Login
Username:

Password:

Remember me

Lost Password?

Register now!

Sections

Who's Online
56 user(s) are online (33 user(s) are browsing Forums)

Members: 2
Guests: 54

bigmac, joerg, more...

Headlines

Register To Post  

Wanted Eyetech AmigaOne XE
Not too shy to talk
Not too shy to talk

See User information
Hello,

I am searching for working Eyetech AmigaOne XE without DMA fix. Preferrably with G4, but G3 (750GX) is also possible.
It can be morherboard+CPUcard only, or with RAM, PCI cards, AmigaOS, etc., or complete system.

Regards

AmigaOS3: Amiga 1200
AmigaOS4: Micro A1-C, AmigaOne XE, Pegasos II, Sam440ep, Sam440ep-flex, AmigaOne X1000
MorphOS: Efika 5200b, Pegasos I, Pegasos II, Powerbook, Mac Mini, iMac, Powermac Quad
Go to top
Re: Wanted Eyetech AmigaOne XE
Just popping in
Just popping in

See User information
Hello sailer, why do you want an Amiga One XE without DMA fix?
Would´nt with dma fix better?

Go to top
Not too shy to talk
Not too shy to talk

See User information
@Evillord68

Not if you intend to use to use a PCIe card since you have to disable IDE DMA and USB on a "fixed" AmigaONE XE. Alan Redhouse advised against applying the fix warning there may be unforseen consequences. This is the unforseen consequence.

Go to top
Not too shy to talk
Not too shy to talk

See User information
@Thread

Just unsolder the DMA fix if you want to and call it a day!

1989-> A500, A600, A3000, A4000, A1200, CD32, µA1, PegII, A1XE, CDTV, Amy/416D79, A1X5000, Vampire 500 V2+, Vampire 600 V2, Amy-ITX, Denise ITX <-2024
Go to top
Not too shy to talk
Not too shy to talk

See User information
Maybe fixed one is also convenient, but with G4 CPU only.

@khayoz
do you know exactly, how to un-fix it? Is is not only unsolding the wires, but also solding of some interruptions.

AmigaOS4: Micro A1-C, AmigaOne XE, Pegasos II, Sam440ep, Sam440ep-flex, AmigaOne X1000
MorphOS: Efika 5200b, Pegasos I, Pegasos II, Powerbook, Mac Mini, iMac, Powermac Quad
Go to top
Quite a regular
Quite a regular

See User information
@sailor

I've got (fixed) mb/G4 CPU, copper pipe cooling fan for CPU, 2 GB of matched memory that functioned well, several 1 TB SATA drives, a smaller PATA drive, PATA CD-ROM, CatWeasel MK 2 "Flipper" with Teac floppy, probably still some more pieces. SiI Sata cards. Might still have the NEC USB 2.0 card.

You can have it for cost of shipping from USA. But, to be honest, I suspect that the Mai chip on the mb might be flaky. Toward the end I was having trouble with it not consistently recognizing hard drives.

Paul

Builder of Frankenthousand The monster A1000
The Young Frankenthousand A1-XE G4
X5000
Go to top
Not too shy to talk
Not too shy to talk

See User information
@Paul
It sounds great. Thanks. I will send you PM.

Go to top
Quite a regular
Quite a regular

See User information
@sailor

See your inbox

Paul

Builder of Frankenthousand The monster A1000
The Young Frankenthousand A1-XE G4
X5000
Go to top
Not too shy to talk
Not too shy to talk

See User information

1989-> A500, A600, A3000, A4000, A1200, CD32, µA1, PegII, A1XE, CDTV, Amy/416D79, A1X5000, Vampire 500 V2+, Vampire 600 V2, Amy-ITX, Denise ITX <-2024
Go to top
Not too shy to talk
Not too shy to talk

See User information
@khayoz
thank you. Only I still don't know, howto remove the fix. And if it is possible.
There are additional wires - it can be removed, of course, but there are also "cutted a couple of tracks" which can be restored. And it is problem - which tracks?
If somebody have documentation to "DMA fix"...

So this the reason I still search for AmigaOneXE without DMA fix.

Go to top
Home away from home
Home away from home

See User information
@sailor

Take from another thread...(bad quality pictures, not mine though), maybe it helps a bit?

Resized Image
Resized Image

People are dying.
Entire ecosystems are collapsing.
We are in the beginning of a mass extinction.
And all you can talk about is money and fairytales of eternal economic growth.
How dare you!
– Greta Thunberg
Go to top
Not too shy to talk
Not too shy to talk

See User information
@Raziel
thak you, it helps with identifying of added wires.
But we also have to identify all cutted tracks, and here the photos not help.
And is a question, if is even good idea to unfix fixed motherboard.
For sure I will try it, if I find somewhere complete documentation.

But still is better idea to buy not-fixed AmigaOne XE.

Go to top
Quite a regular
Quite a regular

See User information
@sailor

Hello my friends,truly Amiga friends and users.

Well I have an Amiga One XE,a very special one that I want to repair sooner or later.It has the HD damaged but no problem it will be fixed or I mean it can.

What I want to say to you is that if a good offer eviscerates maybe I can sell it to you,but I prefer to repair.

Is in your hands or in your mind.I really don't know what to do with.

My greek Amiga friend Morphix (that we both love too true Heavy Metal,specially 80s) fixed top to me in between 2014-2015 but now is out of touch on a country on Spain,yes the Amiga One XE is on Leon's province,Castilla Y Leòn (Spain)

Anyway if you want to buy it just make and offer and I will study over it.

That's all

Regards from Spain

Any Heavy Metal fan here at amigans? Come on tell me!!!!

Amiga 500 1MB Chip RAM with ACA 500+ACA1232,CD32,Amiga 1300 030/50 Mhz,32MB (now on my hands at least)and Amiga One G3 XE PPC 800 Mhz,ATI Radeon 9250 128 MB,256 MB RAM,Seagate 200 GB HD,2 working DVD drives,X-Arcade double for MAME,Sil0680,4 USB ports,LG
Go to top
Quite a regular
Quite a regular

See User information
@sailor

Hello my friends,truly Amiga friends and users.

Well I have an Amiga One XE,a very special one that I want to repair sooner or later.It has the HD damaged but no problem it will be fixed or I mean it can.

What I want to say to you is that if a good offer eviscerates maybe I can sell it to you,but I prefer to repair.

Is in your hands or in your mind.I really don't know what to do with.

My greek Amiga friend Morphix (that we both love too true Heavy Metal,specially 80s) fixed top to me in between 2014-2015 but now is out of touch on a country on Spain,yes the Amiga One XE is on Leon's province,Castilla Y Leòn (Spain)

Anyway if you want to buy it just make and offer and I will study over it.

That's all

Regards from Spain

Any Heavy Metal fan here at amigans? Come on tell me!!!!

Thank you for hearing my sermons hahahaha here.Is a simple joke

Bye

And don't forget that the Amiga has no still said it last words

Edited by MamePPCA1 on 2022/2/6 12:56:51
Amiga 500 1MB Chip RAM with ACA 500+ACA1232,CD32,Amiga 1300 030/50 Mhz,32MB (now on my hands at least)and Amiga One G3 XE PPC 800 Mhz,ATI Radeon 9250 128 MB,256 MB RAM,Seagate 200 GB HD,2 working DVD drives,X-Arcade double for MAME,Sil0680,4 USB ports,LG
Go to top
Not too shy to talk
Not too shy to talk

See User information
eviscerates?

Go to top
Not too shy to talk
Not too shy to talk

See User information
@MamePPCA1
Thanks for uncommon interesting answer.
I will send you some questions by PM. Thanks.
P.S. I am fan of heavymetal (besides others)

@NinjaCyborg
Probably google translator.

Go to top

Register To Post