Login
Username:

Password:

Remember me

Lost Password?

Register now!

Sections

Who's Online
106 user(s) are online (49 user(s) are browsing Forums)

Members: 1
Guests: 105

beworld, more...

Headlines

Register To Post  

Too troubles...AmigaOS problem or HW problem?
Not too shy to talk
Not too shy to talk

See User information
Hello everyone...

I'm experiencing too much problems on my Pegasos2/AmigaOS4.1:

1 - When get heavy net load my machine locks up and got a DSI...sometimes recoveravble sometimes unrecoverable...

2 - Yahoo webmail wasnt reachabel from Odyssey no way to login...can acces only to standard Gmail, but have all my work mails on Yahoo...

3 - Drive was unloggable like Yahoo webmail...I've all my work cost estimates there and like to use it to have acces eveywhere to them.

4 - Odyssey was not so stable...really often get DSI(probably related to first problem).

So my use of AmigaOS was really difficult...I always like to usa AmigaOS as my main system(only thing that I can do actually was use blender or some game), but that problems really tkae me "down" on motivation...so...

Everyone have same problem or maybe was problem related only to my config like some weird psu problem or hw problem?

If I've got an hw problem dunno what to do...actual new AmigaOS4 capable hw as or too expensive(like x5000) or too weak(like aA1222 that was someway interesting only if REALLY cheap but, honestly, dot think that), emulation seems still too slow/without 3D/unusable for my AmigaOS way of use...

Any suggestion?

Thank you!

Edited by Tuxedo on 2017/11/11 21:15:54
Simone"Tuxedo"Monsignori, Perugia, ITALY.
Go to top
Re: Too troubles...AmigaOS problem or HW problem?
Not too shy to talk
Not too shy to talk

See User information
Sorry typo!

I mean Odyssey!

Go to top
Just can't stay away
Just can't stay away

See User information
Check your memomy module(s). I had this beahviour with my former XE and changing my memory module stopped Odyssey from crashing.

Regarding Yahoo : it's an SSL trouble, you cannot do much about it (or something with certificates).

--
AmigaONE X1000 and Radeon RX 560
Go to top
Just popping in
Just popping in

See User information
@Tuxedo

Have you tried to sign up for POP3/SMTP access to your account with Yahoo, and using YAM or SimpleMail? I don't use Yahoo mail, so I'm not sure if it is an option, but if you can, I would use IMAP so that everything is synced appropriately. There is a version of SimpleMail with OpenSSL support on OS4Depot as well. I had issues with my email carrier as the SSL format was not supported by the dated code that likely comprises SimpleMail, but it did work to a degree.

As for the SSL issues, I'm by no means a guru, but I know my Enhancer Software disc came bundled with the OpenSSL update, but if you don't have the enhancer software, you can download the bundle directly from:
OS4 Depot - OpenSSL

I can attest, the AmigaOS 4.1 operating system is not completely bug free, and definitively the hardware is far from perfect as well. I have major issues with getting my resolution to set correctly, even with the updated drivers, and had major issues getting a sound card to work. Hell, the sound card my X5000 was shipped with didn't work at all, and the network adapter had to be reinstalled each time I restarted the machine, and if you haven't noticed yet, you have to restart her quite a bit....

I think the powers that be SHOULD NOT RELEASE AN UNTESTED PRODUCT. Surely these hardware issues were known prior to listing the items for sale. It was also advertised that you could upgrade the /20 to a /40, but the microprocessor is soldered to the board. There was literally misinformation on the Amiga on the Lake website regarding the processor would be interchangeable once it was released. They also have the network card that was included with my X5000 as a solution to networking for the AmigaOS 4.1 platform, and the card DOESN'T WORK. These kind of things are going to result in people that purchase the machines never purchasing a future build because they ship with untested hardware; it's possibly frustrating enough to some people to just drop from fanbase.

I really wanted the machine, so I shelled out the cash, and I am glad that I purchased it. But for the outlandish price of this system, when I can run MorphOS for around $300 for the hardware and the OS license, I cringe at the fact that anyone would ship these machines with non-functional PCI cards; That's just bad business.

Good luck, and sorry for the rant, hope that you can find a solution to your issue, and here's to hoping that you have better luck with your machine that I have had with mine!

-A1200 w/ Blizzard 1230 - 128MB FastRam
-X5000 1TB SSD HD - 16GB RAM
Go to top
Home away from home
Home away from home

See User information
@Tuxedo

Quick replies:
1. This one could be a hardware issue. Networking is rock solid on my A1-X1000. Which network card are you using?

2. I don't use yahoo webmail, but can access the login screen no problem via Odyssey. What error are you getting? And at what point in the login process? M1nuto's suggestion of using IMAP via SimpleMail is a good one

3. You mean Google drive? Try using Dropbox/Google-drive handler
NOTE: The handler is very basic right now. I use it for dropbox, and it doesn't do active syncing. In fact, I have to restart every time I modify files on other machines. I'd love to see a proper full-featured client... Anyway, it does work, and it's possible to download/upload files

4. Not sure what to say about this one. Yes, it has it's issues, and I really wish we had a few devs actively maintaining it (who would also finally add composited video support)

@m1nuto
Quote:
I have major issues with getting my resolution to set correctly, even with the updated drivers,

I thought we'd solved that one already. Or have you still not figured out how to set Workbench's resolution? The last I remember, I asked you to look at what programs are being started by WBStartup and/or the startup-sequence. Either way, clicking "Save" should save the mode, even if Workbench is unable to switch immediately (due to some program blocking it).

Quote:
and had major issues getting a sound card to work. Hell, the sound card my X5000 was shipped with didn't work at all, and the network adapter had to be reinstalled each time I restarted the machine, and if you haven't noticed yet, you have to restart her quite a bit....

Yes, you faced a lot of issues which really shouldn't have happened.

Quote:
It was also advertised that you could upgrade the /20 to a /40, but the microprocessor is soldered to the board.

They may have meant that you could trade in the /20 for a /40 later.

Hans

http://hdrlab.org.nz/ - Amiga OS 4 projects, programming articles and more.
https://keasigmadelta.com/ - more of my work
Go to top
Just popping in
Just popping in

See User information
@Hans

Quote:
I thought we'd solved that one already. Or have you still not figured out how to set Workbench's resolution? The last I remember, I asked you to look at what programs are being started by WBStartup and/or the startup-sequence. Either way, clicking "Save" should save the mode, even if Workbench is unable to switch immediately (due to some program blocking it).

I found a solid way to fix the resolution, but even after disabling all applications in the WBStartup, the resolution will not correct once it gets in this broken state. I have had to reinstall each time, and after reinstallation, I install the enhancer pack, then reboot and run AmiUpdate to the most recent version of all OS files that are in use. Reboot one more time, then modify the resolution to my preferred resolution. This is the only point at which I make a modification to the resolution that the machine will keep the setting intact. If at any point I go in to alter the resolution after this setting, the resolution will no longer upscale to my preferred resolution, it gets stuck in a loop of restart Workbench, and will not apply the revision, even though no other tasks besides Workbench are in use.

Quote:
and had major issues getting a sound card to work. Hell, the sound card my X5000 was shipped with didn't work at all, and the network adapter had to be reinstalled each time I restarted the machine, and if you haven't noticed yet, you have to restart her quite a bit....

I continue to have issues with the sound card. I don't know what changed, but my installation broke and I had to reinstall again. The Pine Crystal sound card that I purchased was working flawlessly prior to having to reinstall. But, post reinstallation I have to physically remove the sound card from the machine, startup with no sound card in the unit, then hard shutdown, replace the PCI sound card, boot up and sound works. If at any point I reboot again, sound is broken again.

Don't want to hijack this thread, so will move the sound card issue back to my original post location.

-A1200 w/ Blizzard 1230 - 128MB FastRam
-X5000 1TB SSD HD - 16GB RAM
Go to top
Home away from home
Home away from home

See User information
@m1nuto
Quote:
I found a solid way to fix the resolution, but even after disabling all applications in the WBStartup, the resolution will not correct once it gets in this broken state.

WBStartup isn't the only way something can start that would block changing the resolution of Workbench.

What about the startup sequence? Especially S:User-Startup? What dockies did you install?

Quote:
... If at any point I go in to alter the resolution after this setting, the resolution will no longer upscale to my preferred resolution, it gets stuck in a loop of restart Workbench, and will not apply the revision, even though no other tasks besides Workbench are in use.

That's standard behaviour when some program is using the Workbench screen, and won't let go when requested. Rebooting will use the saved mode.

Anyway, if you can pinpoint exactly which program(s) is causing this, then we'll be able to get it fixed... Something you installed is making this happen.

Hans

http://hdrlab.org.nz/ - Amiga OS 4 projects, programming articles and more.
https://keasigmadelta.com/ - more of my work
Go to top
Not too shy to talk
Not too shy to talk

See User information
I changed the 2 512mb dimms with one 1gb dimm and now seems that all was ok(no weird crashes or so) also if 12v psu parameters seems a bit weird:

+5v was 5.1
5vsb was 5.1
+12v1 was 11.7
+12v2 was 11.8
-12v was 11.9
+3.3v was 3.3
pg was 310ms

mixing the 1gb with one of the 512 will not start peg2(also with a new psu)
also connecting the psu tester to the connectors leaving hdd and DVDs connected to the psu was weird since the tester wont start, it only start if I disconnect the HDD and DVDs cables and obtained the parameters written above.

So for the moment all seems ok also if cant do much test because I'm sick and away from home these days...

Go to top

Register To Post