Login
Username:

Password:

Remember me

Lost Password?

Register now!

Sections

Who's Online
101 user(s) are online (57 user(s) are browsing Forums)

Members: 1
Guests: 100

TheMagicSN, more...

Headlines

Register To Post  

« 1 ... 3 4 5 (6) 7 »
Re: Amigans.net 2022 updates
Just popping in
Just popping in

See User information
@walkero
I noticed my signature, albeit configured since ever, does not show up on new posts of mine. As I did not change anything in my settings, maybe this is a bug in the new site software?

Go to top
Site Builder
Site Builder

See User information
@kas1e and @cyborg
Thank you so much for your reports. I will check all of them today and try to fix the issues. I will let you know with future posts.

Follow me on
Ko-fi, Twitter, YouTube, Twitch
Go to top
Site Builder
Site Builder

See User information
@cyborg
Can you please reply to me here and see if the signature is added? I think this problem happened to everyone when you created new posts. If someone finds not working for him, please tell me so.

Follow me on
Go to top
Just popping in
Just popping in

See User information
Yes, working fine again, thanks :)

AmigaOS 4 core developer
www.os4welt.de - Die deutsche AmigaOS 4 Gemeinschaft

"In the beginning was CAOS.."
-- Andy Finkel, 1988 (ViewPort article, Oct. 1993)
Go to top
Home away from home
Home away from home

See User information
@George
Issue with images : i think my image just drops to the "backdrops" instead of "screenshoots" and so there i can see it.

Through, other issues all still here.

1. If i hit on https://www.amigans.net/modules/myalbum/index.php (so on image "amigans images"), then i dond't see my image in the Latest Listings, instead there some old one from Alfkil.

2. Will be good to have ability to press on "main" when we inside of the any subdirectory. For example, we choose "amiga screenshots", and we have at top : Main: AmigaOS Screenshoot. The AmigaOS Screenshot can be pressed, but "main" can be not. While it will be tasty, to be able to come back to the begining. Because as it now, the only way to jump to the "root" of images it's to hit "Amigans images" banner.

Join us to improve dopus5!
AmigaOS4 on youtube
Go to top
Site Builder
Site Builder

See User information
@kas1e
Quote:
i think my image just drops to the "backdrops" instead of "screenshoots" and so there i can see it.

Just moved it to screenshots

Quote:
1. If i hit on https://www.amigans.net/modules/myalbum/index.php (so on image "amigans images"), then i dond't see my image in the Latest Listings, instead there some old one from Alfkil.

To see a list of your images you have to go to "Images > My photos" on the left menu. Click on "Images" first so that the submenu appears

Quote:
2. Will be good to have ability to press on "main" when we inside of the any subdirectory.

You are right, but I would like to change that breadcrumb to match the others from the forum. Then I will have it working as you describe.

Follow me on
Go to top
Home away from home
Home away from home

See User information
@walkero

I have one more issue that is bothering me for years (though it wasn't introduced or is worse since the new update).

The [ code ] pair quoting.

Whenever i copy&paste a code snippet from the browser directly into e.g. Notepad, Multieditor etc. and let it compile it will throw one stray 240 error on *every* SPACE there was in the code snippet.

I have to manually remove every SPACE and redo it in the editor.
Why is that? And could it be cured?

Now that i think about it, could it be the "editor" used in Odyssey that causes this?
Maybe even the MUI part behind the "editor"?

People are dying.
Entire ecosystems are collapsing.
We are in the beginning of a mass extinction.
And all you can talk about is money and fairytales of eternal economic growth.
How dare you!
– Greta Thunberg
Go to top
Site Builder
Site Builder

See User information
@Raziel
In the code area, every space has a   instead of plain space, which is the HTML equivalent of no breakable space. This helps to have the code aligned and not wrappable.

Have you tried other browsers to see if there is a different behaviour?

In my opinion, when you copy a text online the browser should take care of it, and change these characters to spaces. Maybe we could patch Odyssey to do it by default.

Follow me on
Go to top
Home away from home
Home away from home

See User information
@walkero

Would it be possible to enhance the "photo" upload limitations?

Right now it's
Max pixel size 1920 x 1080
Max file size(byte) 400000

My WB screen is much larger at takes much more bytes.

Probably more aimed at orgin?
I know server space is expensive to maybe add some sort of tip jar to the site?

People are dying.
How dare you!
– Greta Thunberg
Go to top
Site Builder
Site Builder

See User information
@Raziel
Sorry for my late reply. I just doubled the size to 800kb. Hope it is enough. Always prefer to upload jpg files.

Quote:
I know server space is expensive to maybe add some sort of tip jar to the site?

Thank you for thinking about it. There is no need to donate about the hosting. Please consider donating to organizations that help refugees of war.

Follow me on
Go to top
Home away from home
Home away from home

See User information
@walkero

Thank you, but what about the pixel size? Still limited to 1920x1080? At least 2560x1440 would be nice (maybe even UHD?)

People are dying.
How dare you!
– Greta Thunberg
Go to top
Site Builder
Site Builder

See User information
@Raziel
Since this kind of resolution is not the standard yet, I would say that the 1080p is fine for now, and I am afraid that you need to resize your screenshots to that.

Follow me on
Go to top
Home away from home
Home away from home

See User information
@walkero

k, thank you

People are dying.
How dare you!
– Greta Thunberg
Go to top
Just popping in
Just popping in

See User information
@walkero

Is there anything that can be done about the formatting of threads like this one: https://www.amigans.net/modules/newbb/viewtopic.php?topic_id=8871?

Unless you've got a reeeaaallly wide screen monitor it's difficult to follow the thread.

Maybe a horizontal scroller on the source code box, similar to the vertical one? Or at least get the message text to be properly left-justified.

Go to top
Site Builder
Site Builder

See User information
@msteed
I don't see any problem on that page. Maybe is the browser I am using. What browser do you use to visit amigans?

Follow me on
Go to top
Not too shy to talk
Not too shy to talk

See User information
Hi @walkero

While I can confirm everything works fine in Firefox, this is how I see some of the threads in the Odyssey:

Resized Image

I did not notice this happening before and I believe I actually start seeing this in this thread for the first time: "Project : Compiling Vanilla-Conquer (C&C) for AmigaOS4 - Help needed"

I am not sure if this is browser or site related.

Thanks!

Go to top
Just popping in
Just popping in

See User information
@walkero

Quote:
What browser do you use to visit amigans?

I use Odyssey. IBrowse also exhibits the problem, though it does not have the source code in a scrollable box.

@levellord

I have seen very wide pages before when source code quoting is used. But this particular thread also has the message text far away from the left edge of the page, which is something new. Perhaps triggered by the great width of some of the source code quotes (message 11, in particular).

Go to top
Just can't stay away
Just can't stay away

See User information
@msteed

Yes, I confirm both of your observations (with Odyssey).

Although I've seen the problem earlier with the over-wide pages, I've never seen it extend as far as in these recent threads. And I've also never before seen the issue with the regular post text starting far to the right.

So either the latter issue is something that starts happening only at a certain page width, or it is really something new.

But probably the right place to solve it would be if Odyssey could learn to use word-wrap in the boxes and therefore not extend the page width. Don't know if that's realistic?

Best regards,

Niels

Go to top
Not too shy to talk
Not too shy to talk

See User information
@msteed

You are correct, I did not paid any attention on the horizontal slider and when source code is used, everything will be shifted to the far right. I thought I am seeing a blank entries just because when I checked Amigans in the Firefox, everything looked normal. Thanks!

Go to top
Just popping in
Just popping in

See User information
@nbache

Quote:
But probably the right place to solve it would be if Odyssey could learn to use word-wrap in the boxes and therefore not extend the page width.

I think the lack of wordwrap is intentional, as it would mess up the source code formatting and make it both hard to read, and hard to copy and paste. Check out OS4 Coding for examples of source code with wordwrap.

The vertical height of a source code box is limited to a reasonable value, and if the code is longer than that, it gets a vertical scroller. It should work the same way for the width of the box, which would both avoid the very wide pages, and preserve the source formatting. You'd still have to scroll back and forth to read long source lines, but at least the accompanying message text would be easily readable.

@walkero

I also notice that when the page with the problem thread is first loaded the message text is at the left, and the source code boxes have horizontal scrollers. But after a second or so the page refreshes (perhaps when it finishes loading) and takes on its problematic form. There isn't time before the refresh to scroll around and see what else is different.

Go to top

Register To Post
« 1 ... 3 4 5 (6) 7 »