Login
Username:

Password:

Remember me

Lost Password?

Register now!

Sections

Who's Online
115 user(s) are online (90 user(s) are browsing Forums)

Members: 1
Guests: 114

nbache, more...

Headlines

Register To Post  

« 1 ... 11 12 13 (14)
Re: Sam460LE 1.10 Ghz Pre-Order!
Just can't stay away
Just can't stay away

See User information
hi, maybe a bit offtopic, but:

U-Boot 2018-11 recognise Radeon HD and Radeon RX.
https://www.powerpc-notebook.org/en/

Any chance to update UBoot to be used on our "old" SAM460?!?!?!

Go to top
Just popping in
Just popping in

See User information
@sailor

Forgive me if I am a little confused but, what about the Creative Audigy FX SB1570, would this card be ok? (Acube systems site doesn't have any in stock though)

Also, any chance there happens to be a list of sound cards that are supported by Amiga os4.1fe naturally?

Or were any sound drivers that were ever made after market by the Amiga community?

I feel like I am running so far behind with information right now, due to not having been part of the on-line scene for some time since during Covid and some time after it was.....well....I am here now so.

Also just noticed, the 460le version doesnt come with sound onboard... Has three slots, I presume none of those slots are suitable for a nice GPU and one needs to get an adapter kit for it?

I also presume the reason sound blaster may have been an ideal option is due to the small slot at the bottom of the board, which leaves me wanting to ask.....

The white coloured slot, is that good enough for a wifi adapter or even an even older sound card? I mean it isnt too critical, as going that route if I do decide to go ahead with it, would mean in my case another Vonets unit, powered by the boards 7 usb ports, one is used there, another two from mouse and keyboard, leaving heaps of spares anyway.

Cheers and sorry to bother you again, but I feel comfortable asking you questions.

EDIT
Thank you BTW for your extreme patience

Courtesy of SAM440Flex & Amiga OS4.1 only
Flex is 800mhz
A1000 with Classic 520 Amiga OS3.2.1
AmiKit 12
MorphOS PowerBook G4 (which can play youtube vids)

https://blitterwolf.blogspot.com
Go to top
Not too shy to talk
Not too shy to talk

See User information
@Gebrochen

AmigaOS 4.1fe compatible hardware you will find on this page. In future probably there will be also HD audio driver, but it is not released for public yet.

About Sam460LE:
unlike Sam440ep-flex has no sound or SATA onboard.
it has three slots:
PCIe x16 - for graphics card. There is two slot free space, so you need no adapter.
PCI 66 MHz ( the white one) - most common is to put SATA card here: SiI3512 or 3114.
PCIe x1 - most common is to put sound card here.
If you have in plan use MorphOS too, only two cards are compatible with both systems: C-Media CMI8738, Envy24HT. Somebody also used USB sound - look here.I am not tested it.

I have in my Sam460LE: Southern Island HD7970 for testing Radeon HD ( but this one have high power ), in future there will be RX560. PCI SATA controller SiI3114 and PCIe soundcard CMI8738.

Edit: a little offtopic, but it is about compatibility AmigaOS/MorphOS/linux on powerpc big endian.

Edited by sailor on 2024/4/8 19:40:39
Edited by sailor on 2024/4/8 19:42:31
Edited by sailor on 2024/4/8 19:42:51
AmigaOS3: Amiga 1200
AmigaOS4: Micro A1-C, AmigaOne XE, Pegasos II, Sam440ep, Sam440ep-flex, AmigaOne X1000
MorphOS: Efika 5200b, Pegasos I, Pegasos II, Powerbook, Mac Mini, iMac, Powermac Quad
Go to top
Just popping in
Just popping in

See User information
@Gebrochen

I just got the SAM460LE in March. My initial setup was as follows:

Godshark PCI Sata card w/SIL3114 chipset - PCI slot
Creative Audigy FX 1570 - PCIe 1x slot
VisionTek Radeon 5450 - PCIe 16x-ish slot
Mini Tower Case
DVD Writer

I got all of those products on Amazon. I have since replaced the 5450 with a Sapphire Technology AMD Radeon RX 550, which I bought locally in SoCal.

As for the driver for the 1570: I'm not sure if I'm going to get anyone in trouble but the HDAudio drivers were on the SD OS installation card I got with the board. They were in WorkSD:Bonus drawer.
They aren't otherwise available publicly.

Hopefully this helps.

Go to top
Just popping in
Just popping in

See User information
@kishigo

Mini gl wont work for me when using 5450, is this actually so or has there been a fix since?

Atm Ive gone back to trying out my 9250, but my current 4k monitor doesnt like it and to say most people wouldnt use their amigas under these conditions is an understatement.

So why am I, I just miss some mini gl stuff, so might have to live with sometimes chucking in the 9250....

The 9250 however with a 1080 monitor, an older one that I have does work nicely, however my 12 core uses the 4k, so I was hoping to use the same monitor to simply monitor switch between systems at some point in future.

Cheers for the information

Flex is 800mhz
AmiKit 12

Go to top
Not too shy to talk
Not too shy to talk

See User information
@kishigo

Quote:
As for the driver for the 1570: I'm not sure if I'm going to get anyone in trouble but the HDAudio drivers were on the SD OS installation card I got with the board. They were in WorkSD:Bonus drawer.
They aren't otherwise available publicly.

I would assume that Acube has made the proper agreements with the Audiodriver developer since they are even shipping the software on the bundled SD card. If not, that would be very rude and unprofessional.

AmigaOne X5000 -> 2GHz / 16GB RAM / Radeon RX 550 / ATI X1950 / M-Audio 5.1 -> AmigaOS 4.1 FE / Linux / MorphOS
Amiga 1200 -> Recapped / 68ec020 ACA 1221ec / CF HDD / RetroNET connected to the NET
Vampire V4SE TrioBoot
RPI4 AmiKit XE
Go to top
Just popping in
Just popping in

See User information
@sailor

A couple of nice links indeed.

Now that I can read white backgrounds again instead of film grain pink...

5450 definitely has that advantage I suppose.

Flex is 800mhz
AmiKit 12

Go to top
Just popping in
Just popping in

See User information
@Gebrochen

Quote:
Mini gl wont work for me when using 5450, is this actually so or has there been a fix since?

No, Mini gl still won't work with the 5450. The 5450 was primarily used to get my system up and running, since AmigaOS 4.1 doesn't support Radeon RX 550 out of the box.
In fact, it barely supports the 5450. I had to purchase Aeon's Enhancer software to get the Radeon HD drivers necessary to get compositing and 1080p resolution out of the 5450.

In order to get mini gl, I had to purchase a Radeon Rx 550, utilize the drivers included in Enhancer, and purchase Nova Bridge.

Go to top
Just popping in
Just popping in

See User information
@kishigo

So Ive had compositing working nicely since I got the 5450 ages ago, this was never an issue for me, so thank you for letting me know should I obtain a future sam system, I will know to make sure to keep my old 9250 card.

As for mini gl and other support, I think the R7 240 and the 7770 cards will support 3d and more, should I get them working.....

If not I will need to buy a different adapter to fit in the pci, but the RAIL adapter is perfect as both cards show up in uboot now.

Cheers

Flex is 800mhz
AmiKit 12

Go to top

Register To Post
« 1 ... 11 12 13 (14)