Login
Username:

Password:

Remember me



Lost Password?

Register now!

Sections

Who's Online
111 user(s) are online (88 user(s) are browsing Forums)

Members: 1
Guests: 110

VooDoo, more...

Support us!

Headlines

 
  Register To Post  

« 1 2 3 4 (5)
Re: New multi-core kernel for AmigaOS 4 shown at Pianeta Amiga!
Amigans Defender
Amigans Defender


See User information
I started working on the kernel simply because I was fed up with the instability and the fact that no one was working on it anymore. It began as a hobby and gradually grew into a larger project.
No one is forcing anyone to install or replace it. Coincidentally, as soon as the news got out, the people working on the kernel started releasing half-baked patches.
Hyperion has nothing to do with this, and I can't talk to them since they don't own the kernel and can't change it. Given the current situation between Trevor and Hyperion, a kernel capable of running on new machines might be the only solution. Furthermore—and this is something many of you fail to grasp (though it's common knowledge in the Amiga community)—*anyone* can contribute to the kernel; anyone can report bugs and propose solutions or new implementations. Naturally, I don't expect any of that to happen—especially not from the "big" OS4 developers (as we saw with clib4)—but honestly, I don't care.
I’ve spent nearly 25 years of my life (and a lot of money) on OS4, only to see where it ended up. That’s why I reached a point where I had to either quit completely or do something to try and change the situation (at least for myself). I repeat: no one is forcing you to do anything. Ultimately, this is *my* project. Not Hyperion's, not Trevor's.

i'm really tired...
Go to top
Re: New multi-core kernel for AmigaOS 4 shown at Pianeta Amiga!
Quite a regular
Quite a regular


See User information
@afxgroup
Thank you for your tireless work. I know there are many who appreciate it!

AmigaOne X1000, A1222Plus, uA1
Go to top
Re: New multi-core kernel for AmigaOS 4 shown at Pianeta Amiga!
Just popping in
Just popping in


See User information
@afxgroup

Grande Andrea ! Forza !

Sam 460EX, 2Gb Ram, Sapphire RX580 8GB NITRO+ SE, AmigaOS4.1 FE
A4000 PPC604@233, Mediator
A1200 PPC603@160, Mediator
uA1 G3@800, 512 Mb [sold]
Go to top
Re: New multi-core kernel for AmigaOS 4 shown at Pianeta Amiga!
Quite a regular
Quite a regular


See User information
@afxgroup

Great and thank you on all of your work! 👊🏻

Amiga x5000 ı o2o ı 4GB RAM ı RadeonRX580 | SBlaster Audigy Fx - AmigaOS4.1 FInal Edition

A1200 sandwich

Warp - Croatian Amiga portal
Go to top
Re: New multi-core kernel for AmigaOS 4 shown at Pianeta Amiga!
Just popping in
Just popping in


See User information
@afxgroup
Keep it up, Andrea—you're awesome!
THANK YOU!!!

Go to top
Re: New multi-core kernel for AmigaOS 4 shown at Pianeta Amiga!
Just popping in
Just popping in


See User information
@afxgroup

great work! That is the attitude

not waiting for wonders to happen what will never be the case

@thread

AI has skyrocket development of AROS what at least AmigaOS now benefits of too. There are now several projects using AROS codes for AmigaOS 3.X and 4.X ports. I appreciate that, it is hopefully a start of more crossplatform cooperation where all camps would benefit of. I hope Hyperion and Trevor D. will not try to hinder progress or progress will leave them behind.

Go to top

  Register To Post
« 1 2 3 4 (5)

 




Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 4 ( 0 members and 4 Anonymous Users )




Powered by XOOPS 2.0 © 2001-2024 The XOOPS Project