Login
Username:

Password:

Remember me

Lost Password?

Register now!

Sections

Who's Online
140 user(s) are online (115 user(s) are browsing Forums)

Members: 2
Guests: 138

walkero, MartinW, more...

Headlines

Register To Post  

Genesi officially lost Amiga license Aug 1st
Amigans Defender
Amigans Defender

See User information
Looking back at an old Genesi posting we can see Genesi has officially lost all their rights as of August 1st to use any Amiga trademarks as a result of their now terminated contract with Amiga Inc.

From the recent court case filings we know for a fact Amiga Inc. Delaware owns those trademarks. We also know Amiga Inc. has a rather large pile of lawyers ready and willing to take action. Now that the Kent deal fell through they can use that extra cash (assuming it existed of course) to try and take down Genesi for infringement if they felt like it. This at a time when Genesi is trying to get some business started with their fledgling Efika product line (I just can't imagine their cash flow could be positive at this point).

Will Genesi comply?

After a quick check I can still see the "Amiga Digital Environment: A future for the Amiga Community" on Genesi's Power Developer web site. Seems complying isn't something Genesi is planning on doing at this point in time.

Is yet another lawsuit on its way against Genesi?

P.S. How is that for Too Hot to Handle!

ExecSG Team Lead
Go to top
Re: Genesi officially lost Amiga license Aug 1st
Not too shy to talk
Not too shy to talk

See User information
@ssolie

Quote:

ssolie wrote:
Looking back at an old Genesi posting we can see Genesi has officially lost all their rights as of August 1st to use any Amiga trademarks as a result of their now terminated contract with Amiga Inc.

From the recent court case filings we know for a fact Amiga Inc. Delaware owns those trademarks. We also know Amiga Inc. has a rather large pile of lawyers ready and willing to take action. Now that the Kent deal fell through they can use that extra cash (assuming it existed of course) to try and take down Genesi for infringement if they felt like it. This at a time when Genesi is trying to get some business started with their fledgling Efika product line (I just can't imagine their cash flow could be positive at this point).

Will Genesi comply?

After a quick check I can still see the "Amiga Digital Environment: A future for the Amiga Community" on Genesi's Power Developer web site. Seems complying isn't something Genesi is planning on doing at this point in time.

Is yet another lawsuit on its way against Genesi?

P.S. How is that for Too Hot to Handle!

maybe they will keep it up there until they get a cease and desist from AInc lawyers but I think they(the lawyers) are a little bit busy at the moment

This Puny World will bow down to
Professor Chaos
Prepare for the greatest Villan you have ever seen!!
Go to top
Just popping in
Just popping in

See User information
Looks like the Cold War policy of MAD taken to its logical conclusion.

Go to top
Amigans Defender
Amigans Defender

See User information
A week later and Genesi still has done nothing on their PowerDeveloper.org web site.

ExecSG Team Lead
Go to top
Not too shy to talk
Not too shy to talk

See User information
@ssolie

You're forgetting something: Only Amiga, Inc. is ever capable of doing anything wrong, and if someone does anything against Amiga, Inc. their motives and actions are immediately and permanently excused because only Amiga, Inc. is ever capable of doing anything wrong.

Smiley not forgotten.

For those who are brave enough to want to know me better, visit
my Home Page, my Storefront, and blogsey
Go to top
Not too shy to talk
Not too shy to talk

See User information
I don't know why Genesi still care about the Amiga name. Maybe they do it only because they like to nag and tease Amiga Inc about it. Maybe they do it because of their history when they tried but failed to buy Amiga.

Today the reputation of the Amiga name is getting more and more damaged and I doubt it is worth anything. Otherwise some company would have bought them to use the name, just look at Commodore.
Sometimes I wish that the name will be buried for good and that everything we remember about it is only in the past and happened before 1994. Today, the name sometimes seems like a rotten corpse to me that someone dug out only to torture it.
Maybe they or Hyperion should find a new name and everyone should stop caring about trademarks. The name is cursed.

Go to top

Register To Post