Login
Username:

Password:

Remember me

Lost Password?

Register now!

Sections

Who's Online
140 user(s) are online (102 user(s) are browsing Forums)

Members: 0
Guests: 140

more...

Headlines

Register To Post  

« 1 (2)
Re: Will the release of AOS4 spur development?
Home away from home
Home away from home

See User information
While i can't help with this(because of lack of brainpower ). It's good to see people helping out here.

X5000
Go to top
Just popping in
Just popping in

See User information
Rogue will the new SDK have a more complete MiniGL, support OpenGL or some type of 3D acceleration? We need for Aladdin 4D development.

Go to top
Home away from home
Home away from home

See User information
@DiscreetFX

What functionality is missing that Aladdin4D needs? If you or your developers have specific functions/features, we can look at adding them. If you're really in a hurry, MiniGL is open-source; Rogue could give write access to the code repository to some of your developers.

Please remember that MiniGL is going to be replaced with a complete MESA port which will provide a full OpenGL implementation. There's no point in spending months improving it, as it's going to be replaced.

So, just let us know which missing functions you need.

Hans

Go to top
Just popping in
Just popping in

See User information
@Hans

When will that take place?

Go to top
Home away from home
Home away from home

See User information
@DiscreetFX

The MESA port? Rogue will have to answer that, as I'm only involved in MiniGL. AFAIK, he isn't giving a projected release date at this point. Having said that, don't expect it to be released for at least half a year, if not longer.

Like I said, if it's a small addition to MiniGL that's needed, we should be able to add it in a reasonable timeframe, so it can be used until MESA is ported. Just let us know what you need.

Hans

Go to top
Not too shy to talk
Not too shy to talk

See User information
@Hans

Quote:
The MESA port? Rogue will have to answer that, as I'm only involved in MiniGL. AFAIK, he isn't giving a projected release date at this point. Having said that, don't expect it to be released for at least half a year, if not longer.

Yes, and also the other part that needs updating is the graphics subsystem, so that 3D performance isnt choked anymore. You know that already of course, but DiscreetFX might not. Maybe you could elaborate a bit more though, as my forte is more with inserting strings into nlist objects, if you know what I mean.

Go to top
Quite a regular
Quite a regular

See User information
@Hans

Quote:

Usually, when I give any estimates, two things happen:

- I miss the deadline
- People start whining about "broken promises".

So I made it a rule not to give any dates anymore, unless I know we can keep them (like with the classic release).

Having said that, I am working on OpenGL support, but it will take quite a while until that comes anywhere near a releasable state.

Seriously, if you do want to contact me write me a mail. You're more likely to get a reply then.
Go to top
Quite a regular
Quite a regular

See User information
@DiscreetFX

Considering there isn't any new SDK yet, I can't really tell. But certainly no MESA support. What kind of OpenGL functionality beyond what MiniGL offers do you need?

Seriously, if you do want to contact me write me a mail. You're more likely to get a reply then.
Go to top
Just can't stay away
Just can't stay away

See User information
@abalaban

WxWidgets:

Quote:
Maybe I can help with WxWidgets project too. If somebody tells me what to download and start looking.

Sorry, I forgot to answer here. I'm not familiar with C++ and I've never used WxWidgets anywhere so I don't know much how they work and so on. So I'm not sure if I can help.

I have a couple of thoughts anyway. Wasn't there WxWidgets ported already to Cygnix ? And did I understand correctly you guys was going to start porting from some Winblows version ? Why don't you use Cygnix port if it's already running on OS4 ?

Rock lobster bit me - so I'm here forever
X1000 + AmigaOS 4.1 FE
"Anyone can build a fast CPU. The trick is to build a fast system." - Seymour Cray
Go to top
Home away from home
Home away from home

See User information
@TSK

Quote:

TSK wrote:

I have a couple of thoughts anyway. Wasn't there WxWidgets ported already to Cygnix ? And did I understand correctly you guys was going to start porting from some Winblows version ? Why don't you use Cygnix port if it's already running on OS4 ?

The Cygnix port uses GTK. It doesn't matter if we use the windows, Mac, GTK, or PalmOS port as a starting point, we need to write an OS specific layer. I actually think that the PalmOS version might be the easiest to start with, as it's not as advanced as the others and can be stripped down to a framework.

Hans

Go to top
Not too shy to talk
Not too shy to talk

See User information
@BillE

I understand your need and I suppose you will enjoy improvements in the next SDK. You're right to ask for this concrete feature.

Else, I agree with Rogue and Hans, I recently read on another forum the same questions about a new SDK. But once you ask for concrete needs, nobody answers. I think they don't know themselves what they would like to find in a SDK.

Hey guys, let's start. Don't be afraid ! You have a existing SDK, many libraries available, compilers and tools, support (utilitybase.com, MUI mailing list, ...).

To come back to the first post, I hope OS4 on Classic will bring new developers even if other hardware support will have a more significant effect ...

Go to top
Quite a regular
Quite a regular

See User information
@corto

Quote:

corto wrote:
@BillE

I understand your need and I suppose you will enjoy improvements in the next SDK. You're right to ask for this concrete feature..

I got fed up with waiting, I have written the functions I need myself to parse the TZONE env variable. Its re-inventing the wheel I know but I can't wait forever for an updated SDK to be released

Bill.

Go to top
Quite a regular
Quite a regular

See User information
@Hans

This reminds me that I have some work to do here... But I must admit I'm a bit overbooked this time...

Back to a quiet home... At last
Go to top
Home away from home
Home away from home

See User information
@abalaban

Quote:

abalaban wrote:
@Hans

This reminds me that I have some work to do here... But I must admit I'm a bit overbooked this time...

Aren't we all.

Hans

Go to top

Register To Post
« 1 (2)