Login
Username:

Password:

Remember me

Lost Password?

Register now!

Sections

Who's Online
107 user(s) are online (58 user(s) are browsing Forums)

Members: 2
Guests: 105

VooDoo, balaton, more...

Headlines

Register To Post  

OS4 fe internet problem
Not too shy to talk
Not too shy to talk

See User information
Some reason all "modernish" web browsers stopped to work with my OS4 system, because of that I reinstalled it. I just did clean install of OS, updated it, installed newest versions of AmiSSL and Netsurf. Odyssey is not lattes, but MUI is. It didn't solve internet problem.

Netsurf just rapidly loading, fetching and Odysseu "sending request".

https://youtu.be/JyAbCiMkclc

IBrowse, FTP etc works just fine, so this must be something with AmiSSL???

OS4 is connected to internet with wire, but I also tried with Atheros WIFI card. Result is same.

Go to top
Re: OS4 fe internet problem
Amigans Defender
Amigans Defender

See User information
Did you download the latest Odissey version? It has the latest ssl certs installed. And remember that Odissey doesn't use AmiSSL

i'm really tired...
Go to top
Not too shy to talk
Not too shy to talk

See User information
With lattest Odyssey I get "ICU files are missing. Please update properly".

AmiUpdater doesn give me answer, so where I can get those ICU files?

Go to top
Amigans Defender
Amigans Defender

See User information
did you overwrite the existent installation or you use a new dir? You should use a new directory

i'm really tired...
Go to top
Not too shy to talk
Not too shy to talk

See User information
AmigaOS 4.1fe, updated + latest Odyssey from kas1e (os4depot) works perfectly on my X1000, Pegasos 2 and Sam440ep-flex.
This webpage loaded during second.

As said afxgroup, try clean installation of Odyssey, maybe you have there some old scripts or some misconfiguration.

AmigaOS3: Amiga 1200
AmigaOS4: Micro A1-C, AmigaOne XE, Pegasos II, Sam440ep, Sam440ep-flex, AmigaOne X1000
MorphOS: Efika 5200b, Pegasos I, Pegasos II, Powerbook, Mac Mini, iMac, Powermac Quad
Go to top
Not too shy to talk
Not too shy to talk

See User information
All sorted now.

Is it possible, that these programs require Enchancer software from AEON? Both started to work after I installed it, or is this just "amiga demon" like a thing?

Go to top
Not too shy to talk
Not too shy to talk

See User information
No, they don't need Enhancer.
On Pegasos 2 it works without Enhancer, on X1000 and Sam440ep-flex with.

AmigaOS4: Micro A1-C, AmigaOne XE, Pegasos II, Sam440ep, Sam440ep-flex, AmigaOne X1000
MorphOS: Efika 5200b, Pegasos I, Pegasos II, Powerbook, Mac Mini, iMac, Powermac Quad
Go to top
Just popping in
Just popping in

See User information
@sailor

Replying to your question on the Hyperion forums:
Uboot 1.1.1 Mar 3, 2005 is the latest.
The confusion around March 3 vs March 5 is merely release date of the March 3 version.

I see you mention V1.2? for your Micro.
There is NO official release V1.2.
You might wish to ask if others know of any issues with this version, which -was- experimental but nevertheless installed on some machines back then .

Best wishes,

Edit: change "was likely" to definite "was"

Go to top
Not too shy to talk
Not too shy to talk

See User information
@number6

thank you!
It means, I have latest official firmware on my AmigaOne XE. So I leave it untouched.

On Micro I receive U-Boot 1.2.0 flashed in ROM. I don't know if previous owner did it, it was buyed "for parts".
Anyway, it works allmost fine for me, I had difficulties with SATA controllers here, now I booting via SDcard on IDE with /Kickstart only directory and complete System: is on SATA Sii3512.
But I know Micro have sometimes difficulties with PCI cards, so I don't know if the reason is PCI or U-Boot.
Maybe is better use last official U-Boot, who knows ...

I know that 1.2.0 is experimental. Same as 1.1.4, which is on some machines.

Go to top
Just popping in
Just popping in

See User information
@sailor

"for parts"
That makes sense since the experimental uboot was installed by someone who was doing repairs on Eyetech AmigaOnes.

One of the Friedens gave some advice during the last uboot update for the Eyetech AmigaOnes. Basically if you were not experiencing problems you need not update.
I think this advice held true for the Micros in particular, since no two Micros were alike.
You have FX processor? Most had GX.

So, unless someone posts here indicating possible issues using your V1.2 on the Micro with your configuration, I don't think you need consider rolling back to an earlier version of uboot that was official.

Go to top
Just popping in
Just popping in

See User information
@sailor

I see another of your postings on Hyperion's forum:
"I tried many graphic cards (PCI, AGP, PCI-e) in PCI slot, because onboard Radeon 7500 have only 32MB, which is big limitation."

Micro only came with Radeon 7000. Did you really have a 7500?

And as you discovered, you can not replace the graphics. In fact that "2nd" uboot mentioned might have been the one that was a tradeoff that allowed for a graphics card, but you lost other things like USB etc. Therefore it too was never issued officially.

Regarding your posting about reversing the XE "fix", I suggest an XE owner should respond. Basically the "fix" was ruled not the best of ideas in the end.

Go to top

Register To Post