Login
Username:

Password:

Remember me

Lost Password?

Register now!

Sections

Who's Online
78 user(s) are online (45 user(s) are browsing Forums)

Members: 0
Guests: 78

more...

Headlines

Register To Post  

« 1 (2) 3 »
Re: Mednafen Port for AmigaOS4
Quite a regular
Quite a regular

See User information
Okay, thanks for the update.

Do you see any speed degradation? I actually see a slight speed decrease with this version for PSX, but more stability. Work is on-going.

Yes, well, the Saturn requires 64-bit. So, that would take SOME amount of looking into.

If liberty means anything at all, it means the right to tell people what they do not want to hear.
George Orwell.
Go to top
Quite a regular
Quite a regular

See User information
@kas1e
Quote:

@All
Sorry for not checking it before asking, but is Mednafen support Nintendo64 ?

And what the level of the support of the Playstation1 and SegaMegadrive ? Better than FPSE for PSX and Huno's emul for Megadrive ?

I have said this to Samo79 a few times, and also in my explanation in the first post as to why I even did this port.

For me, the only reason for doing this was for PSX. I just wanted a way to play my childhood game of Resident Evil on PSX natively on the AmigaOS4 with the lights off.

Now, FPSE is clearly a really good emulator. You can see because when I run RE using FPSE there is not much CPU utilisation, and it runs and looks great and the audio is better. The issue seems to be that in emulation mode, the timings are all off. And, I am unable to even save the game. No card is found - even if I configure the card file. When I use acceleation, I think this needs WARP3D - on both my X1000 and X5000 the same thing happens: now, the performance is really slow. I think there was still an issue with saving the game. Also, I noticed that some of my image files would just outright not load in FPSE. I do not think that the source code for FPSE is available. So, I ported Mednafen, which hammers the CPU, but I am able to enjoyably play ALL of my PSX games and everything just works. The performance is not quite as good, and the sound implementation should perhaps use OpenAL - I am not sure.

As for other modules like SNES, I would generally advise the other emulators out there - but if Mednafen is more convenient for users because it is everything under the same common emulator - then fine. I was always just interested in the PSX - and found that the other modules all just compiled anyway.

There is no N64.

If liberty means anything at all, it means the right to tell people what they do not want to hear.
George Orwell.
Go to top
Not too shy to talk
Not too shy to talk

See User information
@rjd324

That's how it is more stable. Earlier, I always had to confirm Ignore Errors in the GR window when I started games.

Yes, this is also slower than before. I noticed that the game image is upscaled by default. I don't know if it affects the speed of operation. Normally, in emulators such as DOSBOX or SDL2 Games, scaling up does not affect speed. I would like to check it. How to start games without scaling?

Go to top
Home away from home
Home away from home

See User information
@rjd324

For now the only problem i've found is the iconification gadget, at first launch in window mode the gadget is not present, to make it appear i have to switch Mednafen in fullscreen and then turn back to window mode.
Could maybe be a bug of SDL2?

Go to top
Quite a regular
Quite a regular

See User information
@mufa

<module>.videoip 0 (disables any *linearfiltering)
<module>.(x|y)scale (scaling for window mode)
<module>.(x|y)scalefs (scaling for FS mode)
video.driver (can be "opengl","default" or "softfb").

Try changing scaling, and also changing to "softfb" ?

Let me know how it goes.

George Orwell.
Go to top
Quite a regular
Quite a regular

See User information
@samo79

Actually, I see your issue and can reproduce it. Wonder if someone else has noticed this another SDL application?

George Orwell.
Go to top
Just popping in
Just popping in

See User information
@rjd324

there are several front ends for mednafen the most popular (and
which comes with several emulators like for N64, dreamcast, ps2,
ps3 (I think it is in the lastest version) it's called retroarch
the UI is very simple made to be able to be compiled for very
simple machines, you should be wise to check it out since they are
also making alterations to 'their' emulators to make them work
better and simpler with retroarch (the emulator system is called
libretro), AFAIK they make changes to the emulators (like PPSSPP,
Dolphin etc) so that all the emulators can use their simple (menu
based) launcher/installer etc. but as I said please go to their
homepage and check it out.

Go to top
Quite a regular
Quite a regular

See User information
Mednafen would run a lot better with another core ExecMC! (or, I think that is what the rumor was: that ExecMC stood for Exec MultuCore).

As for a front end, if someone wants to collaborate that is fine. But the eGame that was shown at AmiWest looked quite good anyway.

I will not be making a front-end.

George Orwell.
Go to top
Home away from home
Home away from home

See User information
@rjd324

I've tested almost all SDL2 apps, as far as i see Mednafen is the only one affected

Go to top
Just can't stay away
Just can't stay away

See User information
@rjd324

There are sources of the plugins, so maybe it helps somehow:

https://www.amidog.com/amiga/fpse/download.html

Go to top
Not too shy to talk
Not too shy to talk

See User information
@rjd324

I tested Tomb Raider on the game. Each time the time of intro playback and the first sprint Lara Croft were similar. It seems that there is no difference between OpenGL and Softfb. X1 scaling also does not give much a lot of X3. I noticed that FrameSkip is turned on by default "1", I set it to 0, because it also does not change speed.

Go to top
Quite a regular
Quite a regular

See User information
Okay, how much slower are we talking? I noticed a slight slow down by only a few FPS.

What is your .conf file? And what machine?

George Orwell.
Go to top
Home away from home
Home away from home

See User information
@rjd324

Nice work. Do you have a donate button?

And i'm trying to run crash bandicoot, but getting this error...
Some help would be appreciated.

Loading "Crash Bandicoot.bin"...
Error loading "Crash Bandicoot.bin": maximum allowed size of 67108864 bytes exceeded. If you are trying to load a CD image, load it via CUE/CCD/TOC/M3U instead of BIN/ISO/IMG.
LIBGL: Shuting down
mednafen: Unknown command

I did run galaga88 on pc engine and it worked nicely.

X5000
Go to top
Quite a regular
Quite a regular

See User information
Hi.

You cannot use the BIN file. You have to give it a CUE file.

Check Google on how to make your own CUE file, it's easy. I think there is a post above explaining how to so it.

3246251196ryan<>gmaildotcom , paypal. No need for donations, but I also would not say no since it buys beer.

Thanks.

George Orwell.
Go to top
Not too shy to talk
Not too shy to talk

See User information
@rjd324

I did tests once again with an FPS meter. The meter indications change very quickly, so I had to make screenshots. Results for my x5000 040 (TombRaider game):

render default x3:

render default x1

render softfb x3

render softfb x1

Go to top
Quite a regular
Quite a regular

See User information
@mufa

Thanks for the data.

And, can you provide the previous version?

George Orwell.
Go to top
Home away from home
Home away from home

See User information
@rjd324

Isn't there a way to show FPS on in-game screen or in a shell?

Go to top
Quite a regular
Quite a regular

See User information
;Automatically enable FPS display on startup.
fps.autoenable 0

;FPS display background color.
fps.bgcolor 0x80000000

;FPS display font.
fps.font 5x7

;FPS display position.
fps.position upper_left

;FPS display scale factor.
fps.scale 1

;FPS display text color.
fps.textcolor 0xFFFFFFFF

George Orwell.
Go to top
Home away from home
Home away from home

See User information
@rjd324

Ah ok, thanks

Go to top
Not too shy to talk
Not too shy to talk

See User information
@rjd324

Ekhm, when I saw that the new version works more stable, I deleted with HDD previous mednafen exe. That's why I can't check it.

Go to top

Register To Post
« 1 (2) 3 »