Login
Username:

Password:

Remember me

Lost Password?

Register now!

Sections

Who's Online
98 user(s) are online (57 user(s) are browsing Forums)

Members: 0
Guests: 98

more...

Headlines

Register To Post  

« 1 ... 4 5 6 (7) 8 9 10 ... 17 »
Re: RadeonHD V.5 driver
Quite a regular
Quite a regular

See User information
@TSK
Quote:
How can I get the driver ? I was hoping to pay with PayPal.

See the second paragraph of this news post on AmigaWorld.net for an alternative to purchasing through AmiStore. It worked for me.

AmigaOne X1000, uA1
Go to top
Home away from home
Home away from home

See User information
@ktadd

worked for me yesterday too

mancave-ramblings

Go to top
Just can't stay away
Just can't stay away

See User information
Never mind...

Edited by K-L on 2022/9/27 6:49:13
--
AmigaONE X1000 and Radeon RX 560
Go to top
Just can't stay away
Just can't stay away

See User information
@ktadd

Thanks! I managed to buy it on A-Eon website. Currently trying to test how it all works.

Rock lobster bit me - so I'm here forever
X1000 + AmigaOS 4.1 FE
"Anyone can build a fast CPU. The trick is to build a fast system." - Seymour Cray
Go to top
Quite a regular
Quite a regular

See User information
Anyone else having MPlayer freeze when playing a video with the new RadeonHD V5 driver?

After upgrading to the V5 driver when I play a video with MPlayer it will always eventually freeze and can't be closed. Sometimes it will freeze within about 2 minutes of player but I've also had it play as long as 8 minutes before freezing. The rest of the system seems to work fine. Just MPlayer freezes.

This is using:
MickJT-MPlayer 1.0.1 with the comp_yuv video output.

I've reverted back to v3.7 of the driver and I have no such problems.
Can anyone else duplicate this issue?

Edited by ktadd on 2022/9/28 18:47:37
AmigaOne X1000, uA1
Go to top
Home away from home
Home away from home

See User information
@ktadd

Are you using INTERRUPT=Yes in the Monitor driver and Compositing in GUI prefs?

Try turning off one of them and see how it goes.

Also try to turn interrupts on and set composting to "video memory" instead of "performance".

We need to find common ground to squash that bug(ger)

People are dying.
Entire ecosystems are collapsing.
We are in the beginning of a mass extinction.
And all you can talk about is money and fairytales of eternal economic growth.
How dare you!
– Greta Thunberg
Go to top
Quite a regular
Quite a regular

See User information
@Raziel
Quote:
Are you using INTERRUPT=Yes in the Monitor driver and Compositing in GUI prefs?

Interrupt=yes
Composting enabled
Optomised for performance

I'll try different settings and see if it makes a difference,

AmigaOne X1000, uA1
Go to top
Just can't stay away
Just can't stay away

See User information
I had Mplayer hanging in the middle of videos. Then I changed GUI prefs compositing effects optimization setting from Performance to Video memory usage and now Mplayer have finished the same video twice.

Running GLGlobe works fine but trying to run two of them, then I get printouts showing "ring 0 timed out, GPU busy" messages and some other messages repeating forever slowing everything down.

The same happens when running my own video playback code and when it's calling vaPutSurface function. Maybe I'm doing something wrong in the code.

I can't login to Mantis. The login details are not accepted.

HD7770, X1000, V5 driver, interrupt=yes, LiveForIt-Mplayer 6.5.7 compyuv2 output

X1000 + AmigaOS 4.1 FE
"Anyone can build a fast CPU. The trick is to build a fast system." - Seymour Cray
Go to top
Quite a regular
Quite a regular

See User information
@TSK
Quote:
I had Mplayer hanging in the middle of videos. Then I changed GUI prefs compositing effects optimization setting from Performance to Video memory usage and now Mplayer have finished the same video twice.

I tried changing from "Performance" to "Video Memory usage" and Mplayer still froze for me. Then I also turned on "Syncronize with vertiacal refresh" and now Mplayer plays videos without freezing.

The question is, am I slowing anything down by using this vertical refresh setting?

FYI: I was having the same problem with Mantis and I had to go through the reset password process before it would let me in, even though I was sure I was using the proper password.

AmigaOne X1000, uA1
Go to top
Just can't stay away
Just can't stay away

See User information
@Thread

After many videos tried with Radeon HD Driver v5 on AmigaOne X1000 1,8 Ghz and a Radeon R7 250 with GUI settings : video memory usage and Perfs settings : dynamic with Video profile (using High Power I get the same results with more crashes), here are my thoughts.

1st thing : forget about 1080p videos, none will work. Even if you see 13% of CPU usage, it will be unplayable with any of the video players we have.

Regarding 720p videos : forget about 50/60 FPS videos. They won't be played correctly and it will stutter a lot.

For the 720p videos (25 or 30 FPS), I got mixed results.

1st, let's talk about players.

MPlayer : doesn't use VAAPI so it will be played as before : using CPU power.

Emotion : best quality and smoothness (I mean comparing to DvPlayer on the exact same video, the global feeling is that the video is smoother) BUT most of the time Emotion cannot read correctly a video without sound stuttering. Some videos will play without any problem but I think they are low compression ones (for these ones, I will use Emotion for the better smoothness).

DvPlayer : as mentionned above : lack of smoothness, even on low videos. But it can play lots of 720p videos without sound stuttering. On huge ones, there are video hickups unfortunately.

What is weird is that when using VAAPI, CPU is doing nearly nothing. Why doesn't the CPU help the GPU when this one can't cope with decoding (like on ather systems?).

At the moment, the only thing I can say is that I paid the driver to support Hans' work but it does just a little bit better that what I used to have with comp_yuv formely (eg read 720p videos and having some that can't be played correctly).

And I want to mention that on regular basis I only get a grey display when trying to load a video (whether with Emotion or DvPlayer) and the system becomes unresponsive as if the whole video ram (above the 256MB) had been used.

So I'm compelled to to a cold reboot (warm reboot doesn't work anymore with Radeon V5 driver).

Hopefully the driver will be enhanced a little bit more.

Edited : important note : use a fast HDD or better a SSD (and for the tests, use RAM: ).

Edited 2 : I fogot about another weird behaviour : some videos will use VAAPI with Emotion and not with DvPlayer (it will fall back to comp_yuv).

--
Go to top
Just can't stay away
Just can't stay away

See User information
@ktadd

I had Synchronize with vertical refresh enabled already. (I didn't notice that setting the last night even it's close to the optimize setting.) Also I forgot the Power prefs.

I tried password resetting with Mantis but it says it can't find my user account.

X1000 + AmigaOS 4.1 FE
Go to top
Quite a regular
Quite a regular

See User information
@K-L
Quote:
And I want to mention that on regular basis I only get a grey display when trying to load a video (whether with Emotion or DvPlayer) and the system becomes unresponsive as if the whole video ram (above the 256MB) had been used.

I only get this gray screen when I try to play 1080p videos with DVPlayer.
DVPlayer seems to play 720p videos <60fps quite well for me using 10-13%cpu.

I have the same stuttering sound you describe with Emotion on 720p videos.
Hoping for improvements in the future.

AmigaOne X1000, uA1
Go to top
Just can't stay away
Just can't stay away

See User information
@ktadd

Even 1080p will use 11-13% CPU, all the load is on the GPU and if it cannot cope, it won't use the CPU to get some help so the video will stutter.

--
Go to top
Just popping in
Just popping in

See User information
Anyone has slowdowns with Emotion whyle moving the mouse over the control buttons on playback?

AMIGA 1200 | Vampire 1200 II | 128 MB RAM | Indivision AGA Mk3 | 256 GB SD | AmigaOS 3.2.2
AMIGA 600 | Vampire 600 II | 128 MB RAM | Indivision ECS Mk3 | 256 GB SD | AmigaOS 3.2.2
Go to top
Quite a regular
Quite a regular

See User information
@K-L
Quote:
Even 1080p will use 11-13% CPU, all the load is on the GPU and if it cannot cope, it won't use the CPU to get some help so the video will stutter.

That is true for Emotion but with DVPlayer it just shows gray where the video should be playing and locks up my whole system with 1080p.

AmigaOne X1000, uA1
Go to top
Quite a regular
Quite a regular

See User information
@DJBase
Quote:
Anyone has slowdowns with Emotion whyle moving the mouse over the control buttons on playback?

Yes. Not just over the controls but if you constantly move the mouse over the video this happens as well for me.

AmigaOne X1000, uA1
Go to top
Just can't stay away
Just can't stay away

See User information
@thread

Something weird I have encountered but which makes Emotion becoming again the best video player on AmigaOS 4.1.

When playing a video with Emotion: click outside of Emotion's window ("defocus" it) and then no more sound or video hickups. If you focus again on Emotion's window, video will slow down again and sound will stutter.*

With this little "trick", Emotion handles way better than DvPlayer videos.

--
Go to top
Not too shy to talk
Not too shy to talk

See User information
I had just enough time before leaving the house today to install the new RadeonHD 5 driver and also Enhancer 2.2 (well, parts of it) on one of my X1000s. I had not ever upgraded Enhancer to the 2.x level but seems video acceleration is desirable.

From what I'm reading in this thread I should not be expecting much of anything in the way of improved video playback just yet, which would be my main desire. I have Emotion and MPlayer but not yet the new version of DVPlayer. I will try the various tweaks you guys have suggested in player settings but will surely achieve the same results. Over the years I have been able to play 720p videos with some reliability but 1080p or better has been a bridge too far.

Probably I should have bought an X5000 instead of a second X1000 motherboard back in 2015, but I was thinking of it as a backup bit of hardware for a machine I loved. Heh. Anyway, still mucking about on the X1000 trying to have some fun and make the most of it.

Go to top
Just popping in
Just popping in

See User information
Deleted…

Peg2 1GHz G4, 1Gb mem, Radeon 9250
Go to top
Just popping in
Just popping in

See User information
@TSK

Probably correct thread… mobile…

I had to shortened my password to 15 marks on a-eon website with pc. Only letters and numbers. Amistore app probably doesnt like special characters nor too long passwords.

Login fails, and it doesnt say it.

Peg2 1GHz G4, 1Gb mem, Radeon 9250
Go to top

Register To Post
« 1 ... 4 5 6 (7) 8 9 10 ... 17 »