Login
Username:

Password:

Remember me

Lost Password?

Register now!

Sections

Who's Online
120 user(s) are online (80 user(s) are browsing Forums)

Members: 1
Guests: 119

kishigo, more...

Headlines

Register To Post  

« 1 (2)
Re: OWB 2.9 Released !
Quite a regular
Quite a regular

See User information
@lumby

The Classic version of AmigaOS 4.x always lagged behind the AmigaOne version. 4.1 for the classic hasn't been ruled out, as Xeron pointed out.

And it isn't like you would be running OWB comfortably on a classic, anyway.

Seriously, if you do want to contact me write me a mail. You're more likely to get a reply then.
Go to top
Supreme Council
Supreme Council

See User information
@lumby

A bit OT but anyway, remember that years and years ago Hyperion originally stated that the classics would only get 4.0. So it's a bit late to get upset about that should not 4.1 for classic come to pass.

Vacca foeda. Sum, ergo edo

Mr Bobo Cornwater
Go to top
Just can't stay away
Just can't stay away

See User information
@Rogue

Could you please consider of making use of hardware trick to use the mediator pci bus board ? i know that you wish to have a clear code, but you still can have it as there is the amiga one version.. I think that the classic os4 version should encounter some measure to fully use all the potential that the Mediator Bus Board can give to classic hardware.. And please consider that the Mediator is maybe the most selling hardware for the classic model in the amiga market in the last 5 years..

Thanks Davide

Go to top
Not too shy to talk
Not too shy to talk

See User information
@nubechecorre

I believe that's something elbox should do, writing os4-specific drivers. I don't think Hyperion has anything to do with that.

Go to top
Home away from home
Home away from home

See User information
@Vulture

Yes and no, there exists two sets of drivers I believe the ELBOX drivers and Hyperion drivers.

(NutsAboutAmiga)

Basilisk II for AmigaOS4
AmigaInputAnywhere
Excalibur
and other tools and apps.
Go to top
Not too shy to talk
Not too shy to talk

See User information
@LiveForIt

I think Hyperion basically just supported Voodoo on Mediator than Mediator itself as this is a common gfx solution among classic PPC users. 8129 network too. Both of these do not require the buffer trick, so , basically - I think - Hyperion just supported the most basic things a Mediator can have without buffer tricks. Writing proper drivers for mediator itself for OS4 I believe is something Elbox should do, it's their device. Of course the 68k drivers can be run emulated under OS4, but it's not really a great option - ie many slow downs and crashes.

Go to top
Just can't stay away
Just can't stay away

See User information
@Vulture

Quote:
would you at least consider making a last cairo-less version of OWB with working downloads and , maybe , bookmarks?
No, besides the double work for maintaining 2 different versions just building one OWB executable takes several hours.

OWB 2.9 doesn't use any new AmigaOS 4.1 features, all I need for an AmigaOS 4.0 version is an up to date Cairo port for it, the one on os4depot.net is too old. I don't have the time dto do it myself, but AFAIK Cairo can be build without any changes in the sources and if someone else builds a current verision of Cairo I'll build AmigaOS 4.0 executables of OWB 2.9 and newer versions with it.

Go to top
Not too shy to talk
Not too shy to talk

See User information
Hi Joerg,

Great work with OWB 2.9!

It's running very quickly... Google Maps are easily loading
faster on my A1 than in Camino or Firefox on my 1.4 GHz
PPC Powerbook.

Very, very nice job!

PJS

Go to top
Just popping in
Just popping in

See User information
@joerg

Loaded 2.9 OK, thanks.

When you get round to putting in an arexx port so I can pass on urls from other programs, please include SCREENTOFRONT

Noel

Go to top
Just popping in
Just popping in

See User information
how much you like to port OWB to AROS ?

please send me mail and we might find solution

nikosidis@yahoo.com

Go to top

Register To Post
« 1 (2)