Login
Username:

Password:

Remember me

Lost Password?

Register now!

Sections

Who's Online
149 user(s) are online (101 user(s) are browsing Forums)

Members: 0
Guests: 149

more...

Headlines

Register To Post  

« 1 2 (3)
Re: Games working (or not) on OS4 Final
Home away from home
Home away from home

See User information
@MamePPCA1

well, memory usage depends on window boarder texture, window texture, background image, png icons, stuff like that, use color grades and drop down to lower screen resolution, use less colors for example 16bit, also you can comment out drivers you do not use in kickstart layout.
default stack size, workbench prefs, disk chase, and stuff like that.

it's easier to run quake3 on 256mb on windows or Linux, because memory that is not used often is swapped out to disk, to free up RAM.

(NutsAboutAmiga)

Basilisk II for AmigaOS4
AmigaInputAnywhere
Excalibur
and other tools and apps.
Go to top
Just can't stay away
Just can't stay away

See User information
Dynamite does work on os4. You just need the identify.library for os4 (probably on os4depot).
And if you get a grim after that you can just continue and the game would work.

Go to top
Just can't stay away
Just can't stay away

See User information
Old topic, I know but I have troubles with Earth 2140 not laoding. I'm using the latest update from RuneSoft's website.

It always complains with this error message: "Sound initialisation error. (Channels in use?) "

Of course, nothing is using any channel (I've even deactivated the SoundPlayer command in the StartupSequence) and I'm trying to load the game just after booting to be sure nothing would use AHI.

It there anything I'm doing wrong?

--
AmigaONE X1000 and Radeon RX 560
Go to top
Quite a regular
Quite a regular

See User information
@K-L

Actually the game uses audio.device, and unlike many other games, not only for allocating channels; otherwise it wouldn't work with audio.device 52.1 (THAT, in turn, uses ahi.device) as far as I know.

I just tried the game with a command line: earth2140.wos.exe x800 P96Writepixelarray

It worked well, now I have to dig out the CD since I don't think I tried this with powerpc.library wrapper 16.39, before. I think the more complex missions will run very fast...

Go to top
Just can't stay away
Just can't stay away

See User information
@Thematic

Ok, so I still have the same trouble with the integrated VIaAC97 on the AmigaOne XE (fixed of course).

Every software I test that is using audio.device cannot allocate any channel (Koules from Alexandre Balaban did not work either, he made a special AHI version for me).

And when I type "version audio.device", I get "audio.device 52.1" so I guess everything is ok and that there must be a problem with either the integrated ViaAC97 sound chip or its driver.

--
AmigaONE X1000 and Radeon RX 560
Go to top
Quite a regular
Quite a regular

See User information
@K-L

Oh. I have tried via audio as well, but I had bought a Terratec card before the driver was available, so I prefer the card. But I will see, whether Earth 2140 plays sounds via either, here.

Go to top
Not too shy to talk
Not too shy to talk

See User information
@BrandonLee
Scumm VM seems to work ok, and with it all the LucasArts games as well as some Sierra, Revolution and others within the ScummVM umbrella.

A1XEG4 PPC 7457 1.3GHz
A-Eon X5000
CDTV!!
Go to top

Register To Post
« 1 2 (3)