Login
Username:

Password:

Remember me

Lost Password?

Register now!

Sections

Who's Online
168 user(s) are online (122 user(s) are browsing Forums)

Members: 0
Guests: 168

more...

Headlines

Register To Post  

What kind of programs would you like to see for Ami...
Just popping in
Just popping in

See User information
Hi All,

I just wanted to ask what kind of programs would you like to see on you amiga (any).

My list:

www browser (like Firefox in sense of quality),
office (in sense of usability... I really need power point!!!
skype...

The rest would be hardware support but this is different story, since Linux suffer the same... but how many people use it.

Do you know some replacements for this what I wrote, I'm asking since my ami was resting for a "while" and now is coming back :).

Go to top
Re: What kind of programs would you like to see for Ami...
Just popping in
Just popping in

See User information
@Kreciu

Quote:

Kreciu wrote:
Hi All,

I just wanted to ask what kind of programs would you like to see on you amiga (any).

My list:

www browser (like Firefox in sense of quality),
office (in sense of usability... I really need power point!!!
skype...

Thats not only your list.
These would go a long ways.
Firefox
OpenOffice

Go to top
Supreme Council
Supreme Council

See User information
@Kreciu

A fully functional JVM, 1.5 or better. (JAVA)

Vacca foeda. Sum, ergo edo

Mr Bobo Cornwater
Go to top
Just popping in
Just popping in

See User information
@Kreciu

An uptodate SDK.

Video editing would be the big need for me. An office suite with Open Document support would be nice (certainly doesn't have to be OO.org itself though). Abiword under X11 is a very good move in the right direction though.

If you want to create presentations, that can be achieved with Hollywood and then run under UAE on Windows/Linux and PPT are now becoming accessible thanks to PointRider.

Quote:
The rest would be hardware support but this is different story, since Linux suffer the same... but how many people use it.

What hardware do you have that won't work under Linux?

Happiness is mandatory
Go to top
Just popping in
Just popping in

See User information
@yoodoo2

I know the list could be long (I should make a survey), which programs are needed RIGHT NOW ;).

I would say that:

Firefox and,
OpenOffice would give A LOT more live for ANY Amiga. Since we had a lot of "funny" programs which works VERY well.

And one think, this DON'T have to be Firefox and OpenOffice it self but who will write this kind of programs... nobody.

How many of you could BUY good web browser, office software? I think there are people who could easily BUY it. I would for like $150, BUT functionality should be good...

About my linuks I'm using PC... so I don't know you want to listen about my config? ;). My PC it's to new for Linux :(, after loading kernel (from CD), computer doesn't see the CD-rom any more :(... (nothing help... maybe you :)...

And this is good example what can you do with hardware when you don't have software NOTHING, even if it has 27000 MIPS ;). I so happy and grateful for people who create any (software and harware) for amiga...

I have no any idea about programing (no maybe BASIC ;) )... is it really soooo hard to write a good browser for amiga... (this is for me MAIN problem)... since when I would like to show Workbench (even on UAE) so people ask, what about www... and that I can show them... NOTHING (since Ibrowse, Voyager, AWeb... are basically DEAD... good that this forum is "supported" ;), and how long we spend browsing :D.

Today we use www for email, youtube, java games ;), forums, to shop, to order and pay for something

Go to top
Just popping in
Just popping in

See User information
@Kreciu

Quote:

About my linuks I'm using PC... so I don't know you want to listen about my config? ;). My PC it's to new for Linux :(, after loading kernel (from CD), computer doesn't see the CD-rom any more :(... (nothing help... maybe you :)...

The nice thing about Linux is that support for new hardware doesn't take long to appear. What distro and version are you using?

I'm sure that if you started a new thread under Free For All, you'd get some replies. You are welcome to pm me about Linux help if you wish.

Quote:
Today we use www for email, youtube, java games ;), forums, to shop, to order and pay for something

Well, except for the java games, I can doall ofthose from IBrowse or AWeb.

With a little good luck, we should be seeing Sputnik (a KHTML-based browser for MorphOS) on OS4 before the end of the year.

Happiness is mandatory
Go to top
Home away from home
Home away from home

See User information
@yoodoo2

The nice thing about Linux is that it contains Open Source drivers so we can write nice drivers based on those

(NutsAboutAmiga)

Basilisk II for AmigaOS4
AmigaInputAnywhere
Excalibur
and other tools and apps.
Go to top
Not too shy to talk
Not too shy to talk

See User information
A decent FTP client

Go to top

Register To Post