Login
Username:

Password:

Remember me

Lost Password?

Register now!

Sections

Who's Online
100 user(s) are online (62 user(s) are browsing Forums)

Members: 0
Guests: 100

more...

Headlines

Register To Post  

Member Introduction
Not too shy to talk
Not too shy to talk

See User information
I totally missed to do this, so here is the belated introduction. Born in Yugoslavia where I was introduced to the computers in early 80's, enjoyed all major European 8-bit computer systems, owned a C64 with 1541 drive, Amiga 500, Amiga 2000 and Amiga 1200 before moving to USA late(er) in life. This move and before that, professional need, was a distraction from my Amiga path so I start looking at Amiga emulation mid 2000's which was sort of satisfactory but it proved not enough. All classic systems I mentioned before were used for gaming and creative stuff, but I also enjoyed making AmigaDOS scripts and messing around with the system. I'll fast forward to the February 2018 when after long, long decision (it took me a couple of years), my X5000 system arrived. I was constantly gravitating between classic and NG and classic's were just getting more expensive and I did not want to spend that kind of money on 30 years old hardware. Curiosity towards new Amiga NG won and I never regreted getting one. Funny thing is, shortly after purchasing the X5000, I found a deal for A4000 which I could not miss so I got that one too. It was sort of working (battery damage) and after professional fixed that and re-capped the machine and PSU, I have two awesome systems sitting one next to the other on designated desk. I upgraded the A4000 with ZZ9000, ZZAX, FastATA and currently waiting on A3660 and SSD to arrive (will need new PSU for all this) any day now. This will complete my classic upgrade. For Amiga NG, I am planning to get better GFX and audio card and the system is used mostly for drawing (SketchBlock Pro with graphic tablet -- Thank you broadblues!), listening to music and playing games sometimes. Now, this was longer than I expected, but needed to say something, since 2018 when I started to lurk at first at this forum and latelly becoming an active participant.

Cheers!

Go to top
Re: Member Introduction
Home away from home
Home away from home

See User information
@levellord

better late than never so welcome aboard How do you like your FastaATA in your A4000? I'm still waiting for Elbox to send mine back to me after it couldn't get seen on my A4000 at all..even with no other cards on the zorro slot?? Hoping my new one comes soon

mancave-ramblings

Go to top
Quite a regular
Quite a regular

See User information
@levellord
As the song goes, "You can check out any time you like, but you can't never leave." *
Glad you came back and are still here with us!

*Eagles - Hotel California

AmigaOne X1000, uA1
Go to top
Just can't stay away
Just can't stay away

See User information
@levellord

yep, welcome aboard mate!!!!

Go to top
Quite a regular
Quite a regular

See User information
@levellord

Interesting Amiga history!!! I also began with an 8-Bit computer,the ZX Spectrum 48K+ and later came my first Amiga,that was the Amiga 500 that still works and use somedays,when I feel overpassed by the power of the AmigaOne X5000!!!

And Iove all my Amiga systems because is uniqueness and versatility!!!!!

Amiga 500 1MB Chip RAM with ACA 500+ACA1232,CD32,Amiga 1300 030/50 Mhz,32MB (now on my hands at least)and Amiga One G3 XE PPC 800 Mhz,ATI Radeon 9250 128 MB,256 MB RAM,Seagate 200 GB HD,2 working DVD drives,X-Arcade double for MAME,Sil0680,4 USB ports,LG
Go to top
Not too shy to talk
Not too shy to talk

See User information
Thank you all, much appreciated!

@328gts
I never did any testing and got FastATA pretty much right away when I fixed this system, so I can't compare. The installation was pretty simple and it is working without any issues, and that is good. I would say that I am happy with FastATA, just because of no problems, if that makes any sense.

Go to top
Home away from home
Home away from home

See User information
@levellord

yup makes perfect sense

mancave-ramblings

Go to top
Home away from home
Home away from home