Login
Username:

Password:

Remember me

Lost Password?

Register now!

Sections

Who's Online
94 user(s) are online (59 user(s) are browsing Forums)

Members: 0
Guests: 94

more...

Headlines

Register To Post  

2019 Amiga Projects - Software, Gfx, Games, Designs, etc
Just popping in
Just popping in

See User information
Happy New Year everyone :)

Now that my X5000 is up and running, I have been enjoying playing Tower57 (kickstarter game) for AmigaOS (still need to work out which Joypad to buy though)

This year is going to be a busier year in contributing to the Amiga Platform Classic and NG (would love to know what everyone's plans are for the Amiga this year (maybe need another open thread for that)
Besides contributing to the Next Enhancer Pack and creating various designs for A-Eon (Print/Software), I'll be working on ProXima3 (68k) game, I have considered porting the graphics to AmigaOS.

I'd like to also further investigate having Digital Clocks for Enhancer and have some designs already setup.

Wallpapers:
One of my favourite Backgrounds I use for the X5000 and Phone is this image I created sometime ago.
Downloadable here (4K version)
Happy to create custom sizes if people like the design.

Resized Image

AMIstore has a selection of wallpapers (which I have requested to be free), meanwhile I plan to post a zip file of them soon on my Patreon site.

If you have got this far in this post, thankyou :) Have a great new year, I plan to post a lot more things soon (possibly even the source files to the AmigaOne X5000 and X1222) as well as other boot designs you have not seen.

Edited by invent on 2019/1/2 22:31:30
Edited by invent on 2019/1/2 22:36:33
Go to top
Re: Invent - Graphics, Games, Designs, etc
Site Builder
Site Builder

See User information
Great stuff there... Good work as always... Please consider to upload you great artworks at amiga-look.org as well.

My plans for this year are:
- To work more on amigans.net, to make it better, with better code and features, and support non-CSS browsers as well.
- To update the amiga-look.org to a newer version and add some new features
- To work on my comic viewer for OS4, Comicami, and add more features.

I would also like to work on a simple game I have in mind for Amiga classic computers, if time permits.

Go to top
Re: 2019 Amiga Projects - Software, Gfx, Games, Designs, etc
Just popping in
Just popping in

See User information
@walkero,

I like your plans for this year, best of luck with them.
Hopefully be able to contribute some skins (eg AmigaAMP) soon.

Go to top
Just can't stay away
Just can't stay away

See User information
@invent

As part of my plans for this year, I'd like to pick up some more speed with my Amiga development projects. I've been held up by family matters and job responsibilities for almost three years now, and it's become too much of a ball and chain. I currently hold one full-time and one part-time job, which is madness.

On the plus side, the extra income has allowed me to rebuild my home studio I used to have before I got married, so recently I started playing with MIDI stuff again, putting my X5000 and BarsnPipes at the heart of the studio. It's a lot of fun, and the X5000 is a great machine.

Over Christmastime I did bits and pieces for A-EON's Enhancer Pack, and I also fixed the OS4 USB MIDI driver, which is now more robust. So there has been some progress on my part lately but I'll try to deliver more this year.

Edited by trixie on 2019/1/4 9:41:30
The Rear Window blog

AmigaOne X5000 @ 2GHz / 4GB RAM / Radeon RX 560 / ESI Juli@ / AmigaOS 4.1 Final Edition
SAM440ep-flex @ 667MHz / 1GB RAM / Radeon 9250 / AmigaOS 4.1 Final Edition
Go to top
Home away from home
Home away from home

See User information
Great to hear people are planning to do more Amiga related projects.

I'm working on stuff, but prefer to keep quiet about exactly what until I'm closer to release.

Hans

http://hdrlab.org.nz/ - Amiga OS 4 projects, programming articles and more.
https://keasigmadelta.com/ - more of my work
Go to top
Just popping in
Just popping in

See User information
Improving the MIDI-Experience on OS4 is a very good Thing - Thanks ALOT!

X DIRT-EDGE X Entertainment

A1200/X5000
Go to top
Just popping in
Just popping in

See User information
@trixie

>I also fixed the OS4 USB MIDI driver, which is now more robust.

Good to hear it's improved! What was broken and when is the release date? :) Congrats on getting your studio gear up and running.

X5000, Peg2, mA1
Go to top
Just can't stay away
Just can't stay away

See User information
@densho

Quote:
What was broken and when is the release date? :)

Well, the long version is this: the driver assumed that all class-compliant MIDI hardware would have ports CAMD can use. This, however, is not the case with some USB MIDI controllers because they only feature "embedded MIDI jacks". These are used by the hardware internally and are of no use to CAMD. So what happened is that with such hardware plugged into your OS4 Amiga, the USB MIDI driver created no MIDI ports but it still set respective Exec signals and waited for MIDI messages. When such a message arrived from CAMD, the driver passed it to invalid memory, which caused a DSI. In my fix, when the driver finds no "external MIDI jacks" no signals are set, hence no messages can arrive for a port that doesn't exist

As for the release date, that really depends on Hyperion I'm afraid.

The Rear Window blog

AmigaOne X5000 @ 2GHz / 4GB RAM / Radeon RX 560 / ESI Juli@ / AmigaOS 4.1 Final Edition
Go to top
Just popping in
Just popping in

See User information
@trixie

Thanks for detailed description, it's very appreciated. Looks like this doesn't affect my setup - at least the Edirol UM-2ex has been working fine for many years.

So, USB MIDI drivers are now part of the OS and not released separately like http://os4depot.net/index.php?functio ... e=driver/misc/usbmidi.lha ?

X5000, Peg2, mA1
Go to top
Just can't stay away
Just can't stay away

See User information
@densho

Quote:
Looks like this doesn't affect my setup

It should affect few people actually, but the problem did occur with my AKAI Max25 control keyboard, so I felt personally motivated to help out and fix it

Quote:
So, USB MIDI drivers are now part of the OS

Looks like this is the case. At least my OS4.1 FE pre-release for the X5000 did come with the USB MIDI driver as part of the standard installation.

The Rear Window blog

Go to top

Register To Post