Login
Username:

Password:

Remember me

Lost Password?

Register now!

Sections

Who's Online
93 user(s) are online (62 user(s) are browsing Forums)

Members: 0
Guests: 93

more...

Headlines

Register To Post  

Hyperion Entertainment CVBA and A-EON Technology CVBA announce strategic partnership
Home away from home
Home away from home

See User information
Copied from hyperions website. Good to see that things are progressing well.

http://www.hyperion-entertainment.biz/

Brussels, Belgium ? February 20, 2010

Hyperion Entertainment CVBA and A-EON Technology CVBA announce strategic partnership

Hyperion Entertainment and A-EON have entered into a strategic partnership to provide the Amiga community with a dedicated high-end PowerPC based platform for AmigaOS 4.x which aspires to be a worthy of the Amiga hardware tradition going back to the original Amiga 1000 from Commodore.

The massively expandable AmigaOne X1000 will inspire both current and former AmigaOS users and will also appeal to those looking to exploit the incredibly versatile onboard functionality offered by the unique ?Silicon Defined Silicon? technology from XMOS (www.xmos.com) which, in true Amiga tradition, provides the AmigaOne X1000 with a custom chipset of potentially unparalleled flexibility and scalability.

Software development by Hyperion to bring AmigaOS 4.1, the most advanced incarnation of AmigaOS ever, to the AmigaOne X1000 hardware has been ongoing for quite some time and is progressing very well.

More details about the AmigaOne X1000 hardware and housing will be forthcoming from A-EON Technology shortly.

X5000
Go to top
Re: Hyperion Entertainment CVBA and A-EON Technology CVBA announce strategic partnership
Not too shy to talk
Not too shy to talk

See User information
@Antique

I just noticed this recently. Very interesting! Very interesting, indeed, and very promising!

This proves that AmigaOne X1000 is NOT vaporware!

Me got very excited! Partytime, everybody!

Soon to own a powerful AmigaOne X1000 with latest AmigaOS 4.1 incarnation ;) Dual Core PPC!

- Helgis
Go to top
Re: Hyperion Entertainment CVBA and A-EON Technology CVBA announce strategic partnership
Home away from home
Home away from home

See User information
@Helgis

Yes,and let's hope they get the web site ready soon too.
Then the trolls will have one less thing to shout about.

X5000
Go to top
Home away from home
Home away from home

See User information
@Antique

Real Trolls have always somethings to say ...

Go to top
Not too shy to talk
Not too shy to talk

See User information
@Antique

Quote:
Antique wrote:

Yes,and let's hope they get the web site ready soon too

Should be very soon now (I hope).

TrevorD

AmigaOne X1000 betatester
Go to top
Home away from home
Home away from home

See User information
@TrevorDick
I hope so :) . But better that the web site is done well but slowly, rather than fast but badly, because the latter gives trolls something new to jump on.

Author of the PortablE programming language.
Go to top
Just popping in
Just popping in

See User information
@ChrisH

i agree. otherwise soon we will hear something like this:

'' they claim for a high end motherboard but... but the X in the logo is too small''

A3040/25 AmigaOS 3.2.2 | A1260BPPC AmigaOS 3.2.2/4.0
Sam440ep AmigaOS 4.1.FE | PegasosII/G3 AmigaOS 4.1.FE/MorphOS 3.17
MacMini1.5 MorphOS 3.17

Long Live Amiga
Go to top
Not too shy to talk
Not too shy to talk

See User information
@All

The funny thing is that when this was debated in AmigaWorld, there were are great couple being sceptical and even claimed that AmigaOne X1000 is vaporware..

But the persons representing the alliance between Hyperion Entertainment and A-EON Technology, managed to prove them wrong...

Funny situation, isn't it?

Soon to own a powerful AmigaOne X1000 with latest AmigaOS 4.1 incarnation ;) Dual Core PPC!

- Helgis
Go to top
Not too shy to talk
Not too shy to talk

See User information
@Antique

Hehe, i know what trolls. The great couple of them from AW, yeah. I have noticed

Well, the alliance was formed yesterday, so i bet around a week or two A-EON should be ready with the site and enough information. Definitely worth feasting the eyes on!

- Helgis
Go to top
Just popping in
Just popping in

See User information
@amije

Too true! I left the amigaworld.net website to get away from most of that crap. Even with a few whiners at Amigans.net, it's way better than Amigaworld.

Sam460 : X1000 : X5000
Go to top
Supreme Council
Supreme Council

See User information
@All

Please, let's keep on topic here. Stop the bashing of other websites and stop calling other people trolls.

Vacca foeda. Sum, ergo edo

Mr Bobo Cornwater
Go to top
Not too shy to talk
Not too shy to talk

See User information
@orgin

Point taken, and a very important one, too...

Will do...

- Helgis
Go to top
Home away from home
Home away from home

See User information
@Antique

this is great news but we need to see a web page with a pre-order button to be happy

mancave-ramblings

Go to top
Not too shy to talk
Not too shy to talk

See User information
@328gts

Quote:

328gts wrote:
@Antique

this is great news but we need to see a web page with a pre-order button to be happy

that will just mean people will call it a preorder scam.

you cant win.

giving an email address to register interest so a-eon can email everyone when its available is a good option though

Go to top
Not too shy to talk
Not too shy to talk

See User information
@amije

Hehe, how big do you want the X logo to be?

Remember: "X marks the spot!"

- Helgis
Go to top

Register To Post