Login
Username:

Password:

Remember me

Lost Password?

Register now!

Sections

Who's Online
124 user(s) are online (66 user(s) are browsing Forums)

Members: 0
Guests: 124

more...

Headlines

Register To Post  

PageStream 5 (PPC) Working with Latest OS4.1 Update
Not too shy to talk
Not too shy to talk

See User information
I was having some problems after installing Update 2 for OS4.1 final, so I did a fresh system install, applied Update 1 and Update 2, and now my system seems quite stable.

But I was amazed when I tried PageStream 5.0 (which had always crashed and frozen the system on start-up), and now it works! The GrimReaper still appears, but hit Continue and it is possible to use PageStream 5.0 (at least better than before).

Go to top
Re: PageStream 5 (PPC) Working with Latest OS4.1 Update
Not too shy to talk
Not too shy to talk

See User information
is there a native PPC build?

Go to top
Just popping in
Just popping in

See User information
@PEB

Thank you for sharing this information - very useful, as an owner of the old 68k version, I've thought about buying the 'new' version (I believe version 5 is already years old ;) - but reading it's being so unstable I haven't bought it.

Maybe I need to find time for a fresh/clean OS4.1FE installation for my x5000 and then buy the OS4 native version...

Go to top
Just can't stay away
Just can't stay away

See User information
@Tohe

Quote:
Maybe I need to find time for a fresh/clean OS4.1FE installation for my x5000 and then buy the OS4 native version.

Oh please don't! Every purchase only supports the scammer, who has deliberately left his website up for ten years pretending to sell quality software, while in reality the program is old, unfinished and buggy. There is no development, no user support, no reaction to complaints, nothing.

The Rear Window blog

AmigaOne X5000 @ 2GHz / 4GB RAM / Radeon RX 560 / ESI Juli@ / AmigaOS 4.1 Final Edition
SAM440ep-flex @ 667MHz / 1GB RAM / Radeon 9250 / AmigaOS 4.1 Final Edition
Go to top
Just popping in
Just popping in

See User information
@trixie

Ok, let's then wait for the promised 5.x update... you never know, I didn't expect the latest update (OS4.1 FE update that is) either :)

Go to top
Just can't stay away
Just can't stay away

See User information
@Tohe

There's a similar story with the MorphOS version of PgS5, by the way.

The Rear Window blog

AmigaOne X5000 @ 2GHz / 4GB RAM / Radeon RX 560 / ESI Juli@ / AmigaOS 4.1 Final Edition
Go to top
Not too shy to talk
Not too shy to talk

See User information
I completely agree with Trixie's comments. If you already own it, you can use it a bit now. If you don't, there's no sense in wasting your money on a buggy alpha version of a program with no customer support, and likely no fixes in the future. It's just the sad situation that Deron has created (or, at least, has not shown any interest in fixing).

I really wish he would allow someone else to take over the Amiga version. We could use a powerful DTP app on OS4.

Go to top
Not too shy to talk
Not too shy to talk

See User information
I still have a licensed version 3 (the one that had a dozen patches). Is it worth getting 4 ?

Go to top
Not too shy to talk
Not too shy to talk

See User information
Wouldn't it be better to organize a port of Scribus to AmigaOS4 / MorphOS ?

(I saw that DiscreetFX tried to organize a bounty on AW.net 8 years ago)

Sinan - AmigaOS4 Beta-Tester
- AmigaOne X5000
- AmigaOne A1222
- Sam460ex
Go to top
Not too shy to talk
Not too shy to talk

See User information
-

Edited by SinanSam460 on 2021/2/10 8:48:09
Sinan - AmigaOS4 Beta-Tester
- AmigaOne X5000
- AmigaOne A1222
- Sam460ex
Go to top
Just can't stay away
Just can't stay away

See User information
@NinjaCyborg

Quote:
I still have a licensed version 3 (the one that had a dozen patches). Is it worth getting 4 ?

Version 4 is very very old, but it's still the most stable PageStream version there is.

@PEB

Quote:
It's just the sad situation that Deron has created (or, at least, has not shown any interest in fixing).

It's the latter. It is not Deron's fault that he lost all his property and had to move to a hellhole in the middle of the Dakota plains. However, this happened more than a decade ago, so he had all the time in the world to either shut down the business, or show his customers that he still cares. He did neither and instead has kept accepting payments from gullible customers, who ended up getting little more than an unstable alpha. Did anybody say fraud? I did.

The Rear Window blog

Go to top

Register To Post