Login
Username:

Password:

Remember me

Lost Password?

Register now!

Sections

Who's Online
78 user(s) are online (44 user(s) are browsing Forums)

Members: 1
Guests: 77

K-L, more...

Headlines

Register To Post  

(1) 2 »
FFmpeg 0.7-rc1 released
Quite a regular
Quite a regular

See User information
Edit: Now released. In OS4Depot upload queue.

Since 0.6.1 (some have simply changed name),

Differences in decoders:

mp1float aac_latm mp2float mp3adufloat mp3float mp3on4float adpcm_g722 mxpeg gsm gsm_ms pcm_lxf amrwb ansi ass jv lagarith pictor dfa r10k vp8 xan_wc4 srt

Differences in encoders:

a64multi a64multi5 ac3_fixed ac3_float libvo_aacenc libvo_amrwbenc adpcm_g722 ra_144 ass dca dpx srt vorbis

Differences in parsers:

aac_latm flac vp8

Differences in demuxers:

ivf jv pmp lxf applehttp microdvd rso rtp sap dfa spdif srt mxg tty ffmetadata g722 wtv xwma

Differences in muxers:

a64 ivf md5 microdvd cavsvideo rso ffmetadata sap srt framemd5 g722

Differences in protocols:

applehttp md5 mmsh crypto mmst

Differences in filters:

anull fifo pad anullsink pixdesctest anullsrc gradfun blackframe hflip setdar buffer hqdn3d setpts color movie setsar copy mp settb cropdetect transpose drawbox drawtext fade overlay yadif fieldorder

Differences in bsfs:

mjpeg2jpeg chomp

Edited by MickJT on 2011/5/20 22:51:05
Edited by MickJT on 2011/5/22 23:51:21
Go to top
Re: FFmpeg 0.7-rc1
Quite a regular
Quite a regular

See User information
Hello,

thanks for your work.

I will test this version this day or tomorrow

A1200+Mediator+VooDoo3+060/50+96mo+IIYAMA 17"+CD,CDRW,ZIP SCSI-KIT
SAM440EP on Mapower 3000+AOS4.1

Amiga Docs Disk Preservation Project
Go to top
Quite a regular
Quite a regular

See User information
Woo, a reply. I was getting worried there. Might put this post on aw.net too.

Go to top
Not too shy to talk
Not too shy to talk

See User information
And now there are two.

Good work and thanks

AmigaOne X5000 OS4.1 FEU1 And Lubuntu 10.04
1200 towered with Blizzard PPC - BVision and Mediator
And a new fantastic Chameleon64
Go to top
Quite a regular
Quite a regular

See User information
Good work

AmigaOne X5000
Radeon HD 7700
Go to top
Home away from home
Home away from home

See User information
Nice, thanks !

Go to top
Just can't stay away
Just can't stay away

See User information
MickJT : I'm using FFmpeg on a regular basis (it was even tested in the latest issue of the French magazine Amiga Power)

I'll test the Altivec version

--
AmigaONE X1000 and Radeon RX 560
Go to top
Quite a regular
Quite a regular

See User information
Great, will test.

I tried to extract the AAC data from some youtube videos but only MPlayer could play it. Tried with TuneNet and the AAC plugin. It just kept falling back to mp3 so I removed the mp3 pluging but then it wasn't recognized at all.

Also tried converting to flac but both TuneNet and AmigaAmp 3 failed on that as well. Only option was to convert to mp3...

Software developer for Amiga OS3 and OS4.
Develops for OnyxSoft and the Amiga using E and C and occasionally C++
Go to top
Quite a regular
Quite a regular

See User information
Use a windows ffmpeg build and see if you can play it back in TuneNet or AmigaAmp.

I'm guessing ffmpeg isn't the issue there, especially if mplayer could play it.

Noticed it looks for /dev/urandom and opens a requester when making .mkv's. Will fix that one up.

Edit: Just tried converting to .flac then. Played in fine in TuneNet. Had to download the flac plugin from OS4Depot but it plays fine.

Can't get TuneNet to play any AACs though. I'll figure it out.

Edit2: TuneNet isn't able to load the AAC plugin. So, without an AAC plugin, naturally I can't play AACs. Check the "Plugins" list in Preferences and it's not there.

Edit3: Whoops, added faad.library. Now the plugin loads. Works fine with the .m4a's i've made with it. I don't think the TuneNet plugin supports raw .aac files.

Edited by MickJT on 2011/5/21 23:22:55
Edited by MickJT on 2011/5/21 23:27:50
Edited by MickJT on 2011/5/21 23:38:03
Edited by MickJT on 2011/5/21 23:39:27
Go to top
Just can't stay away
Just can't stay away

See User information
Tested the Altivec version. Works ok for me without any trouble.

FFplay is great too, too bad it doesn't support overlay since it is able to play file the actual version Mplayer can't. And FFplay Altivec is nealy as fast as Mplayer.

--
AmigaONE X1000 and Radeon RX 560
Go to top
Quite a regular
Quite a regular

See User information
Hello,

tested some movies with ffplay and all work fine but when one movie is too big, the cpu reach 100% and the movie stop.

resizing the window to a smaller size (and even verry small) and the movie not restart (allways black). Normal ?

A1200+Mediator+VooDoo3+060/50+96mo+IIYAMA 17"+CD,CDRW,ZIP SCSI-KIT
SAM440EP on Mapower 3000+AOS4.1

Amiga Docs Disk Preservation Project
Go to top
Quite a regular
Quite a regular

See User information
Pretty much. ffplay is all software rendering to the screen, and if it falls behind, even though it has frameskip, it can't catch up.

Use left/right cursor keys and it that should get it going a again. On my Sam, ffplay is unusable. It's just included, because why not? :)

@K-L

Quote:
And FFplay Altivec is nealy as fast as Mplayer.

It's no-where near as fast. Perhaps what you're seeing is ffplay can almost play a particular video at full speed, and mplayer plays it effortlessly. Without looking at a CPU meter, it would look like ffplay is almost as good.

Edit: I guess the actual decoding is just as fast, though, but rendering it on the screen via CPU is slow.

OK. Will just fix the random_seed.c in the altivec version (so .mkv output doesn't bring up a requester) and then release it.

The amount of overall source change is pretty much nothing. It will run and work without any changes what-so-ever.

I've just given it a stack cookie, version string and amiga path fix documented in the 0.6 release thread.

Edited by MickJT on 2011/5/22 23:52:52
Go to top
Re: FFmpeg 0.7-rc1 released
Quite a regular
Quite a regular

See User information
Now available on OS4Depot (upload queue at time of posting).

Go to top
Quite a regular
Quite a regular

See User information
@MickJT

I'll try putting the aac streams in a m4a container then. Now all I wish for is that AmigaAmp 3 will support aac as well. I think AAC has a fairly superior dynamic sound and stereo image.

Software developer for Amiga OS3 and OS4.
Develops for OnyxSoft and the Amiga using E and C and occasionally C++
Go to top
Quite a regular
Quite a regular

See User information
Commonly is known that x264 isn't usable, but...

I experimented with a short MJPEG clip, encoding 40 seconds with libx264. I found that using the preset libx264-lossless_ultrafast produces agreeable quality, but the video bitrate is really high - a multiple of the original MJPEG value even.

At first I thought this means I can't use it, but since what I wanted was to upload videos to Youtube without them getting re-encoded, perhaps Youtube would turn them into working & smaller (lossy) H.264 videos? In that case you'd actually get ok quality, if you can wait "that" long to upload.

libx264-lossless_fast comes up bugged, I think. So looks like, the more the codec tries, the worse the result (both lossless and lossy).

Go to top
Quite a regular
Quite a regular

See User information
Interesting. I'll have a look at that preset. Note that the altivec version is linked against a generic version of libx264 seeing as it never worked anyway. Makes the binary a couple of hundred KB smaller.

A generic PPC build of libxvidcore is used for the generic PPC version of ffmpeg too, even though the altivec version of libxvidcore has altivec detection code so it works on generic PPCs too. Just doing what I could to make the binary slightly smaller.

It can be compressed even further with lzmaloader

Go to top
Just can't stay away
Just can't stay away

See User information
Is it possible to turn these static libs into Amiga libs or shared objects ?

How can I compile a program using these ffmpeg/av* libs ? I get a lot of "undefined reference" errors ?

Rock lobster bit me - so I'm here forever
X1000 + AmigaOS 4.1 FE
"Anyone can build a fast CPU. The trick is to build a fast system." - Seymour Cray
Go to top
Quite a regular
Quite a regular

See User information
I did compile shared libs a long time ago with 0.6 and there were complications.

What are your undefined references? Please check the .pc files for the "libs.private" line and you'll see what libs are needed there.

Go to top
Just can't stay away
Just can't stay away

See User information
This kind of stuff, f.ex.:
/SDK/local/newlib/lib/libavcodec.a(libfaac.o): In function `Faac_encode_close':
/Other/ffmpeg-0.7-rc1/libavcodec/libfaac.c:145: undefined reference to `faacEncClose'
/SDK/local/newlib/lib/libavcodec.a(libgsm.o): In function `libgsm_decode_frame':
/Other/ffmpeg-0.7-rc1/libavcodec/libgsm.c:152: undefined reference to `gsm_decode'
/SDK/local/newlib/lib/libavcodec.a(pthread.o): In function `worker':
/Other/ffmpeg-0.7-rc1/libavcodec/pthread.c:137: undefined reference to `pthread_mutex_lock'
/SDK/local/newlib/lib/libavcodec.a(libxvid_rc.o): In function `ff_xvid_rate_control_init':
/Other/ffmpeg-0.7-rc1/libavcodec/libxvid_rc.c:80: undefined reference to `xvid_plugin_2pass2'

(And a lot of others.)

My command line is:
gcc -o TEST:Program SOURCE:Program.c -lauto -lpthread -lavformat -lavcodec -lavutil -lz -lm -O0 *>ram:Log

I've installed, for example, libfaac.lha from os4depot into my SDK. I couldn't find any gsm libs.

Do this all mean our ports of all those libs are outdated ?

Quote:
Please check the .pc files for the "libs.private" line

?? What and where ?

Rock lobster bit me - so I'm here forever
X1000 + AmigaOS 4.1 FE
"Anyone can build a fast CPU. The trick is to build a fast system." - Seymour Cray
Go to top
Quite a regular
Quite a regular

See User information
In the pkgconfig directory that comes with libffmpeg.lha. Bunch of .pc files. I can see you're missing -lgsm -lpthread -lfaac -lfaad -lxvidcore etc.. It's all listed in the .pc files.

As for libgsm, I think I forgot to release that. I'll stick it on OS4Depot in an hour or so.

Go to top

Register To Post
(1) 2 »