Login
Username:

Password:

Remember me

Lost Password?

Register now!

Sections

Who's Online
96 user(s) are online (65 user(s) are browsing Forums)

Members: 0
Guests: 96

more...

Headlines

Register To Post  

Emotion
Not too shy to talk
Not too shy to talk

See User information
Emotion doesn't work for me anymore, I don' t know if it's the new VA.library in Enhancer update 2.2 or if it's something else.. Have re-installed it but it will not start. MPlayer works better than ever.

Enhancer 2.2 installer crashed on - mediadeck.gadget, but i ran the installer again and skipped mediadeck.gadget and deleted the old and added the new manually to Classes/Gadgets/

Any clues?

X5000/20 with latest official Amiga OS4.1update2 and all AmiUpdate patches.
All Updater patches.
Enhancer Software Plus 2.2
Radeon R9 280X
ESI Juli@ PCIe
SFS/02 on all partitions

1989-> A500, A600, A3000, A4000, A1200, CD32, µA1, PegII, A1XE, CDTV, Amy/416D79, A1X5000, Vampire 500 V2+, Vampire 600 V2, Amy-ITX, Denise ITX <-2024
Go to top
Re: Emotion
Just can't stay away
Just can't stay away

See User information
@khayoz

Using here Emotion v1.9 and latest versions from EnhancerSoft 2.2 and no problems watching some videos I have here.

Radeon RX500

About mediadeck_gd crahs, no idea.

Go to top
Not too shy to talk
Not too shy to talk

See User information
@jabirulo

Ok, so then it 's not Enhancer!
Thanks for the reply!

Another strange thing that I noticed now is that I can not Use/Save a new ScreenMode.. I jut get a System Request which says the old "Intuition is attempting to reset the Workbench screeen. Please close all......"

Any idea what's causing this odd behaviour?

Edited by khayoz on 2022/8/9 23:07:47
1989-> A500, A600, A3000, A4000, A1200, CD32, µA1, PegII, A1XE, CDTV, Amy/416D79, A1X5000, Vampire 500 V2+, Vampire 600 V2, Amy-ITX, Denise ITX <-2024
Go to top
Not too shy to talk
Not too shy to talk

See User information
DiskImageGUI/DiskImage.device freezes the OS on startup now,
never happened before.

Is this an failing SSD or is this an filesystem problem/error?
SFS/02

I do backups every 3 months so I'm kool with that but I'm really
pleased with my WB setup right now ((minus the errors I'm getting..)
Don't wanna destroy it for a simple corrupted file or such..

Go to top
Home away from home
Home away from home

See User information
@khayoz

Yes, its worrying, that was few reports about corrupted file systems, before this update was release, hopefully it was not beta testers who had issues.

Some issues was related to dual booting.

Yes, it also worries me about SSD’s, not sure AmigaOS filesystem can keep track of bad blocks, SSD’s will degrade. I remember back in my day, we had this tool called bbformat, bad bock format, that put all the bad blocks into a bad block file, so no important content was written to this blocks. Remember using that tool a lot.

(NutsAboutAmiga)

Basilisk II for AmigaOS4
AmigaInputAnywhere
Excalibur
and other tools and apps.
Go to top
Home away from home
Home away from home

See User information
@khayoz

Quote:
MPlayer works better than ever.

Well "RX" or “R9” is not identified as “HD” card by MPlayer, no yuv422 support, unless maybe you hacked the program file. MPlayer uses staticky linked ffmpeg / av codes, won’t get any aid from hardware acceleration. So if have any speed increases its from other parts being more optimized.
(System overhead, dos / exec / libs improvements, or lower CPU use by background commodities, or filesystem improvement’s.)

Progdir: can play tricks on you, if you have different version of mplayer installed, the symbol link will changed deepening on the last used mplayer.

(NutsAboutAmiga)

Basilisk II for AmigaOS4
AmigaInputAnywhere
Excalibur
Go to top
Home away from home
Home away from home

See User information
@khayoz

Quote:
Any idea what's causing this odd behaviour?

Most likely XDOCK, or some commodity, try use Exchange, and try close / quit, this and try again.

(NutsAboutAmiga)

Basilisk II for AmigaOS4
AmigaInputAnywhere
Excalibur
Go to top
Quite a regular
Quite a regular

See User information
@khayoz

Radeon R9 280X is a Radeon HD card.
video acceleration for Radeon HD cards needs a newer
and as yet unreleased Radeon HD driver.
That factor may be causing the RadeonHD_drv_video.library released with Enhancer 2.2 to cause the crash .

Go to top
Not too shy to talk
Not too shy to talk

See User information
@LiveForIt @Spectre660

Thanks for the answears!

Video in MPlayer and Youtube (720p) in Odyssey works alot smother since I updated to Enhancer 2.2

Xdock is installed but not started from Startup-Sequence/User-Startup as I choose in the Enhancer 2.2 installer.

Drivers for Radeon HD/VA.library IS included in Enhancer 2.2 and installed (RadeonHD_drv_video.library).

Now I got another annoying problem, Odyssey is starting to initialize fonts every time I start it...

What is this? SSD crash next?

Go to top
Quite a regular
Quite a regular

See User information

Go to top
Just popping in
Just popping in

See User information
@khayoz
Emotionplayer works fine here with 1.9 too.
RX580 on X5000

Go to top
Home away from home
Home away from home

See User information
@khayoz

Maybe the extra speed comes from GART support in the video drivers.

(NutsAboutAmiga)

Basilisk II for AmigaOS4
AmigaInputAnywhere
Excalibur
Go to top
Quite a regular
Quite a regular

See User information
I do not get how everyone elses YouTube experience in Odyssey is seemless.

I run into an issue when I load YouTube, when I click on the search icon I get an error message Newlib. It is all documented in: https://www.amigans.net/modules/newbb/ ... 1&keywords=youtube+issues

I have noticed today, even on a fresh installation of the OS using - instead - SFS/2 (since I converted from NGFS) that the same thing happens. I notice that once it happens on YouTube, I subsequently cannot play videos in emotion either and need to reboot.

There must be something I have installed on my system that causes a conflict? This is on my X5000. It happens also on my X1000 but to a much lesser extent. I only noticed to see this happen in the last month or so, before then, it was working fine.

In anycase, and on topic, in general, video playback is working great.

If liberty means anything at all, it means the right to tell people what they do not want to hear.
George Orwell.
Go to top
Just popping in
Just popping in

See User information
@All

I start many Emotionplayers with 9 different movies at same time played from ssd harddrive.no slowdowns in framerate and only 15-20% of cpu was used.
Impressive stuffs...all movies 720p...
X5000 and RX580. NGFS filesystem..
Enhancher 2.2 are very impressive.😀👍
_---------------------------------------_
For me Amitube is best for youtube at moment with emotionplayer..720p..

AaaamiiigaOne X5000
(AmigaOS 4.1 FE)
Go to top
Quite a regular
Quite a regular

See User information
AmigaOne X1000 and Radeon RX graphics cards

contribution from goos»Today 12:32

But with a little hick hack I managed to get my RX 550 to run in the X1000 and I have to say the RX drivers from Enhancer 2.2 are running really well here. Whether 3D (the RX550 is just as fast as my R7 250x, which burns a lot more power) or video output, I can finally watch my 1080p 60 fps cell phone videos directly on the Amiga with 0% CPU load. :D

https://os4welt-de.translate.goog/view ... _tl=en&_x_tr_hl=en#p44923

Go to top
Quite a regular
Quite a regular

See User information
@Spectre660

This is kind of a big deal.

If liberty means anything at all, it means the right to tell people what they do not want to hear.
George Orwell.
Go to top
Site Builder
Site Builder

See User information
That's an excellent example where the community steps forward and provides solutions were the hardware creator isn't able to do. Thank you Spectre660 for sharing this. Great news indeed.

Follow me on
Ko-fi, Twitter, YouTube, Twitch
Go to top
Quite a regular
Quite a regular

See User information
@walkero

It has been rumored as possible for a few years now
but Goos's post is the first confirmation that anyone has
actually gotten it to work .

Go to top
Just popping in
Just popping in

See User information
😀 yes. While porting some stuff, he want to try more graphics power.
After playing around yesterday with serial output, today he came with a solution without extra devices.

I think i will buy a RX5560 and try it within the next weeks. I don‘t need to select boot partitions, just want to start AmigaOS.

Go to top
Not too shy to talk
Not too shy to talk

See User information
@AmigaKit
Why not a Radeon HD v5 driver on AmiStore when you release Enhancer 2.2 on AmiStore?.......................................................................

Going to Full HD VA.library is something I have wished for for a very long time now, guess I wait a bit more.. Refuse to order a DVD+shipping for a digital download link.........

You(and the Team) done good with Enhancer 2.2.
And face down on the finish line! WHY?

Edit: Hans is my Amiga HERO after Dave H, and I will always pay up for
what he code for graphic cards, and so will mostly the rest of the
AmigaOne community, so.. Unleash the driver on AmiStore please.

Edited by khayoz on 2022/8/17 18:35:38
Go to top

Register To Post