Login
Username:

Password:

Remember me

Lost Password?

Register now!

Sections

Who's Online
103 user(s) are online (61 user(s) are browsing Forums)

Members: 1
Guests: 102

FlynnTheAvatar, more...

Headlines

Register To Post  

« 1 ... 7 8 9 (10) 11 12 13 »
Re: Sam460LE 1.10 Ghz Pre-Order!
Quite a regular
Quite a regular

See User information
@amiganuts

I you have another working AmigaOS 4.1 machine you can create a bootable SDcard with the RadeonRX driver for the Sam460ex using that machine .

Create a Bootable USB Option

Go to top
Just popping in
Just popping in

See User information
@amiganuts

RX cards (any model) aren't currently supported by uboot, but the machine will boot on AOS4.1 if the RadeonRX driver is loaded from the kickstart.
To be noted that the AOS4.1 installer doesn't have support for RX cards.

About your problems, the RX 580 doesn't show up on the UBoot output, it seems it isn't correctly set in the PCIe slot, or maybe the 8x pin cable from the PSU isn't inserted in the graphic board connector.

On the SD card there is the AOS4.1 installer, but we cannot include the new RadeonHD/RX drivers since these are separated commercial products, but if you buy the RadeonRX driver for example, you can put it on the SD (remember to modify the kicklayout in this case)

Max Tretene, ACube Systems Srl, Soft3
Go to top
Just popping in
Just popping in

See User information
That output is actually with a Radeon X300SE video card in that I had laying around. It must be dead. I am going to put the RX550 and see if it sees that.

And yes, I still don't have my PS connections to the R9 280 figured out yet.

As far as RX Drivers, you could have charged for them and added them on the SD card.

Go to top
Home away from home
Home away from home

See User information
@amiganuts
Quote:

It won't boot my RX550 period not even in Uboot to see anything.

Wasn't it saying everywhere all the time all around the forum ?:) Even in the videos we do we all the time point out on the fact, that RadeonRX on SAMs can't see UBOOT, and you need serial terminal for.

Yeah, that kind of suck, but it was always repeated everywhere in all the corners.

You can study that topic from the beginning seeing how i fight with all this issues, what kind of settings i changes in uboot to make all works, etc, etc.

SAM boards is surely harder to setup in compare with X5000, but once you did, then all will be fine.

Just don't expect it "all works out of box". There will be more issues for sure while you deal with. That need to accept, and only then you will have fun with.

Join us to improve dopus5!
AmigaOS4 on youtube
Go to top
Just popping in
Just popping in

See User information
@amiganuts

Psu connector doesn't split into 20+4 pins and I was able to fit it into Sam properly.

SD card have AmigaOS 4.1 on it, but mine will not boot from it.

As far as I can tell Acube doesn't develop drivers so, lack of drivers is not thier issue 🙄.

Go to top
Just popping in
Just popping in

See User information
@kas1e

kas1e,

Yes, I think I watched a YouTube video you put out testing out a SAM460CR. I kinda knew the RX wouldn't work out of the box but I didn't think this would be SUCH A PITA with the PS to get my R9 280 working.

Ok. After a trip to MicroCenter, I was able to get the PS adapters to get my Radeon R9 280 fired up.

Actually got the CD install screen on 4.1. Lets see how it goes now.

U-Boot 2015.b (Dec 23 2022 - 13:11:28)

CPU: AMCC PowerPC 460EX Rev. B at 1140 MHz (PLB=228 OPB=114 EBC=114)
No Security/Kasumi support
Bootstrap Option H - Boot ROM Location I2C (Addr 0x52)
Internal PCI arbiter enabled
32 kB I-Cache 32 kB D-Cache
Board: Sam460, PCIe 4x + PCIe 1x
I2C: ready
DRAM: 2 GiB (ECC not enabled, 456 MHz, CL4)
PCI: Bus Dev VenId DevId Class Int
00 04 1095 3114 0104 00
PCIE0: successfully set as root-complex
02 00 1102 0012 0403 ff
PCIE1: successfully set as root-complex
04 00 1002 6798 0300 ff
Net: ppc_4xx_eth0
FPGA: Revision 03 (2010-10-07)
SM502: not found
PERMD2:not found
VGA: 1
VESA: OK

Go to top
Just popping in
Just popping in

See User information
Why does Uboot recognize my PNY 500GB SSD but when I go into MediaTool it does not see it only the CD drive?

Model: PNY CS900 500GB SSD Firm: CS900613
Type: Hard Drive
Supports 48 bit addressing
Capacity: 476940MB

What is weird is that my X5000 recognized it and I installed the OS on it. Same model drive but new.

Go to top
Home away from home
Home away from home

See User information
@amiganuts
Quote:

Why does Uboot recognize my PNY 500GB SSD but when I go into MediaTool it does not see it, only the CD drive?

It can be some default settings in uboot (i had to change them too).

Btw, just to add some info about (in case you may miss this part) : on x5000 we do have "amigaboot" which is loaded from the SD card by default, so, we have everything "works right out of box". With sam460, we do have special piece of code called "SLB" (secondary boot loader) , which you should install right into the disk with help of mediatools box. I mean when you will see your ssd in the mediatoolbox, it's not enough to just partitioning and format it, you also need to put SLB in the first blocks, or it will never boots from.

The same "SLB" stuff were used on older AmigaOnes from eyetech if i remember right, while pegasos2, x1000 and x5000 go "amigaboot" way.

AmigaOS4 on youtube
Go to top
Just popping in
Just popping in

See User information
@kas1e

Yes, I remember loading the SLB when I changed my HD in my XE. You are right if I ever get it to see my HDD.

Go to top
Just popping in
Just popping in

See User information
@amiganut
Inside the Documentation/IDE directory there there are docs about how to configure the SATA controllers, take a look at the sii3114ide_conf UBoot envvar.

Go to top
Just popping in
Just popping in

See User information
This board doesn't make any sense. I have tried both siig3114 and 3112. I took the 3112 out of my XE. The only drive that i can get it to boot off the SD is the combo of CD and PNY500gig but it does not see the drive only the CD. I have tried a 500gig and 320 gig conventional drives. I thought it might be a size limitation so I tried a sandisk 120 ssd. Uboot will see them but it freezes at Amiga4.1.

I am at a loss. I dont see how any uboot setting will make it work. Getting highly frustrated with this thing!!! Getting ready to send it back to Acube.

EDITED: I take it back. After setting the following on the Siig3112 it recognized the PNY SSD

sii3112ide_conf 12
sii3112ide_maxbus 2
sii3112ide_xfer GG

Edited by amiganuts on 2023/1/24 1:04:23
Go to top
Just popping in
Just popping in

See User information
Another issue I am getting random checksum errors when installing OS4.1 from CD or SD. Sometimes when trying to format. I have tried the PNY SSD and a Seagate 500G conventional drive. I tried the following:

50 and 100 Gig system partition.
SFS/00
SFS/02
Standard
Block sizes 512, 1024 and 4096.

I tried doing a long format on my PNY but made no difference.

I changed SATA cables as well.

Never seen this before.

Go to top
Quite a regular
Quite a regular

See User information
@amiganuts

Perhaps others should comment here, but I think that
sii3112ide_xfer GG
means maximum speed with DMA enabled.

Maybe lower the speed a bit for testing.

And maybe a smaller partition for your main system partition.

Please note that I do not have a SAM460 or an SSD.

My OS4 system is a very old system with conventional hard drive and combo DVD drive. My actual system partition is 2 GB and formatted as SFS/00. Block size 512.

Hopefully someone with SAM460 will give you some more info.

---
redfox

Go to top
Just popping in
Just popping in

See User information
@amiganuts

Use 3114 (preferred) or 3512 SATA controller, the 3112 was replaced by the 3512 since it wasn't very compatible with more modern devices.

Go to top
Just popping in
Just popping in

See User information
The SiiG3114 fixed my "Checksum" issues. However, I am getting an exception at 97% install 3 times in a row. I have tried it on my two drives PNY SSD 500G and Seagate 500G Conventional drive.

At 97%:

Exception exceptions.OSError: 'Cannot show page' in 'garbage collection' ignored
Fatal Python error: unexpected exception during garbage collection
***Command 'Installation Utility' returned with unfreed signals 10000000 !

Go to top
Home away from home
Home away from home

See User information
@amiganuts
Quote:

Exception exceptions.OSError: 'Cannot show page' in 'garbage collection' ignored
Fatal Python error: unexpected exception during garbage collection
***Command 'Installation Utility' returned with unfreed signals 10000000 !

That's not your fault, i meet with this one as well (and some others probably too) and that how i sort it:

Update usbhid driver on installation cd from the fe-update2 one.
Update installation.utility to 53.12
Update python binary to 53.35

So you need to make your new ISO with those new components to be able to complete installation.

Maybe first one you will be of no needs, but i was in needs, because latest USB drivers for modern mices need it.

Issue, is that all the OS4 installatin ISOs are quite old, and didn't updated with latest components causing wrong error reports.

When you will update installation utility and python, intead of that crash you will have proper error window about what wrong. In my case, it was "read-protected" usb driver in installation CD.

Check for more info this my post: https://www.amigans.net/modules/newbb/ ... id=124839#forumpost124839

and the one after it.

AmigaOS4 on youtube
Go to top
Just popping in
Just popping in

See User information
Ok. This one is my fault. I changed the video option in uboot from "fast" to "super fast" and now my machine won't boot. Well it boots but only via serial

U-Boot 2015.b (Dec 23 2022 - 13:11:28)

CPU: AMCC PowerPC 460EX Rev. B at 1140 MHz (PLB=228 OPB=114 EBC=114)
No Security/Kasumi support
Bootstrap Option H - Boot ROM Location I2C (Addr 0x52)
Internal PCI arbiter enabled
32 kB I-Cache 32 kB D-Cache
Board: Sam460, PCIe 4x + PCIe 1x
I2C: ready
DRAM: 2 GiB (ECC not enabled, 456 MHz, CL4)
PCI: Bus Dev VenId DevId Class Int
00 04 1095 3114 0104 00
PCIE0: successfully set as root-complex
02 00 1102 0012 0403 ff
PCIE1: successfully set as root-complex
04 00 1002 6798 0300 ff
Net: ppc_4xx_eth0
FPGA: Revision 03 (2010-10-07)
SM502: not found
PERMD2:not found
VGA: 1
VESA: OK

I tried removing the battery for 15 minutes but still no Uboot screen. How can I set Uboot back to defaults? Can I use the serial interface to access uboot?

UPDATE: It looks like I only lost the uboot screen. It boots into OS4.1 SD card.

Edited by amiganuts on 2023/1/24 21:22:31
Edited by amiganuts on 2023/1/24 21:59:31
Go to top
Just popping in
Just popping in

See User information
@amiganuts

from the uboot prompt type:

setenv x86_emu 2
saveenv

and reboot

Go to top
Just popping in
Just popping in

See User information
I have a black screen. I have no Uboot prompt. It looks like that setting is just for uboot.

Go to top
Just popping in
Just popping in

See User information
@amiganuts

you can type it from the serial terminal, just boot without any media attached (sata/usb etc) and at the end of the hw init sequence you will have the uboot prompt on your serial terminal.

Go to top

Register To Post
« 1 ... 7 8 9 (10) 11 12 13 »