Login
Username:

Password:

Remember me

Lost Password?

Register now!

Sections

Who's Online
110 user(s) are online (66 user(s) are browsing Forums)

Members: 0
Guests: 110

more...

Headlines

Register To Post  

(1) 2 »
python3.8 AmigaOS4 in development
Not too shy to talk
Not too shy to talk

See User information
@all

Amigasoft.net shared a screenshot of Python3.8 for AmigaOS4 on his facebook page.

https://ibb.co/64dCfmK

Sinan - AmigaOS4 Beta-Tester
- AmigaOne X5000
- AmigaOne A1222
- Sam460ex
Go to top
Re: python3.8 AmigaOS4 in development
Site Builder
Site Builder

See User information
OMG... that's awesome.... that will be one of the best news I heard lately.

Follow me on
Ko-fi, Twitter, YouTube, Twitch
Go to top
Not too shy to talk
Not too shy to talk

See User information
Will be grateful for his collaboration with existing Python team. Anyone got email for him?

Go to top
Not too shy to talk
Not too shy to talk

See User information
Thats fantastic!!!

AmigaOne X5000 -> 2GHz / 16GB RAM / Radeon RX 550 / ATI X1950 / M-Audio 5.1 -> AmigaOS 4.1 FE / Linux / MorphOS
Amiga 1200 -> Recapped / 68ec020 ACA 1221ec / CF HDD / RetroNET connected to the NET
Vampire V4SE TrioBoot
RPI4 AmiKit XE
Go to top
Just popping in
Just popping in

See User information
Any place to grab code for testing?

Go to top
Amigans Defender
Amigans Defender

See User information
Well, it is a port i've made to test my new clib2 and the shared objects (plus tons of other changes).
It is working. It seems to work. For example cmath module is using the .so object and the new complex functions into clib2.
There are some modules to add. However with new newlib changes should be easy to recompile it too.
Mine was a test to see if dlopen/dlsym was working correctly and allow me to test my changes
If it will work correctly i'll release it.
However, a newlib version should be better IMHO

i'm really tired...
Go to top
Not too shy to talk
Not too shy to talk

See User information
We have assembled collaborators to maintain python2 and python3 for all 4 amigoid platforms with goal of common code base. It will be great if you can collaborate.

You mention new newlib, is that another one of those things os4 devs clique has had for years that mere muggles are not blessed with?

Go to top
Amigans Defender
Amigans Defender

See User information
with my clib2 version i've recompiled all .so python files. To avoid clash with os files (and not only) recompile it with newlib would be the best solution.
And i don't know what do you mean with maintain versions. I didn't change any line of code in current python version.
Just passed the correct parameters to configure file because every problem I found into python is fixed it into clib2. So no specific OS4 code

i'm really tired...
Go to top
Not too shy to talk
Not too shy to talk

See User information
That's great that you can build it from unmodified sources. Big achievement. Surely you must have a config file you've modified, or does it even work with the autoconfig correctly?

Go to top
Just popping in
Just popping in

See User information
Nice. I have been wanting this for ages. Python 2.7 has been useless to me for years now.

Go to top
Home away from home
Home away from home

See User information
@afxgroup

Just curious...does python3.8 support the Cython superset?
And would it be possible to add/port that too?

Thank you

Great News btw

People are dying.
Entire ecosystems are collapsing.
We are in the beginning of a mass extinction.
And all you can talk about is money and fairytales of eternal economic growth.
How dare you!
– Greta Thunberg
Go to top
Just popping in
Just popping in

See User information
Love it! Where can I send some beer money to encourage the project?

Go to top
Just popping in
Just popping in

See User information
@afxgroup

Great work! There's a gcc 10.2.0 now BTW. Bleeding edge

Go to top
Home away from home
Home away from home

See User information
AmigaOS python that comes with OS is heavily adapted to be 'Amiga like' with support for Amiga style paths and several os based modules much more under the bonnet. Buiding a loonixy python is easy (no disrespect to afxgroup). Getting the amiga stuff patched in is more of a job.

Getting clib2 shared objects working is quite cool. Though I shudder at the idea of managing two sets of incompatable shared objectrs. I wonder if it migth be a good idea to use a different suffix? .c2so perhaps?

For perl I made it's modules use .pso

Go to top
Home away from home
Home away from home

See User information
@NinjaCyborg

Quote:

You mention new newlib, is that another one of those things os4 devs clique has had for years that mere muggles are not blessed with?

Newlib has been part of the OS since absolutely ages, it was a updated with the recent Update 2 + hotfix release.

Go to top
Amigans Defender
Amigans Defender

See User information
@broadblues

if you mean use c2so for python could make sense but change the default .so suffix is a problem because you should change all configure files.. and it is a pain
Regard the amiga paths i have to check because lunix now is enabled by default and into libc should do all the work internally i suppose. but i didn't check

i'm really tired...
Go to top
Home away from home
Home away from home

See User information
@afxgroup

Configure files work out shared object extenstions by themselves, or at least as an option, Windoze doesn't use .so but .dll for example

Normally ofcouse (in a linux system ) there is only one runtime C library at any time so there is no issue.

WRT paths etc in python. There is a whole abstraction api in os.path, a lot of the python code in the library needs the amiga specific stuff adding / updating for the more recent for version.

Go to top
Home away from home
Home away from home

See User information
@afxgroup

Quote:

lunix now is enabled by default

That's areally bad idea, it was kept seperate to enable use for both AmigaOS programs and unix ports. Does that mean path translation is on by default? How can you tell if /T is a volume or directory one level up then?

Go to top
Amigans Defender
Amigans Defender

See User information
@broadblues

Quote:

Configure files work out shared object extenstions by themselves, or at least as an option, Windoze doesn't use .so but .dll for example

Yes. But there are only two coices. so and dll. and amiga is always configured as so since ages. This means patch every configure and is not fesable.
And however .so are the last of the problems. In my ports (all) i always add a SOBJS foder inside the main program that fix all the possible problems because even with newlib there are always different versions and we don't have a versioning.

Regard the unix. What do you mean with /T one level up? can you write me an example using existing functions?

i'm really tired...
Go to top
Not too shy to talk
Not too shy to talk

See User information
Since SObjs aren't shared why even bother to use instead os static link? Or write wrappers to turn them into proper .library ?

Go to top

Register To Post
(1) 2 »