Login
Username:

Password:

Remember me

Lost Password?

Register now!

Sections

Who's Online
106 user(s) are online (69 user(s) are browsing Forums)

Members: 2
Guests: 104

Rigo, VooDoo, more...

Headlines

Register To Post  

2 different ram modules in a1?
Home away from home
Home away from home

See User information
Will that work,or will it lead to strange behaviour,or worse crash everyting? Thinking about 2 different ram modules,one 512mb and a 256bm?

Go to top
Re: 2 different ram modules in a1?
Quite a regular
Quite a regular

See User information
@Antique

Generally speaking, I think it's an open invitation for an otherwise stabler A1 to suddenly act like it's brain-damaged.

That being said, when I had my board off to revanche for the USB & DMA fixes, I asked Kurt to test one of his custom ram modules along with the 512MB module that came with my board from CompuQuick. He ran memtest with both modules installed and came across no errors. Unfortunately I haven't had the spare money to buy one of the modules yet.

Paul

Builder of Frankenthousand The monster A1000
The Young Frankenthousand A1-XE G4
X5000
Go to top
Not too shy to talk
Not too shy to talk

See User information
@Paul

I originally had 256MB in my A1 and wanted to upgrade a couple of years ago. I was using Micron and had a look at their site and found a 512MB module was about ?90, so I decided to have a look on Ebay instead.

I managed to get a pair of 512MB buffered Micron module for ?46 including the postage and packaging from the US.

Go to top
Just popping in
Just popping in

See User information
@Antique

With my original setup for the A1 I had one 256Mb module and a difrferent manufacturers 128Mb module. Worked fine, but when I tried to swap the 128 Mb for a 512Mb, things went a bit screwy.

Go to top
Amigans Defender
Amigans Defender

See User information
@Anique

Should be possible without problems even if the A1 needs good memory modules.. and however you must cross your fingers..

Go to top
Home away from home
Home away from home

See User information
Tried the two modules,seemed ok at first but when i ran something that needed a bit of ram i got random dsi errors,so the other sim is out.

Go to top

Register To Post