Login
Username:

Password:

Remember me

Lost Password?

Register now!

Sections

Who's Online
124 user(s) are online (61 user(s) are browsing Forums)

Members: 1
Guests: 123

flash, more...

Headlines

Register To Post  

« 1 2 (3) 4 »
Re: AmigaInput Queston
Home away from home
Home away from home

See User information
@levellord

Quote:
Testing more games with AmigaInputAnywhere, appears that keyboard keys are randomly picked and not assigned to the corresponding buttons within AmigaInput.

confirmed... I'm checking.
I don't think its random, it just the wrong button from the config.

Quote:
"ERROR: Bad config not mouse or keboard event?"

Basically, its saying there no corresponding event to send.
There is a memory corruption bug there too, I’m fixing..

(NutsAboutAmiga)

Basilisk II for AmigaOS4
AmigaInputAnywhere
Excalibur
and other tools and apps.
Go to top
Not too shy to talk
Not too shy to talk

See User information
@LiveForIt

If you needs someone to test it for you, I can volunteer and will be more than happy to help. In the lack of the proper Amiga input prefs, I think AIA can step in as a great workaround, not to mention, you will make a lot of people happy.

Thanks for doing this!

Go to top
Home away from home
Home away from home

See User information
@levellord

Will be uploaded on OS4Depot when its ready, yep..
some one to actually write what is happening or not happing is helpful, often the problem we developer face is people saying its not working, and we have to guess what’s not working, sometimes bugs only show up only on someone else’s system, this is why in the next version there will be a debug option, you can enable, this hides debug text for common users, and allows people with problems to provide a bit more info.

(NutsAboutAmiga)

Basilisk II for AmigaOS4
AmigaInputAnywhere
Excalibur
Go to top
Home away from home
Home away from home

See User information
I got my hands on a Logitech gamepad F310 with usb cable. AmigaOS pops up a window when i insert the usb cable, with the correct name. But i can't configure it with amigainput. Any help would be welcome.

X5000
Go to top
Home away from home
Home away from home

See User information
@Antique

Some gamepads and joysticks use standard USB classes, other use vendor specific classes. I believe device names might have a standard query method.

(NutsAboutAmiga)

Basilisk II for AmigaOS4
AmigaInputAnywhere
Excalibur
Go to top
Not too shy to talk
Not too shy to talk

See User information
Hey @Antique

I don't think you can. I just snatched my kids F310 controller to see if all of the buttons are recognized correctly and they are, which is good. You can't assign buttons, but all of them will be present in your game. Only way to re-assign buttons is via AmigaInputAnywhere if the game can be played via keybord. Just wait for LiveForIt to fix it.

Oh yes, one more thing. If gamepad is not responsive in the game, don't forget to calibrate it in AmigaInput. Just follow the instructions during the calibration and save settings when done.

Go to top
Home away from home
Home away from home

See User information
@levellord

It's fixed, and its in the upload queue.
enjoy.

(NutsAboutAmiga)

Basilisk II for AmigaOS4
AmigaInputAnywhere
Excalibur
Go to top
Not too shy to talk
Not too shy to talk

See User information
Thanks so much for a quick update! I'll look into it tomorrow morning, if gets out of the queue. I have perfect game to test it out, jabirulo's shooter as it is hard to play on the keyboard. Will definitelly let you know if I find some issues.

Go to top
Not too shy to talk
Not too shy to talk

See User information
Hey @LiveForIt,

I've spent some time testing AIA and what can I tell, it works exactly as it is supposed to, thank you for that!

I've tested following games:

Heart of Darkness
Stunt Car Racer
Open Sonic
Friking Shark
Prototype
Shooter15 (jabirulo)

All of this games did not have joystick support and I could only play them on the keyboard. After setting up each game into the AIA, that was not a problem anymore.

When I initially started the AIA for the 1st time, something was off but I can't pinpoint exactly what happen. I used the InputTest to read the joystick and button assignments. It was reading them correctly but then I checked in the AmigaInput which did not show button presses or joystick movement (joystick was still present there). I did that after closing the AIA and if remember correclty it stated that joystick was released. After reseting the machine, I did not have any problems at all and I could not recreate this, so it might be something with the AmigaInput.

Of course, if I find any other issues, I'll let you now. Tested on X5000 and Mayflash Arcade FightStick F300.

You did a great job, thank you so much for this, it is really appreciated!

Go to top
Quite a regular
Quite a regular

See User information
@LiveForIt

Thank you for the update, I can confirm that it fixes the issue I was having.

If liberty means anything at all, it means the right to tell people what they do not want to hear.
George Orwell.
Go to top
Home away from home
Home away from home

See User information
@levellord and @rjd324

Thanks for the feedback, however this was just a quick fix, focusing on the main issues, I’m working on a minor update to another offset problem, as now the “Logitech Dual Action” might have some issues, with button mappings , this was the gamepad AIA was first developed for. Hopefully this should fixed every joypad / joystick so they work the same on AIA.

(NutsAboutAmiga)

Basilisk II for AmigaOS4
AmigaInputAnywhere
Excalibur
Go to top
Quite a regular
Quite a regular

See User information
@LiveForIt

I see you have released a new AmigaInputAnywhere version no?

Where can I download it?

With MAME 1.06 works perfectly except the 3rd button I think it is wrongly assigned to RIGHT )As it appears on MAME control configuration)

Where can I get the new Javirulo game?

Thanks a lot to all of you,WE ARE A GREAT COMMUNITY!!!

Amiga 500 1MB Chip RAM with ACA 500+ACA1232,CD32,Amiga 1300 030/50 Mhz,32MB (now on my hands at least)and Amiga One G3 XE PPC 800 Mhz,ATI Radeon 9250 128 MB,256 MB RAM,Seagate 200 GB HD,2 working DVD drives,X-Arcade double for MAME,Sil0680,4 USB ports,LG
Go to top
Home away from home
Home away from home

See User information
@MamePPCA1

I need to write release note, and maybe want to add few other things as well.

(NutsAboutAmiga)

Basilisk II for AmigaOS4
AmigaInputAnywhere
Excalibur
Go to top
Quite a regular
Quite a regular

See User information
@LiveForIt

OK but can you point me a link? What advantages does it have with previous version?

Checking new AIA could be great!!!

Amiga 500 1MB Chip RAM with ACA 500+ACA1232,CD32,Amiga 1300 030/50 Mhz,32MB (now on my hands at least)and Amiga One G3 XE PPC 800 Mhz,ATI Radeon 9250 128 MB,256 MB RAM,Seagate 200 GB HD,2 working DVD drives,X-Arcade double for MAME,Sil0680,4 USB ports,LG
Go to top
Not too shy to talk
Not too shy to talk

See User information
Hey @MamePPCA1

You can find new release of AIA on the OS4Depot. Advantages are that it is working great! :)

Go to top
Quite a regular
Quite a regular

See User information
@levellord

OK I have just downloaded minutes ago and I will try later.

Go to top
Not too shy to talk
Not too shy to talk

See User information
@LiveForIt

AIA: Not an error, just FYI. I spotted a misspelled word "devce" instead of "device" in the AIA output window.

Resized Image

Go to top
Site Builder
Site Builder

See User information
@LiveForIt
I tried yesterday the latest AIA release and there is a "Got joystick event" message at the output repeating itself. Is there a way to disable that output?

Also, there seems to get a movement to the right, even when I do not do it. AmigaInput doesn't see that movement but AIA does. That is not constant though.

Finally, in the latest version there seems to be the source available, but not all of it. Is this intentional or done by mistake?

Follow me on
Ko-fi, Twitter, YouTube, Twitch
Go to top
Home away from home
Home away from home

See User information
@walkero

That old repo served no purpose, some depends to some old stuff was not required, it pushed out in hurry, it was buggy, And I was always worried about code possible being misused, so I have now removed it, no one worked on it the time it was public, so its not going to be missed.

(NutsAboutAmiga)

Basilisk II for AmigaOS4
AmigaInputAnywhere
Excalibur
Go to top
Site Builder
Site Builder

See User information
@LiveForeIt
Thank you for the clarification. Do you prepare a new release without the debug output?

I need it to beat the rest of the guys at the Blastaway :D :D :D

Follow me on
Ko-fi, Twitter, YouTube, Twitch
Go to top

Register To Post
« 1 2 (3) 4 »