Login
Username:

Password:

Remember me

Lost Password?

Register now!

Sections

Who's Online
157 user(s) are online (91 user(s) are browsing Forums)

Members: 0
Guests: 157

more...

Headlines

Register To Post  

« 1 (2)
Re: Trouble with Nightlong
Just popping in
Just popping in

See User information
@AmigaMark
I have Nightlong as well but never managed to get it to run without graphics corruption on my sam440ep mini-itx system.

I have installed all the files listed in Helge's blog as well in the past without any luck.

It interesting to see screen shots have no graphics corruption so I will need to give Nightlong another go with all the current OS4.1 Updates downloaded and installed and see if that helps.

I don't think the warpOS emulator library is stable on newer OS4 systems as all the other classic WarpOS software I have also tends to crash so you may have more luck with the 68k executables than the PPC ones.

You can find the 68k game update here http://www.amigafuture.de/downloads.p ... 799e987e316c79215478ab486

and the PPC one here http://www.amigafuture.de/downloads.php?view=detail&df_id=505

But I would try the 68k version fist and see how you get on.

Sam440ep 667mhz 512megs OS4.1 + Minimig, 4MB RAM, ARM add-on board
WinUae 2.3.2, OS 3.9, BB2, Catweasel MkIV
Amiga 1200, BlizzardPPC 060/200 with SCSI, mediatorSX, Voodoo3, pci lan
Go to top
Just popping in
Just popping in

See User information
Version 1.1 PPC was the most stable when I last tested,but lots of things have changed since then so maybe version 1.2 may now work correctly on my set-up.

Go to top
Just popping in
Just popping in

See User information
delshay please answer my PM, thanks!

Amiga - still alive & kickin'!
Go to top
Home away from home
Home away from home

See User information
@All
Was anybody lately run nightlong on x5000? The maximum I have now is the ability to run the 68k version patched to 1.2. Only in this version on running, i can choose "Board:0 640x480", so once i start it, the game at least renders, etc. Through the main person was a bit messed with trashy pixels around.

I also installed this:
http://aminet.net/driver/video/rtgmaster_user.lha
then on top of this os4fix:
http://os4depot.net/share/driver/graphics/rtgmaster-os4fix.lha

Was anybody lucky enough to run warpos versions of it? If so, how do you set the correct screen mode for?

The PPC version has visuall mess on the screen, probably because of not having necessary screen modes listed, dunno

Edited by kas1e on 2021/12/19 19:11:54
Edited by kas1e on 2021/12/19 19:16:47
Join us to improve dopus5!
AmigaOS4 on youtube
Go to top
Home away from home
Home away from home

See User information
@kas1e

The last time i was able to run it under AmigaOS4.0x was on my XE.

iirc you *had* to set WB resolution to 16bit (all tricks to promote the game to a 16bit screen failed).

I tried the same lately under AmigaOS4.1x to no avail...something must have changed in the OS which killed the possibility

People are dying.
Entire ecosystems are collapsing.
We are in the beginning of a mass extinction.
And all you can talk about is money and fairytales of eternal economic growth.
How dare you!
– Greta Thunberg
Go to top
Home away from home
Home away from home

See User information
@Raziel
It is strange that when i run 68k 1.2 patched binary, i have at top of the screen mode choice not only "PAL: 640x480" modes, but also "Board 0: 640x512 RGB16PC" and "Board 0: 640x480 RGB16PC". So it kind of works ok and renders (just a character in mess a bit).

But when i run the WarpOS version, I didn't have those 2 entries in screenmodes only a bunch of Pal ones.

AmigaOS4 on youtube
Go to top
Just popping in
Just popping in

See User information

Go to top
Home away from home
Home away from home

See User information
@amig_os
Yeah, used them already, and still haven't in the PPC version be it "PPCbig" or "PPCsmall"a list of my modes, only Pal ones. While in patched 68k version 2 more modes here. Also demos from rtg archive (even ppc one) show me my "Board: 0" modes fine..

ps. thanks for heretic2 updates

AmigaOS4 on youtube
Go to top
Home away from home
Home away from home

See User information
@All
After reading all the threads about nightlong on os4 there and in google, it seems that for most users there are no video modes shown in screen requester for PPC versions but only Pal ones, so they use the 68k 1.2 version.

I use that one as well but have some strange trashy pixels around the main person (which didn't disappear even if i disable composition and switch to 16bit wb). See:

https://youtu.be/aeun2RnI6gI

So to just play a game as it is expected to be, it's enough to understand from where those trashy pixels come and how to fix them.

But what is better, is to understand why the PPC version didn't show a list of the necessary modes (see begining of the video). Because bigPPC version is interesting to use due to fullscreen movies.

Maybe it is possible to somehow cheat those "fakenative" modes, i.e. those Pal ones, so they will produce something and not mess and the PPC version can be used?

AmigaOS4 on youtube
Go to top

Register To Post
« 1 (2)