Login
Username:

Password:

Remember me

Lost Password?

Register now!

Sections

Who's Online
57 user(s) are online (40 user(s) are browsing Forums)

Members: 1
Guests: 56

utri007, more...

Headlines

Register To Post  

(1) 2 »
X500 PLUS is here
Not too shy to talk
Not too shy to talk

See User information
As posted over at amigaworld.net

http://amigaworld.net/modules/newbb/v ... p?topic_id=35684&forum=33

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ieDfpMM8faQ&feature=channel&list=UL

I'd have taken a few shots of it running OS4 but I sold my set up to finish off this project.

I hope you like it.

Go to top
Re: X500 PLUS is here
Just can't stay away
Just can't stay away

See User information
WoW! Simply Amazing!

Go to top
Home away from home
Home away from home

See User information
Looking nice.

X5000
Go to top
Just popping in
Just popping in

See User information
Congratulations. Looks fantastic.

Go to top
Just can't stay away
Just can't stay away

See User information
Someone should warn epileptic people not to watch this video. What is the pupose of changing image every half second ??

--
AmigaONE X1000 and Radeon RX 560
Go to top
Home away from home
Home away from home

See User information
Looks very neat!

But if I was to nit-pick, the power & harddrive LEDs are not in the correct place (in the middle rather than on the right). And I wonder if the LEDs will be distracting in the middle?

I also found the very quick switching between pictures (during music) to be fairly useless, as they changed too fast to get a chance to look at any details that might be of interest, and repeated such that they were annoying.

Author of the PortablE programming language.
Go to top
Not too shy to talk
Not too shy to talk

See User information
Chris,
I made the video as a promo, following the music, I am uploading the photos on my page later today.

The LEDS...they don't really distract you, those are custom made LED covers and I have used different plastic from the plastic used on the case,this way it diffuses the light evenly. I have been asked to see if the LEDs can be moved to the right.

Originally that was my intention but they touch the PSU on the SAM460, I'll give it another go today and see if they can be moved, can't guarantee it.

I have got a few little things to sort out so if there is anything else now it's the time to say it

Go to top
Home away from home
Home away from home

See User information
Quote:
Originally that was my intention but they touch the PSU on the SAM460,

Ah well, if having them on the right causes a problem with some boards, it makes sense to move them elsewhere.

Go to top
Just popping in
Just popping in

See User information
@TheDaddy:

From what I've seen on the video I think you should simply 'freeze' the design and touch-up only those things that are annoying, like mounting difficulties for hardware. There's no way you can satisfy all 'potential' customers. I know, it's hard to declare a design 'finished' as most designers tend to keep on polishing, but there is a moment in time where one has to say: Guys, this is it!

Go to top
Not too shy to talk
Not too shy to talk

See User information
I have to agree with you.

I have quickly updated my page, sorry about the quality of the photographs, taken with a crappy mobile...

www.loriano.pwp.blueyonder.co.uk

I have also taken a couple of photos with the Apple aluminium keyboard as I was asked to check if it fits.

It does but it might need a bit of adjustment.

http://www.loriano.pwp.blueyonder.co.uk/applekeyboard.htm

Go to top
Home away from home
Home away from home

See User information
@TheDaddy
Sorry if I am being thick, but with Timberwolf I cannot see any pictures (apart from the Apple Kbd ones).

But from what I have seen so far, it sounds like it is probably "good enough" to freeze the design.

P.S. It's kind of unavoidable with your case design, but venting holes in the top of the case does mean that it is easy to get crumbs (or liquid) inside the case. My own tower case has a similar flaw...

Go to top
Not too shy to talk
Not too shy to talk

See User information
Chris,

I am not sure abut Timberwolf but the pictures are displaying ok on IE and FF...I think they are png maybe that is the problem?

Yes every case has holes, you can't avoid it. When I built the all all aluminium prototype people moaned that there were no holes...

The design is nearly completed, just a couple of things to sort out.

CUSA have "kindly asked me to remove the Amiga piece of paper off it" so I have had to photoshop all the phots last night...

And asked me to take the video down so got to make the video again...

Anyway the case will come in black or white.

Thinking of including:

Slim SATA DVD-RW + slim power and SATA cable
Aluminium base and plastic sides
1 40mm silent Fractal design/Sythe fan
1 3.5" card/media reader
1 DVD bracket
1 Emprex keyboard (black or white)
9 rubber feet
20+ screws
6 spacers
1 switch
LED window

lots of work to do

Speak to you later.

Go to top
Home away from home
Home away from home

See User information
@TheDaddy Quote:
I am not sure abut Timberwolf but the pictures are displaying ok on IE and FF...I think they are png maybe that is the problem?

No, the problem was that in Timberwolf your "Photos" link does not appear underlined, and thus does not look like a link to a photos page. Therefore I was expecting the pictures to be underneath "Photos" (like it is for "Video").

Quote:
so got to make the video again...

In that case please consider getting rid of the rapidly flashing pictures. Doing that it in time with the music doesn't give a good effect, IMHO it is just annoying.

Go to top
Not too shy to talk
Not too shy to talk

See User information
I am just going to edit the pictures, not doing the video from scratch...time consuming.

Go to top
Not too shy to talk
Not too shy to talk

See User information
Hi everyone,

I have updated my page:

www.loriano.pwp.blueyonder.co.uk

Updated the video...now in HD, put the volume up to max and select HD

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kAMCVDumhZQ

Thanks!

Go to top
Home away from home
Home away from home

See User information
great job..it's beautiful Loriano ..minus the windows keys on the keyboard and please no blue LED's

mancave-ramblings

Go to top
Home away from home
Home away from home

See User information
@TheDaddy

Congratulations! That looks really good.

Quote:

TheDaddy wrote:
The LEDS...they don't really distract you, those are custom made LED covers and I have used different plastic from the plastic used on the case,this way it diffuses the light evenly. I have been asked to see if the LEDs can be moved to the right.

Originally that was my intention but they touch the PSU on the SAM460, I'll give it another go today and see if they can be moved, can't guarantee it.

To be perfectly honest, I like the location in the middle. I'm guessing that biggest reason why some want it on the right is because that's where the LEDs were on their classic Amiga(s), i.e., they want it there because that's where it's always been.

Hans

http://hdrlab.org.nz/ - Amiga OS 4 projects, programming articles and more.
https://keasigmadelta.com/ - more of my work
Go to top
Just can't stay away
Just can't stay away

See User information
Quote:
... is because that's where the LEDs were on their classic Amiga(s)

I thought the same but on a second thought, it's probably the more logical location as:
- the mobo is on the right of the case, so it's better to have the wires this side, hence the leds too.
- the wires will be easier to place inside the case instead of having the wires mess up in the middle of the case

Philippe 'Elwood' FERRUCCI
Sam460ex 1.10 Ghz
http://elwoodb.free.fr
Go to top
Not too shy to talk
Not too shy to talk

See User information
I have been asked NOT to include a slim DVD-RW and 3.5" card reader to keep cost down...

What do you think?

I tend to agree...

Go to top
Home away from home
Home away from home

See User information
@TheDaddy
I just noticed that the front of the case (the thin strip next to the keyboard) appears to be curved, specifically if 'bulges' a bit in the middle. Is this intentional? (I don't imagine it's a big issue, just curious.)

Go to top

Register To Post
(1) 2 »