Login
Username:

Password:

Remember me

Lost Password?

Register now!

Sections

Who's Online
79 user(s) are online (37 user(s) are browsing Forums)

Members: 0
Guests: 79

more...

Headlines

Register To Post  

« 1 (2)
Re: usb boot iso over amidvd on x5k questions
Quite a regular
Quite a regular

See User information
@kas1e

Quote:
kas1e wrote:@TiredOfLife
Interesting when i install os4 on my sam (which also have RadeonRX) i didn't have such problem.

Maybes that all related to different radeons ? I mean i use some older RadeonRX version for sam460 when install os4, it was something like 2.3 or 2.4 do not remember. But latest ones are 2.11 for public, so maybe issue starts somewhere after 2.7 or so (there was some heavy code changes in the drivers if i understand that correctly).

In other words, it can be some new bug in radeonrx

2.4 seems to work fine without the fix.
2.8 and 2.11 only work with the fix.

All tested on Sam460.

Cheers

Go to top
Not too shy to talk
Not too shy to talk

See User information
@all

Kool that so many of you like my "hack" but so few had any trouble installing before! ;)

;:Installation-Support/CheckHardwareCompose
;if $RC EQ 0
;copy :Installation-Files/GUI-compose.prefs env:sys/GUI.prefs
;setenv _INSTALL_HWACCEL 1
;else
copy :Installation-Files/GUI.prefs env:sys
setenv _INSTALL_HWACCEL 0
;endif

The reason of "setenv _INSTALL_HWACCEL 0" is that when you do a hack solution like this is to look further down the line.

Is there gonna be a problem later on?

example:
Mr.khayoz edit his ISO with "setenv _INSTALL_HWACCEL 1" and later gets a card that doesn't support hardware accelaration(unlikely but still possible), start whining on forums that installation doesn't work.. You get the picture!

1989-> A500, A600, A3000, A4000, A1200, CD32, µA1, PegII, A1XE, CDTV, Amy/416D79, A1X5000, Vampire 500 V2+, Vampire 600 V2, Amy-ITX, Denise ITX <-2024
Go to top
Not too shy to talk
Not too shy to talk

See User information
0 void!

Edited by khayoz on 2023/11/9 1:03:27
1989-> A500, A600, A3000, A4000, A1200, CD32, µA1, PegII, A1XE, CDTV, Amy/416D79, A1X5000, Vampire 500 V2+, Vampire 600 V2, Amy-ITX, Denise ITX <-2024
Go to top
Not too shy to talk
Not too shy to talk

See User information
@McFly

I have couple of questions on the 'Inside-X5k_Bootstick' article, I hope you (or anyone else) can help with this:

In step 2, Edit partition and filesystem, instead of "UDH2", should it be DH2 (or next available partition), the same as in the example image 7, yes? In the other example images, it is actually reflecting as UDH2, sort of confusing as I would expect DH2? Or it can be anything, it's just partition name, correct?

In step 2, you are reducing the partition size to 1GB. Can I go with 2GB?

I am asking this, because I'd like to try and apply patches (during the installation) from Hyperion, and also to try and add Enhancer 2.2 to this installation USB, so I can install everything in one go. Did anyone tried this, and is this theoretically possible, without crashing the install process? Thinking of this, probably not possible, because I would have to edit install script, and add those new files?

I can look into the Hyperion patches and see if updated files are already existing in the installation ISO, in that case I should be good, unless the script is not checking the version, length of the file or something else. For Enhancer, I doubt it will work as I thought.

Everything else looks pretty self explanatory, and I should be ok. I bought used XFX RX 570 from a co-worker for very reasonable amount, and it was just sitting in the box for some time. Just didn't have time to get and install it.

Thanks!

Go to top
Not too shy to talk
Not too shy to talk

See User information
@levellord

Haven´t read that article, but I would guess that UDH2: points to > USB DH2:

I name all my Amiga card based partions UDH0:/ CFDH0:/ SDDH0:(for USB, CF-Card, SD-card) so there is no mix up when I mount them in my X5000 for file transfer.

Go to top
Not too shy to talk
Not too shy to talk

See User information
@khayoz

Thanks, that makes sense to me!

Go to top
Just popping in
Just popping in

See User information
hello Levellord,

As Khayoz correctly wrote, I chose UDH... for partitions for USB sticks so as not to get confused
a 2GB partition shouldn't be a problem

regards
McFly

ps: sorry for google translation....

Go to top
Not too shy to talk
Not too shy to talk

See User information
Thank you for putting the article/guide together McFly, much appreciated!

Go to top
Not too shy to talk
Not too shy to talk

See User information
@McFly

Made my USB stick using your instructions, it went very well. Just want to add, instructions are missing step where to locate and then copy "RadeonRX.chip and RadeonRX.chip.debug", however this was noted in the "What is needed" section. Step 4 is also not clear that edits needs to be done in 2 different "kicklayouts", but this could be easily understood by looking at the images.

No need to be sorry, everything was great! I was thinking I could somehow update the files directly to stick from released patches, so I don't have to install them later, but it was not possible as I imagined. Probably could be done if install script is modified, and patches applied after the installation, but that's over my head.

Thanks again!

Go to top
Just popping in
Just popping in

See User information
@Levellord

Great that creating the USB stick worked.

As far as your two points are concerned, the wording may be a bit complicated.
I'll take a look there in time.
But the main thing is that it worked with this help,
I'm really happy about that, thank you very much for the feedback :)

Best regards
McFly

Go to top

Register To Post
« 1 (2)