Login
Username:

Password:

Remember me

Lost Password?

Register now!

Sections

Who's Online
119 user(s) are online (71 user(s) are browsing Forums)

Members: 0
Guests: 119

more...

Headlines

Register To Post  

« 1 (2) 3 »
Re: osdepot certificate not updated?
Just popping in
Just popping in

See User information

AmigaOne X5000 @ 2GHz / 4GB RAM / Radeon RX 550 / AmigaOS 4.1 Final Edition / MorphOS 3.17
Amiga1200 / Blizzard 1230 IV PiStorm32-lite / AmigaOS 3.9
Go to top
Just popping in
Just popping in

See User information
@afxgroup

Quote:
If SSL is not working in odissey most probably it is because you need to update certificates.

I don't think it's an SSL problem- that's not the kind of security issue that Cloudflare is looking for. They're looking for automated web bots that are probing or potentially attacking a web site. Simply checking SSL certificates and looking at user agents isn't good enough, as robots also use SSL, and know how to spoof as being an actual web browser.

I'm sure the details of how they attempt to discriminate between bots and real users are proprietary, but it seems to involve running some Javascript (no doubt heavily obfuscated) on the browser, and if they're still not sure, putting up a CAPTCHA.

Quote:
Is not a cloudflare problem.

No, it's an Odyssey problem. Most likely the Javascript makes use of some Javascript or browser functionality that Odyssey doesn't support, so the test fails or doesn't even run. It never gets as far as putting up the CAPTCHA, though in the past when the CAPTCHA did appear it didn't help- though the CAPTCHA itself seemed to work, clicking 'Verify' at the end just brought up another CAPTCHA, and you still couldn't access the site or page.

Regardless of the cause, the effect is the same- Cloudflare threat protection on a site means you can't access it with Odyssey. The situation with IBrowse seems a little more complex.

Go to top
Amigans Defender
Amigans Defender

See User information
@daveyw

You have to download a newer version of curl-ca-bundle.crt and replace the existent one (do a backup first)

i'm really tired...
Go to top
Site Builder
Site Builder

See User information
@afxgroup
Last week I tested that, downloading the latest version, but this didn't help with clouflare unfortunately. Have you tested that and works?

Follow me on
Ko-fi, Twitter, YouTube, Twitch
Go to top
Amigans Defender
Amigans Defender

See User information
I've just tried with some of my websites (https://www.animasystems.com and https://www.amigasoft.net) and they are working with odissey without any problems

Edit:
and they are behind cloudflare of course..

i'm really tired...
Go to top
Not too shy to talk
Not too shy to talk

See User information
@afxgroup

Quote:
afxgroup wrote:@daveyw

You have to download a newer version of curl-ca-bundle.crt and replace the existent one (do a backup first)

Thanks, I've installed the latest and will see how I go.

Go to top
Not too shy to talk
Not too shy to talk

See User information
@walkero

Quote:
walkero wrote:@afxgroup
Last week I tested that, downloading the latest version, but this didn't help with clouflare unfortunately. Have you tested that and works?

Do you have a link we could try?

Go to top
Amigans Defender
Amigans Defender

See User information
But can you tell me what is the exact problem you have? Are you sure is not only a js/css problem?

i'm really tired...
Go to top
Quite a regular
Quite a regular

See User information
@afxgroupQuote:
afxgroup wrote:You have to download a newer version of curl-ca-bundle.crt and replace the existent one (do a backup first)

I have had Cloudflare problems with Odyssey for ages, in fact I have been surprised it has not been mentioned more often. I tend to regard Cloudflare as an evil piece of software that just blocks browsers it does not like!

I updated the ca.bundle testerday and it makes no difference at all. Also I am sure I tried this in the past too, at least I have an updated ca.bundle !

It seems to be an Odyssey thing only, ironically both IBrowse and Netsurf get past the Cloudflare check with no problems. The problem there is though you get through the sites just do not work properly or well.

What is really needed is Odyssey to be updated to get past this problem. Any ideas @Kas1e ?

It is interesting that you say you have sites that use cloudflare which do work with Odyssey. Maybe there are many sites that do just work with Cloudflare and only the ones that don't are apparent to the user. Maybe we could track down what causes the sites that fail to do so, or if said sites can be altered to use the functions of Cloudflare that work ?

I can confirm that YOUR sites apparently using cloudflare DO work on my Odyssey set up. It is transparent and you would not know Cloudflare is being used. Sites that seem to use Cloudflare with a Captcha which unfortunately seem far too many do fail though and Odyssey just loops and cannot get past the Captcha check

Sometimes the security check pages just auto loop without doing a captcha. Walkero's ko-fi domain hosted site is an example.

Bill.

Go to top
Amigans Defender
Amigans Defender

See User information
The captcha appears because the user-agent most of the time. Check the firewall under cloudflare and you will see why the captcha is showing up.
Also. Which SSL configuration you have on cloudflare? Flexible? Or what?

i'm really tired...
Go to top
Amigans Defender
Amigans Defender

See User information
I've just tried this:

Open timberwolf:
load www.amigasoft.net -> it will work (nothing is shown up but it is a css/js problem)
load www.bhphotovideo.com -> it will show you an SSL error.

So most probably you have some strict SSL check on cloudflare that is causing this problem
You have to check in firewall area what is the cause of the error

i'm really tired...
Go to top
Site Builder
Site Builder

See User information
@daveyw
Quote:
Do you have a link we could try?

I would be interested if the following is working

https://ko-fi.com/walkero

Follow me on
Ko-fi, Twitter, YouTube, Twitch
Go to top
Quite a regular
Quite a regular

See User information
@afxgroupQuote:
afxgroup wrote:The captcha appears because the user-agent most of the time. Check the firewall under cloudflare and you will see why the captcha is showing up.
Also. Which SSL configuration you have on cloudflare? Flexible? Or what?

Eh ?

How do I do that.

I am a user of Odyssey having problems getting onto many sites that apparently use CloudBlock (tm). I am not a user of CloudFlare with any web sites attached to it. SO how would I be able to access the cloudflare firewall or SSL configuration ?

Go to top
Amigans Defender
Amigans Defender

See User information
Ah well, i tought the web site was yours. However can you try to spoof user-agent to something newer than odissey one?
Something like:

Mozilla/5.0 (Windows NT 10.0; Win64; x64) AppleWebKit/537.36 (KHTML, like Gecko) Chrome/109.0.0.0 Safari/537.36 OPR/95.0.0.0

i'm really tired...
Go to top
Amigans Defender
Amigans Defender

See User information
@walkero

No this site has the same problem

i'm really tired...
Go to top
Just can't stay away
Just can't stay away

See User information
BTW, if anyone reading this far is scratching their head over where/how to download the latest certificate bundle for Odyssey:

Go to https://curl.se/ca/
Download the cacert.pem file
Rename it to curl-ca-bundle.crt
Copy it to Odyssey's main drawer (replacing the old one of the same name)

Right now the latest one up there is from 20230110.

Best regards,

Niels

Go to top
Quite a regular
Quite a regular

See User information
@afxgroupQuote:
afxgroup wrote:However can you try to spoof user-agent to something newer than odissey one?
Something like:

Mozilla/5.0 (Windows NT 10.0; Win64; x64) AppleWebKit/537.36 (KHTML, like Gecko) Chrome/109.0.0.0 Safari/537.36 OPR/95.0.0.0

It was previously set to Chrome80, I have changed to the one above which "What Browser" tells me is Opera95.

Unfortunately no difference at all

Go to top
Amigans Defender
Amigans Defender

See User information
I've tried almost all web sites I have on cloudflare and everything is working correctly. So most probably is something that is set Cloudflare side in those particular side that is raising captcha up. I suspect is something in SSL configuration (and Timberwolf test is the best candidate)
Unfortunately without having a web site that has that problem I can't check in the firewall why captcha is shown.
Maybe if @walkero has access to cloudflare could check what is wrong

i'm really tired...
Go to top
Amigans Defender
Amigans Defender

See User information
Funny.. i've just tried both https://www.bhphotovideo.com and https://ko-fi.com/walkhero on Odissey with my Sam440 and they are working correctly..

i'm really tired...
Go to top
Just popping in
Just popping in

See User information
@afxgroup

Quote:
Funny.. i've just tried both https://www.bhphotovideo.com and https://ko-fi.com/walkhero on Odissey with my Sam440 and they are working correctly.

What about https://www.researchgate.net/publicati ... ith_compiler_optimization? The other two sites work with IBrowse too, while this one doesn't.

Go to top

Register To Post
« 1 (2) 3 »