Login
Username:

Password:

Remember me

Lost Password?

Register now!

Sections

Who's Online
115 user(s) are online (73 user(s) are browsing Forums)

Members: 0
Guests: 115

more...

Headlines

Register To Post  

(1) 2 »
Wordworth
Just popping in
Just popping in

See User information
Would wordworth 7 work on a AmigaOS4.1 Sam440ep-Flex?

AmigaOS 4.1 Update 2 running on AMCC PPC440EP with 1,024 MB Mermory and Radeon 9250
Go to top
Re: Wordworth
Amigans Defender
Amigans Defender

See User information
@Ant

Yes, however I have a feeling you might have to fudge the install script by running it from the Shell, eg:

SYS:Utilties/Installer drive:path/wordworth-install-script

(Replacing the path with the correct one to the install script on the CD)

Chris

Go to top
Home away from home
Home away from home

See User information
@Ant

Go to intuitionbase when wont check of compatibility.
http://www.intuitionbase.com/ossoftware.php

?Works well on OS4. To avoid thge Grim Reaper
set the icon to "Start from: Workbench".
I think you need check if the fonts are installed correctly,

when running classic programs on OS4, you should visit Screeen mode prefs, and compatibility prefs.

* Check that you have the have: SETPATCH ADDCHIP 2 in startup sequence
* Check that you have enabled fake native screen modes enabled in the Radeon video drivers.

(NutsAboutAmiga)

Basilisk II for AmigaOS4
AmigaInputAnywhere
Excalibur
and other tools and apps.
Go to top
Amigans Defender
Amigans Defender

See User information
@LiveForIt

Quote:
* Check that you have the have: SETPATCH ADDCHIP 2 in startup sequence
* Check that you have enabled fake native screen modes enabled in the Radeon video drivers.

Wordworth is happy without either of those things. In fact, ALL the classic software I run is happy without those - even PPaint.

It does need the following tooltype though:
PICASSO=TRUE

(and, as you say, the Start from: option needs toggling back to Workbench as for some reason it is set to Shell)

Go to top
Quite a regular
Quite a regular

See User information
@Ant

Well it has worked on my A1 with OS4.0, OS4.1 and all the updates, the answer is YES.

As a few others have mentioned ever since the Amiga had retargetable graphics you will need to set the tooltype PICASSO=TRUE

Go to top
Home away from home
Home away from home

See User information
@BillE

Is this program any good? And is it for sale anywhere???

X5000
Go to top
Home away from home
Home away from home

See User information
@Antique

It's good, it does what it needs too.

(NutsAboutAmiga)

Basilisk II for AmigaOS4
AmigaInputAnywhere
Excalibur
Go to top
Home away from home
Home away from home

See User information
@Chris

I'm just speaking about good to have enabled when you run classic software, not always necessary for all software.

The tooltype was some thing I quoted from intuitionbase, I did take it for face value.

I don't use w.w. my self, I don't have a need for it, I'm not writing a book or letters atm.

(NutsAboutAmiga)

Basilisk II for AmigaOS4
AmigaInputAnywhere
Excalibur
Go to top
Quite a regular
Quite a regular

See User information
@LiveForIt

Quote:
I don't use w.w. my self, I don't have a need for it, I'm not writing a book or letters atm.

Pagestream would be much better if you were writing a book, with TOC and page number links, etc.

Peter Swallow

Eyetech A1XE-G3 800Mhz OS4.1
Towered A1200 OS3.9
Go to top
Quite a regular
Quite a regular

See User information
@Antique

Quote:

Antique wrote:

Is this program any good? And is it for sale anywhere???

I use it quite a lot and much prefer it to having to fight with M$ Word at work.

The PDF user guide for 3DStars was all done using Wordworth.

Unfortunately WW is not available anymore, though no doubt second hand copies may crop up on ebay from time to time.

Go to top
Home away from home
Home away from home

See User information
@Ant
With appropriate settings in Prefs/Screens, Wordworth 7 almost looks like a native OS4 app! Without any settings at all, it looks a bit of a mess.

BTW, if you are going to hunt for someone selling it, don't dismiss Wordworth 6 - this was the *pinacle* of Worthworth, at least from the point of view of stability & lack of bugs. Wordworth 7 had (I believe) a different programmer to all the previous versions, and despite adding some good new features, he also seemed to add quite a few bugs (presumably due to lack of familiarity with Wordworth's code). There is also a patch to Wordworth 7 which you NEED for it to be usable.

Author of the PortablE programming language.
Go to top
Home away from home
Home away from home

See User information
@ChrisH

Is there a program like ww that is as good or better,which one can still get hold of???

X5000
Go to top
Quite a regular
Quite a regular

See User information
@Antique

The other one is Final Writer, have never used it. I believe it is in the same situation as Wordworth though, no longer available.

Go to top
Home away from home
Home away from home

See User information
@Antique
I think Wordworth was the best wordprocessor available for the Amiga, but some people swore by Final Writer (probably also unavailable).

H&P produced Amiga Writer much later than those two, so it might still be available, and I've seem a few positive comments about it, but I also heard it was missing many features & could be quite buggy.

Otherwise you have to use AbiWord (via AmiCygnix), Cinnamon Writer (still seems quite buggy), or Google Docs (works well with OWB v3.23, doesn't work with more recent versions).

P.S. Wordworth & Final Writer could be considered "abandonware", so you might find someone willing to copy it for you, but this would of course still be technically illegal.

Maybe it's be worth asking Digita if they'd produce any more copies of Wordworth (CD or download only, not manual or support), assuming they are still around?

Author of the PortablE programming language.
Go to top
Amigans Defender
Amigans Defender

See User information
@ChrisH

Quote:
Maybe it's be worth asking Digita if they'd produce any more copies of Wordworth (CD or download only, not manual or support), assuming they are still around?

http://www.digita.com

Might be worth asking them, they've provided replacement licence codes for lost ones in the past, long after they stopped selling Wordworth. They might be up for a download option (similar to Photogenics) - that should cost them next to nothing to set up.

Go to top
Just can't stay away
Just can't stay away

See User information
@Ant

I am using Wordworth 7, works Ok. One thing i miss since i use it emulated on Amithlon,Amikit, now on OS4.1 update 2 is the use of the numberpad.
I stoll occasionally hit one of thes keys by mistake and they work only as up/down/left/right arrow keys.

Wordworth 6 had the same problem.
I wonder if this could be patched, or do i look over some settings possibility or other solution?

I also miss a dutch spelling checker. I have seen one mentioned at amiga.org (message by amiga_3k) I couldn't find it. Maybe he meant a german spell checker? (The CD comes with an english, french and german spell checker)

Go to top
Amigans Defender
Amigans Defender

See User information
@JosDuchIt

You've hit NumLock - top-left key on the numeric keypad.

Go to top
Quite a regular
Quite a regular

See User information
@Chris

Quote:
You've hit NumLock - top-left key on the numeric keypad.

No, he hasn't.
The only numeric key to work is the number five.

Some one suggested running a wordworth prefs program, but I was unable to change the default behavior. :(

Peter Swallow

Eyetech A1XE-G3 800Mhz OS4.1
Towered A1200 OS3.9
Go to top
Amigans Defender
Amigans Defender

See User information
@Swoop

You're right, but hitting NumLock (Alt-() is still the solution.

Unfortunately the NumLock/( key key on proper Amiga keyboards does not have any equivalent on PC keyboards, so I'm not sure how you'd do this.

Go to top
Quite a regular
Quite a regular

See User information
@Antique

pm!

Go to top

Register To Post
(1) 2 »