Login
Username:

Password:

Remember me

Lost Password?

Register now!

Sections

Who's Online
70 user(s) are online (49 user(s) are browsing Forums)

Members: 0
Guests: 70

more...

Headlines

Register To Post  

MPlayer - Add hardware acceleration?
Quite a regular
Quite a regular

See User information
Any chance of anybody modifying MPlayer to take advantage of the new va.library and video acceleration?

I'm willing to throw some funds and testing at it.
LiveForIt?
Mickjt?

I own and like DVPlayer and Emotion but MPlayer has a lot of capabilities they don't.

AmigaOne X1000, uA1
Go to top
Re: MPlayer - Add hardware acceleration?
Just popping in
Just popping in

See User information

Go to top
Home away from home
Home away from home

See User information
@ktadd

If my HD gfx card is support "hardware acceleration decoding", then maybe.

I have thought about at least adding R9/RX to the supported cards, for yuv422. (But I need the exact graphic card name, as its repported, by the driver.)

and I’m willing to take a second look at the AHI code.

(NutsAboutAmiga)

Basilisk II for AmigaOS4
AmigaInputAnywhere
Excalibur
and other tools and apps.
Go to top
Just popping in
Just popping in

See User information
Hi,

It would be nice if Ffmpeg/Ffmpeg could benefit from that too.

Regards,

Go to top
Quite a regular
Quite a regular

See User information
Which is latest working mplayer version for os4.1 and where I can download it? I have couple of them on hdd but any of them is working on my x5000 and os4.1 :) All of them I copied from my old HHD that I used with MicroAmigaOne

Thanks

Amiga x5000 ı o2o ı 4GB RAM ı RadeonRX580 | SBlaster Audigy Fx - AmigaOS4.1 FInal Edition

A1200 sandwich

Warp - Croatian Amiga portal
Go to top
Quite a regular
Quite a regular

See User information
@VooDoo
Quote:
Which is latest working mplayer version for os4.1 and where I can download it?

The two best versions of MPlayer for your X5000 reside on OS4Depot.

LiveForIt MPlayer
Mickjt Mplayer

You will need to use the -vo option on the command line or change it in the config file to choose the proper video driver. (ie. -vo comp_yuv2 for your X5000)

Here is a link to a copy of my config file. Download, rename to config and replace the one that is in the conf directory where Mplayer resides. I've included comments on each setting to give a clue as to what each entry does. Remove the # at the start of the line to enable the option and set it as desired.

MPlayer Conf Example File

If you have any question, just ask.

AmigaOne X1000, uA1
Go to top
Quite a regular
Quite a regular

See User information
@ktadd

Thank you!

I tried with both version and your config file but I am getting dsi error. Also I tried them with MplayerGUI and from VideoEditor app.. Now I do not have anymore time for testing :( I will try later

Amiga x5000 ı o2o ı 4GB RAM ı RadeonRX580 | SBlaster Audigy Fx - AmigaOS4.1 FInal Edition

A1200 sandwich

Go to top
Home away from home
Home away from home

See User information
@VooDoo

dsi errors without stack traces are useless, can't possibly guess what’s going on, if want someone to fix anything you need at least provide stack trace, then it might possible guess what is broken.

(NutsAboutAmiga)

Basilisk II for AmigaOS4
AmigaInputAnywhere
Excalibur
Go to top
Quite a regular
Quite a regular

See User information
@LiveForIt

Maybe ths will help you, This error I get when I tried use mplayer with mplayer GUI

"Error parsing T:mplayer.voao. Stopped at mode=0"

Edit: Please do not post crash logs in the forum. Use http://crashlog.os4depot.net/

Edited by orgin on 2022/8/12 13:12:40

A1200 sandwich

Go to top
Home away from home
Home away from home

See User information
@VooDoo

It’s not really crashing in mplayer, it crashing in ExecSG early.
it’s a “Type of crash: ISI (Instruction Storage Interrupt) exception»
I look at snoopy log, the ISI error is most often related some library not opening, calling a routine that’s unavailable. I have the same ExecSG version, I can’t reproduce the problem.

I also suggest trying it from shell

mplayer yourpath:yourfile.mp4

Also make sure to use the latest version of mplayer gui, it uses AREXX, but something was wrong in implementation, that was fixed in the latest mplayer, then the GUI was updated, to support these changes.

(NutsAboutAmiga)

Basilisk II for AmigaOS4
AmigaInputAnywhere
Excalibur
Go to top
Quite a regular
Quite a regular

See User information
See https://www.amigans.net/modules/newbb/ ... id=126406#forumpost126406 for getting RadeonRX to be recognized.

I'm no coder (AREXX notwithstanding). I certainly can't add any features, so I can't help with anything like hardware acceleration.

I do notice there's an MPlayer 1.5 now. A while ago I applied the Amiga modifications to MPlayer 1.4 but didn't end up releasing it (small tweaks I procrastinated over and never got around to doing). I gotta look at 1.5 sometime.

Also there's been work by Futaura on getting libcurl to use AmiSSL. So hopefully I can make the binaries smaller by studying that and implementing similar changes in ffmpeg, if they're not too difficult.

I can't give any timeframes. I'm preoccupied with other things! If someone wants my work in progress MPlayer 1.4 sources, let me know. Keep in mind this is 1.4 according to the official MPlayer version number.

Edited by MickJT on 2022/8/12 16:15:41
Go to top
Quite a regular
Quite a regular

See User information
@LiveForIt

Today I have working only sound but no picture (shell and Mplayer GUI) no more DSI errors. Also, I am using last Mplayer GUI v1.61 and config file with vo=comp_yu2 option in mplayer config drawer

When I start Mplayer GUI on start I get this message "Error parsing T:mplayer.voao. Stoped at mode=0"

A1200 sandwich

Go to top
Quite a regular
Quite a regular

See User information
@VooDoo
Quote:
Today I have working only sound but no picture (shell and Mplayer GUI) no more DSI errors. Also, I am using last Mplayer GUI v1.61 and config file with vo=comp_yu2 option in mplayer config drawer

Souind playing and no video is a usual symptom of not using a compatable vo option. I assume "vo=comp_yu2" is a typo here. It should be "vo=comp_yuv2".
Are you using a Radeon RX graphics card? If so, I thought I might have read that the "comp_yuv2" option doesn't work on that card. (I could be wrong though.).
Did you try using "vo=comp" or "vo=sdl"?

If you uses these optons on the command line don't use the "=" sign. (ie. -vo sdl).

Other than this, I'm not sure why you are having issues. I don't get the error you are discribing when using Mplayer GUI, version 1.61. I'm using a Radeon HD card.

AmigaOne X1000, uA1
Go to top
Quite a regular
Quite a regular

See User information
@ktadd

I got it!, finally it works for me! I changed to - vo sdl and now it works like you said obviously Radeon RX does not work with vo=comp_yuv2 command. Now it works from GUI, command line and for me most important thing I can use Video Editor and other video tools on Amiga again!

Thank you so much!

A1200 sandwich

Go to top
Quite a regular
Quite a regular

See User information
@VooDoo
Quote:
I got it!, finally it works for me! I changed to - vo sdl and now it works

Glad it's working for you! You might try -vo comp as well. I think I read it is supposed to work as well. It might preform a little better than -vo sdl, although sdl seems to be working pretty well on our systems in more recent times. If you run into audio sync problems you can also try the -ao sdl (ao=sdl) and it might help. The sdl audio driver seems to work pretty well too. Note, you can use -ao sdl with -vo comp. The video and audio drivers are independent.

By the way, you can experiment with different video and audio driver combinations with Mplayer-GUI. Look at the "Output" setting under the Video and Audio tabs

AmigaOne X1000, uA1
Go to top
Quite a regular
Quite a regular

See User information
@ktadd

I tried now with - vo comp, also is working. Thank you on tips for audio sync

A1200 sandwich

Go to top
Quite a regular
Quite a regular

See User information
@VooDoo

Comp Yuv2 works fine for me on an RX card using v1.61 of the GUI.

Cheers

Go to top
Home away from home
Home away from home

See User information
@TiredOfLife

you set in the GUI, but mplayer will fallback on vo_comp if vo_comp_yuv2 can't be used.

only if you hex edited the file, will it work on RX cards.

(NutsAboutAmiga)

Basilisk II for AmigaOS4
AmigaInputAnywhere
Excalibur
Go to top
Quite a regular
Quite a regular

See User information
@LiveForIt

That rings a bell, I think I did edit it based on guidance given by somebody on this site.

Cheers

Go to top
Quite a regular
Quite a regular

See User information
@VooDoo

As LiveForIt said and the forum post I linked earlier, the binary needs to be edited to look for RadeonRX (rather than RadeonHD.chip) since it's doing a string check. Fortunately it's simple. If you manually specify an unsupported video output driver, if I remember correctly, it doesn't fall back, so it'll just spit out errors and not open a video window.

Go to top

Register To Post