Login
Username:

Password:

Remember me

Lost Password?

Register now!

Sections

Who's Online
63 user(s) are online (24 user(s) are browsing Forums)

Members: 1
Guests: 62

Maijestro, more...

Headlines

Register To Post  

« 1 (2) 3 »
Re: AmigaOS 4.1 Final Edition Update 2 fatal failure
Quite a regular
Quite a regular

See User information
@joerg

OK I take note,but I think I've hearded it before.

Amiga 500 1MB Chip RAM with ACA 500+ACA1232,CD32,Amiga 1300 030/50 Mhz,32MB (now on my hands at least)and Amiga One G3 XE PPC 800 Mhz,ATI Radeon 9250 128 MB,256 MB RAM,Seagate 200 GB HD,2 working DVD drives,X-Arcade double for MAME,Sil0680,4 USB ports,LG
Go to top
Quite a regular
Quite a regular

See User information
@Hypex

.Quote:
Hypex wrote:@MamePPCA1

Personally, I've tried these backup programs before, but end up giving up. Not sure what it was but they can get stuck if a file system has errors. I tend to go back to Workbench even though that has flaws.

Both are old designs and a strange mix. One is 68K so using old DOS functions but simple enough. The other is updated for OS4 but still using an old interface and is slightly confusing to use.

I'd use the older BackUp given the choice. Just needs source and destination. But, you could also just use a tool like DirOpus. That may be the easier option.

All you say is good but,how can I use an app like Directory Opus 4 if the partitions doesn't appear?

I really need a solution to this mess as soon as possible.

Amiga 500 1MB Chip RAM with ACA 500+ACA1232,CD32,Amiga 1300 030/50 Mhz,32MB (now on my hands at least)and Amiga One G3 XE PPC 800 Mhz,ATI Radeon 9250 128 MB,256 MB RAM,Seagate 200 GB HD,2 working DVD drives,X-Arcade double for MAME,Sil0680,4 USB ports,LG
Go to top
Not too shy to talk
Not too shy to talk

See User information
@MamePPCA1

It's hard to answer without knowing what's stopping the partition showing up. But if they don't show up in DirOpus they won't appear in the other backup programs as well. However, with DirOpus you also need to add your partitions to the list on the left unless you right click on the "S" button near the centre, to see your partitions.

So when you booted the pen drive did they show up? Does your Workbench show up? If you can see that then you can at least back it up.

Also, be careful of SFSSalv. It's rather old now and SFS has been updated since. Since you have an X5000 you should also have Enhancer included. This has an updated SFS as well as PartitionWizard. This can check your partitions for errors and also do a backup. The Salvage option can back up to another drive.

You have SFS\2 volume as well. I've had one in the past but it broke. I had to salvage the data. As mentioned SFS\2 lacks recovery tools. I've avoided it since. I may have been able to backup by copying off Workbench before the filessystem totally destroyed itself.

It's recommend to use NGFS now as it's a modern filesystem with 64 bit support and can replace both SFS\2 and JXFS with a supported filesystem that has recovery tools. But, the catch is, it's only released for X5000. It's constantly updated to fix bugs. However, there's no easy way to update it, as you are expected to track down the developers email address and ask for it.

Go to top
Quite a regular
Quite a regular

See User information
@HypexQuote:

It's hard to answer without knowing what's stopping the partition showing up. But if they don't show up in DirOpus they won't appear in the other backup programs as well. However, with DirOpus you also need to add your partitions to the list on the left unless you right click on the "S" button near the centre, to see your partitions.

So when you booted the pen drive did they show up? Does your Workbench show up? If you can see that then you can at least back it up.

Also, be careful of SFSSalv. It's rather old now and SFS has been updated since. Since you have an X5000 you should also have Enhancer included. This has an updated SFS as well as PartitionWizard. This can check your partitions for errors and also do a backup. The Salvage option can back up to another drive.

You have SFS\2 volume as well. I've had one in the past but it broke. I had to salvage the data. As mentioned SFS\2 lacks recovery tools. I've avoided it since. I may have been able to backup by copying off Workbench before the filessystem totally destroyed itself.

It's recommend to use NGFS now as it's a modern filesystem with 64 bit support and can replace both SFS\2 and JXFS with a supported filesystem that has recovery tools. But, the catch is, it's only released for X5000. It's constantly updated to fix bugs. However, there's no easy way to update it, as you are expected to track down the developers email address and ask for it.

Yeah DirOpus is a great utilitie and I am sure it could do the work.But I have not tested if the partitions appear or no.The option of clicking the "S" with the right mouse button is cool,I never imagined an option like this,because I am a 26 more or less year old DirOpus user and never used that,instead I never imagined it existed.

No when I boot the pendrive it don't show up any partition.

Yes I have Enhancer 1.1.May I use it?

How did you recover or backup your SFS/2 partition? I think it could be tricky or dangerous no?

What filesystem is NGFS? I tthink I never saw before or a bit only

About my SFS/2 partitions how can I make it visible or recover?

Go to top
Not too shy to talk
Not too shy to talk

See User information
@MamePPCA1

Yes do use Enhancer. But your pendrive should already have it installed. Otherwise your video card is unlikely to work.

Given there was no recovery tools for SFS2 I would have copied as many files as I could to another backup volume using Workbench. Yes it is risky. But at that point no more writing can be made to the broken volume and only getting the files off.

NGFS is Next Generation File System and is exclusive to X5000. It takes over where FFS left off. But includes features found in SFS/2 such journaling and 64 bit.

I think the best bet is PartitionWizard which you'll find in Utilities. It should be on the pendrive Workbench. All your volumes will be listed on the left. You can then use the Salvage option. Check for Settings on the bottom for changing to a full file scan.

In case they don't show up you will need to use the Find Partition option. But it's not as easy and you will need to enter a device driver and unit in. For X5000 that should be p5020sata.device and unit should be 0 to 1. But it depends how the hardware is setup.

Edited by Hypex on 2024/5/6 4:22:16
Go to top
Just popping in
Just popping in

See User information
Okay..
Just make your life easy!

Remove your hard drive (therefore saving all your files)

Install a new hard drive and install the OS (take your time and follow the steps)

The X5000 is not a G3 or G4 (DO NOT use the older setup)

Once you have a stable working OS 4, then you can copy the important files you want!

Go to top
Quite a regular
Quite a regular

See User information
@sacc-dude

OK yes but I don't have a spare HDD.Except my Elements USB 2 TB,can I use it to install AmigaOS 4.1?

Go to top
Just popping in
Just popping in

See User information
Make life easy!

You have waited this long. Just buy a sata drive.

Shops like newegg have small (just fine for a OS-4) sata drive as cheap as $30

If you spent as much as I did on a X5000 and you really want a stable OS-$ system.

Take your time and build it to make life easy.

Michael (from AmiWest)

or bring your stuff to a SACC meeting or AmiWest and I will help you build it!

BTW, what video card do you have?

Go to top
Quite a regular
Quite a regular

See User information
@sacc-dude

OK but I have little money and it is for some other things.

My graphics card is an ATI Radeon that I don't remember the name and it has 256 MB

I don't know if I will bring my stuff to SACC meeting or AmiWest

Go to top
Just popping in
Just popping in

See User information
Fair enough..

Knowing the graphics card is important.
Hummm, sound old? what is the number?

If it is a RadeonHD type will work better with CD install as it has driver for HD

If the card is RadeonRX, we have to make some changes.

So you are in the EU,

come to AmiWest for vacation! I'll still help you with getting your X5000 working well

Michael

EXTRA read Epsilon World setting up X5000
https://www.epsilonsworld.com/search?q=x5000

Go to top
Quite a regular
Quite a regular

See User information
@sacc-dude

My graphic card is an ATI Radeon RHD5450 as shown on a Morphos utilitie.

I would go to AmiWest with closed eyes,that could be a dream for me,but in reality I have little money

And another issue is that Fienix doesn't accept well my passwords and if I enter it is unusable

Go to top
Just popping in
Just popping in

See User information
Hey Mame,

Well that card is older, but it works on OS-4, Morph and Linux.
And it is compatible with the CD install.
this makes things (more) simple.

Try something and remove the hard drive to protect the info
Then just boot from the cd.
You can learn how to OS-4 from the cd boot (smile)

My response to your Fienix question is the same..get a hard drive and Make your life easier (But Since you can run it from the usb stick..even if it's really slow compared to a hard drive.

Just follow the excellent instructions (see Fienix page) that you got when you bought or downloaded the image. I bought the usb version.

BTW, did you look at Epsilon site (lots explained)

Save some cash (no lattes) and get that newer hard drive

Go to top
Not too shy to talk
Not too shy to talk

See User information
@MamePPCA1

Quote:
OK but I have little money and it is for some other things.

I imagine that's the case for everyone else who bought an X5000 as well.

Go to top
Quite a regular
Quite a regular

See User information
@HypexQuote:

[quote]OK but I have little money and it is for some other things.

I imagine that's the case for everyone else who bought an X5000 as well. [/quote

Yes that's true.But in my case is for the suspension of some on my incomes.

Go to top
Quite a regular
Quite a regular

See User information
@Hypex&all

OK no money left now.

But back to the topic...

Any idea or possibility to restore my AmigaOS 4.1 and the other 2 partitions?

I am anxious to use it again

Go to top
Just popping in
Just popping in

See User information
Okay then.. I'm sensing a lot of resistance.

You need to tell us a lot more in detail to help you,
I notice you have lots of distractions (Finex, Dir Opus, Enhancer different file systems (SFS)

I guess you are using a A1-G3, as a base...

The clues bring us to asking for what is setup in your KickLayout file? It should include FastFilesystem, CDfilesystem, NGFile System, and SmartFile System on a X5000

There's so much more!!!
Who's your dealer? Maybe they could help?
What did you do to make your system unstable?
Maybe you could make a video, so that we could see what's going on?

You never responded to the Epsilion question?

without your help/info.. I can't do anything but point blindly

Sorry

Edited by sacc-dude on 2024/5/12 23:45:00
Edited by sacc-dude on 2024/5/12 23:48:32
Go to top
Quite a regular
Quite a regular

See User information
@sacc-dudeQuote:
sacc-dude wrote:Okay then.. I'm sensing a lot of resistance.

You need to tell us a lot more in detail to help you,
I notice you have lots of distractions (Finex, Dir Opus, Enhancer different file systems (SFS)

I guess you are using a A1-G3, as a base...

The clues bring us to asking for what is setup in your KickLayout file? It should include FastFilesystem, CDfilesystem, NGFile System, and SmartFile System on a X5000

There's so much more!!!
Who's your dealer? Maybe they could help?
What did you do to make your system unstable?
Maybe you could make a video, so that we could see what's going on?

You never responded to the Epsilion question?

without your help/info.. I can't do anything but point blindly

Sorry

Yes I probably have a lot of distractions like Fienix,Dir Opus,Enhancer or SFS

No I am not using an AmigaOne G3 that I have one broken and out of my hands now.

Yeah I think my Kicklayout includes FastFilesytem,CDfilesystem,NGFilesystem and SmartFileSystem.

My dealer is Amedia France.But they usually don't answer.Well maybe they could do it.My system made unstable the operation of copy of overwrite of AmigaOS 4.1 pendrive files inside my HD with Dir Opus.And I musn't make a video because I think I musn't upload on my AmigaOne X5000.And to make it clear my system doesn't boot just reset after AmigaOS 4.1 splash screen.

Who's Epsilon? I think I have not see him on this forum

I don't have so much more ideas.Only just to disconnect the AOS4.1 HD and boot from CD? Is this possible?

Go to top
Not too shy to talk
Not too shy to talk

See User information
@MamePPCA1

So can you still boot pendrive to Workbench? That is full booting it from pendrive and nothing else?

But your HDD partitions don't show up anymore? So no sign on the recovery Workbench?

One thing to try. Boot the pendrive up to loading Kickstart. Then when it's about to boot Workbench hold both buttons down and enter early startup menu. Do you see any other partitions there?

Epsilon runs a blog and sacc-dude gave you a link to it. He is also active on Amiga forums. In the blog entry he caused some trouble by copying some incompatible files to his HDD and needed the recovery pendrive to fix it.

Do you have an OS4 CD? Yes if you have one you can boot that. You could also remove HDD but it shouldn't be necessary to do so of it can boot off CD.

Go to top
Quite a regular
Quite a regular

See User information
@Hypex[quote]Hypex wrote:@MamePPCA1

So can you still boot pendrive to Workbench? That is full booting it from pendrive and nothing else?

But your HDD partitions don't show up anymore? So no sign on the recovery Workbench?

One thing to try. Boot the pendrive up to loading Kickstart. Then when it's about to boot Workbench hold both buttons down and enter early startup menu. Do you see any other partitions there?

Epsilon runs a blog and sacc-dude gave you a link to it. He is also active on Amiga forums. In the blog entry he caused some trouble by copying some incompatible files to his HDD and needed the recovery pendrive to fix it.

Do you have an OS4 CD? Yes if you have one you can boot that. You could also remove HDD but it shouldn't be necessary to do so of it can boot off CD.[/quoteY

Yes I could boot with pendrive.Yes full booting from pendrive and nothing else.

No my HDD partitions doesn't show anymore.No sign of Workbench recovered or not.

OK I will try to boot the pendrive and then to click both mouse buttons to enter Early Startup Menu.Only one question: May I push both buttons at the beginning of the loading or at the end of Kickstart modules?

Who is Epsilon? Anyway if he can help me welcome aboard.

Yes I have 3 AmigaOS 4.1 CDs: One for Classics,one for AmigaOne XE and another for AmigaOne X5000 that I tested and it doesn't boot

Go to top
Quite a regular
Quite a regular

See User information
@Hypex

OK I did the test of booting the pendrive until the Kickstart modules loading and on the screen it doesn't show any partitions,neither the DH0:,DH1: and DH2:

As they didn't appear on Workbench last time I booted with my pendrive.

What is happening? Maybe I destroyed my DH0: partition?

Go to top

Register To Post
« 1 (2) 3 »