/decent software. :)

Go to top
Just popping in
Just popping in

See User information
Imagine still alive for Amiga? Nice to hear and we welcome the competition. A vibrant and alive 3rd party developer community is what is needed to bring Amiga OS back into the mainstream.

Go to top
Just popping in
Just popping in

See User information
@DiscreetFX

Let me tell you this: Imagine for Amiga is much more alive than for the PC (which had a story almost along the lines of the current AmigaInc vs Hyperion!).
Imagine for Windows is dead, Imagine for Amiga still has hopes and they are on Martin's hands. :)

Oh, by the way, Imagine works fine on my A1 OS4.0. Some minor problems (nothing dramatic), but very usable.

Go to top
Quite a regular
Quite a regular

See User information
@BrandonLee

Quote:

BrandonLee wrote:
Imagine works fine on my A1 OS4.0. Some minor problems (nothing dramatic), but very usable.

Can I ask if you are using 5.x and whether it is actually faster than 4.x for example or earlier non PPC enhanced versions.

Perhaps texture rendering is quicker but not the main rendering engine as a whole; I have no idea, perhaps you do?

I assume the PPC components in Imagine 5.x must work with the PPC of the A1 otherwise the program wouldn't work at all-even if this means the WarpOS wrapper?

Perhaps you don't use the PPC version at all.

Just curious, no harm done, looking forward to picking up my own copy sooner rather than later and help Martins cause out.

Go to top
Just popping in
Just popping in

See User information
@Slayer

Yes, imagine 5.19 works on my sam44ep.

However I still have to deal with martin to try and get the quick render feature working correctly, that, and the perspective window.

I can however do textures, etc, etc, and a little mini render does pop up.

However, Unfortunately, in my eyes and IMO, if I were you, I wuld wait until the quick render has been fixed.

If you dont care too much about the quick render feature, and just want to muck around in te program, then go for it.

Cheers.

@Brandon Lee, nice, you will have to pm me on how your quick render works, and what libs you are using. Perhaps I am missing something?

Cheers.

Go to top
Not too shy to talk
Not too shy to talk

See User information
@Gebrochen

I own an A1, OS4.1 and also use Imagine 5.19
and never noticed
quick render problems with it, which kind of
problems do you have? Or it's only on the SAM?

@Slayer
whith the 5.19 if the WarpOS emulation it's installed
the PPC it's recognized then used, but it's very difficult
to tell how it's better than the 68k version with jit,
but the stand alone render engine (sare) it's
way faster than the rendering inside Imagine

Go to top
Just popping in
Just popping in

See User information
How does everyone like Imagine's raytracing ability? Raytracing is a feature that is missing in the current version of Aladdin 4D. Our philosophy on future versions is to support external raytracing engines and render engines. For example Real 3D, Imagine or even a open source one. If Imagine has a good raytracer we could explore licensing it with the current developer. Not surprised to hear about the death of the Windows version of Imagine. Developing for Windows is overrated. Even Truespace is having lots of drama now.

http://aladdin4d.blogspot.com/2009/01/trouble-in-truespace.html

Go to top
Just popping in
Just popping in

See User information
@Slayer

I'm using the latest version available (5.19). When I run it, the Guru Meditation logo appears, so something is indeed using the wrapper now, though it worked equally well before such wrapper showed up.
Rendering is ok, but I know my A1 is capable of much more. Still an improvement over AOS3 speeds.
To be honest, it really depends on what you need and expect from it: it doesn't work 100% (read below) and its feature set is outdated, but at least it's being worked on which can't be said of a LOT of commercial programs these days... :(

@Gebrochen

The quick render has always worked fine here, IIRC, but you may be having a configuration problem. I vaguely remembering having trouble long ago, but can't say for sure what was it about. Try using "Trace" as your default quick-render mode.
The thing that definitely has problems is the solid (nothing shows up!)and shaded (weird colors!) perspective windows. Yet, this is "solved" by using wireframe mode.

@all

The really great thing is that even the maths textures (the ones with Imagine AND the marvellous Essence sets) work! Well, I had a couple of Grim Reapers related to this, but those are thankfully rare.

I've been neglecting 3D a bit, but it's always my tool of choice.
And Martin's support is great. Hopefully, more will buy this and help speed up the development (that has been a bit slow...).

Go to top
Just popping in
Just popping in

See User information
@DiscreetFX

With OS3,due to speed reasons, I always used "scanline" rendering, but since going A1, I've settled for "raytrace" mode instead.
I'm not the best person to talk about the actual quality, but am pleased with it.

Go to top
Just popping in
Just popping in

See User information
@BrandonLee

Firstly I will apologise to you and the amigans community. I have been very busy on trying to achieve a perfect system on Amigaworld.net.

that aside, yes, I am still having problems with rendering a final product.

I also would like t have my perspective there, to help me decide, via grapihcal means, if i like my current design i may be doing.

Cheers.

Oh, and, I will try to search or suss out this Viewtpe you mention.

Go to top
Quite a regular
Quite a regular

See User information
@BrandonLee, Gebrochen, pvanni

Hey Guys, thanks for the overviews.

I came across one of my backup disks that has two versions of Imagine, later ones I believe 5.x but I can't be certain... I have most versions on floppy but who knows where they reside in the cpu room

both gave me a GR when I double clicked

I don't have the WarpOS installed as of yet, I didn't really have any intention of installing any version of Imagine at the moment. I want the SDK and associated things on the harddrive first, darn 'The Last Remnant' took up the weekend, finished it last night ANYWAY sorry...

Just quickly, there any check list you guys encountered as you tried to make Imagine as comfortable as can be on your OS4.x systems?

I can use anything you list as potential trouble shooting when the time comes for me to walk that path...

thanks!

Go to top
Home away from home
Home away from home

See User information
@all

This is great news
I'd like to buy some 3d programs to support os 4.x when they work well on them.

But who is this martin guy?

And a bit OT... In the old days i used vista pro and another 3d landscape program which i dont remember the name of. Are they still alive? If i dont remember wrong vista pro is available for peecee? Anyone tested it?.. Miss those programs,they were great,

X5000
Go to top
Just popping in
Just popping in

See User information
@Antique

wcs (world construction set)?

Go to top

Register To Post
(1) 2 »