Login
Username:

Password:

Remember me



Lost Password?

Register now!

Sections

Who's Online
209 user(s) are online (182 user(s) are browsing Forums)

Members: 0
Guests: 209

more...

Support us!

Headlines

 
  Register To Post  

« 1 ... 4 5 6 (7)
Re: New multi-core kernel for AmigaOS 4 shown at Pianeta Amiga!
Just popping in
Just popping in


See User information
@kas1e

I always express carefully where I have no insight. I already understood that you use AI but I have no insight in amigaos development, only AROS. The same for MorphOS. If and how it is used I cannot judge.

I avoid making claims without knowledge.

Regarding my own activity, I started digging the surface. I am not lowlevel OS developer but primarly interested in the user. So my main interest is doing software like GUIs to make use easier, create small tools like converters I can integrate and of course viewer/player where I still miss something in my distribution. And I plan to use it to develop also small applications with it like Raytracer or Fractal software. We will see what is possible. That is my personal interest. I never claimed that this is already all you can do. Without wanting to sound like a teacher ;)

Go to top
Re: New multi-core kernel for AmigaOS 4 shown at Pianeta Amiga!
Just popping in
Just popping in


See User information
For experienced and capable developers AI is clearly a very useful tool. One issue for the future is it removes the need to have detailed low level knowledge, so newcomers/vibe coders don't develop the ability to spot and fix some of the errors it leaves behind and this is of particular concern when looking at security and robustness.

Other issues include the enormously detrimental impact upon the environment, but as in many areas of human activity, this seems to be of little concern to most.

And what about long term financial cost? At the moment all the AI companies are keen to allow users free or cheap access and certainly not covering their own costs. At some point, once everyone is hooked and reliant, they will want to make proper profits. This is how drug dealers and software companies have always worked.

Happiness is mandatory
Go to top
Re: New multi-core kernel for AmigaOS 4 shown at Pianeta Amiga!
Just popping in
Just popping in


See User information
@yoodoo2

AI creates certainly better code than what many beginner or average developers do, expecially under time pressure.

You can always search and find something negative, it would be naive to think that such a revolution only creates winners. But I see it from our current situation and there it is currently a big win. What will be in 5-10 years or longer i cannot predict.

Go to top
Re: New multi-core kernel for AmigaOS 4 shown at Pianeta Amiga!
Not too shy to talk
Not too shy to talk


See User information
@afxgroup

Thanks for the video, much appreciated.

Go to top
Re: New multi-core kernel for AmigaOS 4 shown at Pianeta Amiga!
Just popping in
Just popping in


See User information
@kas1e

I'm looking for video editing software (OpenShot, ShotCut, etc...) for AmigaOS 4.
Thanks—see you in three days!

Go to top
Re: New multi-core kernel for AmigaOS 4 shown at Pianeta Amiga!
Amigans Defender
Amigans Defender


See User information
Kernel on Tabor with Multicore

Resized Image

i'm really tired...
Go to top
Re: New multi-core kernel for AmigaOS 4 shown at Pianeta Amiga!
Not too shy to talk
Not too shy to talk


See User information
@afxgroup
Quote:
afxgroup wrote:Kernel on Tabor with Multicore

Resized Image


@afxgroup
thanks to your work many of the modern Amigas are a better value now.
It would be great if Hyperion and A-Eon could get the things together, officially support your kernel… meanwhile your work is absolutely amazing

ikir
Go to top
Re: New multi-core kernel for AmigaOS 4 shown at Pianeta Amiga!
Just popping in
Just popping in


See User information
@afxgroup is there plan at some point to break compatibility to implement memory protection and ressource tracking?. Old ppc app could then be sandboxed like 68k ones.
While New software or ported one will take Advantage of the new features.

Go to top
Re: New multi-core kernel for AmigaOS 4 shown at Pianeta Amiga!
Quite a regular
Quite a regular


See User information
Those grift tools, like a free dose of illegal substances, are in no way sustainable. But you already know that.

Go to top
Re: New multi-core kernel for AmigaOS 4 shown at Pianeta Amiga!
Amigans Defender
Amigans Defender


See User information
@Kamelito

Honestly memory protection is a really big problem since the entire OS has never been designed with memory protection in mind. And also create a sandbox is not so easy. We'll see. At moment it has a lower priority

i'm really tired...
Go to top

  Register To Post
« 1 ... 4 5 6 (7)

 




Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 ( 0 members and 1 Anonymous Users )




Powered by XOOPS 2.0 © 2001-2024 The XOOPS Project