Login
Username:

Password:

Remember me

Lost Password?

Register now!

Sections

Who's Online
114 user(s) are online (82 user(s) are browsing Forums)

Members: 1
Guests: 113

VooDoo, more...

Headlines

Register To Post  

AmiDARK Engine group on Facebook
Quite a regular
Quite a regular

See User information
Hi,

For those that are interested in the AmiDARK Engine project development, feel free to register the group on Facebook :
http://www.facebook.com/group.php?gid=288355644087
I will put all news and info on it.

@ +
AmiDARK
http://www.amidark-engine.com

All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given to us.
Go to top
Re: AmiDARK Engine group on Facebook
Just can't stay away
Just can't stay away

See User information
@freddix

I hope you have considered Facebook's insane rules of ownership (as in their ownership) of any and all material posted there?

If I were you, I'd ask for a forum here on Amigans.net instead.

Best regards,

Niels

Go to top
Quite a regular
Quite a regular

See User information
@nbache
What do you mean with "insane rules of ownership" ?

EDIT;
I've checked the conditions of use of Facebook in french, and nothing seem incorrect.
Here is the french details :
Quote:
Pour le contenu prot?g? par les droits de propri?t? intellectuelle, comme les photos ou vid?os (? propri?t? intellectuelle ?), vous nous donnez sp?cifiquement la permission suivante, conform?ment ? vos param?tres de confidentialit? et param?tres d'applications : vous nous accordez une licence non-exclusive, transf?rable, sous-licenciable, sans redevance et mondiale pour l'utilisation des contenus de propri?t? intellectuelle que vous publiez sur Facebook ou en relation ? Facebook (? licence de propri?t? intellectuelle ?). Cette licence de propri?t? intellectuelle se termine lorsque vous supprimez vos contenus de propri?t? intellectuelle ou votre compte, sauf si votre compte est partag? avec d'autres personnes qui ne l'ont pas supprim?.
Lorsque vous supprimez votre contenu de propri?t? intellectuelle, ce contenu est supprim? d'une mani?re similaire au vidage de corbeille sur un ordinateur. Cependant, vous comprenez que les contenus supprim?s peuvent persister dans des copies de sauvegarde pendant un certain temps (mais qu'ils ne sont pas disponibles).
Lorsque vous ajoutez une application et utilisez la plate-forme, votre contenu et vos informations sont partag?s avec l'application. Nous demandons aux applications de respecter vos param?tres de confidentialit?, mais les options que vous s?lectionnez pour cette application contr?lent la fa?on dont l'application peut utiliser le contenu et les informations que vous partagez (pour en savoir plus sur la plate-forme, consultez la page ? propos de la plate-forme).
Lorsque vous publiez du contenu ou des informations avec le param?tre ? tout le monde ?, cela signifie que tout le monde, y compris les personnes qui n'utilisent pas Facebook, peuvent avoir acc?s au contenu ou aux informations publi?s et que vous pouvez donc ne pas pouvoir contr?ler ce qu'ils en font.
Nous appr?cions vos commentaires et vos suggestions concernant Facebook, mais vous comprenez que nous pouvons les utiliser sans aucune obligation de r?mun?ration (tout comme vous n'avez aucune obligation de nous les communiquer).

Regards,
AmiDARK.

Go to top
Home away from home
Home away from home

See User information
@freddix

I think Nbache just mean, that not so many of use use FaceBook , and news on your site and new uploads on os4depot more than enough.

Have any time-date for next beta ?:)

Join us to improve dopus5!
AmigaOS4 on youtube
Go to top
Quite a regular
Quite a regular

See User information
@kas1e
It's not because I've created a group on Facebook that I will not put news on forums ;)

I want to catch the maximum amount of people knowing the project ;) so I try to talk about it everywhere I can ;)

Regards,
AmiDARK.

Go to top
Just can't stay away
Just can't stay away

See User information
@freddix

Quote:
freddix wrote:
@nbache
What do you mean with "insane rules of ownership" ?

Basically, anything you put on Facebook, they take the right to use as they want. So in practice, you give up your ownership rights.

Quote:
[...] vous nous accordez une licence non-exclusive, transf?rable, sous-licenciable, sans redevance et mondiale pour l'utilisation des contenus de propri?t? intellectuelle que vous publiez sur Facebook ou en relation ? Facebook (? licence de propri?t? intellectuelle ?). [...]

They can even transfer and sublicense the rights to whom they choose. Sheesh ...

Best regards,

Niels

Go to top
Just can't stay away
Just can't stay away

See User information
@nbache

If Freddix put only pictures on the FB profile, they won't be able to do a lot with it

Philippe 'Elwood' FERRUCCI
Sam460ex 1.10 Ghz
http://elwoodb.free.fr
Go to top
Just can't stay away
Just can't stay away

See User information
Hi @nbache

I hope you have considered Facebook's insane rules of ownership (as in their ownership) of any and all material posted there?
I get kick out of the 'MyLife' weasels. If someone does a search on FB for your name, ML wants to sell you the results. Wow, how's that for pandering to the ego?! If AmiDARK want's a lot of public light shinning down on it, then FB is the place. The trouble is you get pestered a lot going around there. Umm, personal privacy is not a high priority around there. That's just my observations. So, the downside to FB would anyone from here show up to visit the group? I wouldn't go to FB.

Go to top
Quite a regular
Quite a regular

See User information
In fact, these statements must not be misunderstood.
They add these rules to protect themselves.
In fact, you must see that you put something on their server and you allow them to make it available publicly on facebook.
they will never be able to claim they are the author of these pictures :)
They have a right to use what you've put in, in their website. They cannot claim they're the author of what your add in FB. And what they get is NON-EXCLUSIVE !!!

If you were right, then many companies should have closed because they're products, their companies name, their PUB ( AD ) are in FB ... Of course, you're not ;)

Quote:
[...] vous nous accordez une licence non-exclusive, transf?rable, sous-licenciable, sans redevance et mondiale pour l'utilisation des contenus de propri?t? intellectuelle que vous publiez sur Facebook ou en relation ? Facebook (? licence de propri?t? intellectuelle ?). [...]

Translation :
Quote:
You give us a non exclusive licence, forwardeable, under-licenciable, with no royalties and mundial for the use of content of intellectual property you publish on facebook or in relation with facebook.

How can they publish what you put on facebook mundially if you don't agree with this ? Tell me .. Because there are no other solution for them ...

and they talked about licence for intellectual property and not intellectual property rights ... you must not misunderstand their speeches.

Go to top
Not too shy to talk
Not too shy to talk

See User information
@freddix
Why does FB need the rights to transfer your content? Transfer your content to 3rd parties, other companies that might use what ever you put on FB?

Bounty site for AmigaOS4! www.amigabounty.net
Go to top
Quite a regular
Quite a regular

See User information
@Troels
Yes, they need a "licence of use". They do not need "copyright" and they don't ask for copyright.
If they don't have a "licence of use" for free, they can't make their Facebook page being registered on search engines like google. Because law does not allow you to give direct link to someone content without his expressed permission.

Go to top
Just can't stay away
Just can't stay away

See User information
@freddix

It all boils down to how much you are willing to believe they are "not evil" (in the Google sense of this statement) and will never be bought out by someone who is.

If you want to trust them with your material, by all means do so. I don't.

Best regards,

Niels

Go to top
Quite a regular
Quite a regular

See User information
@nbache
Quote:
If you want to trust them with your material, by all means do so. I don't.

It's the right of everyone :)

But law is law ... we mustn't "represent" the meaning of phrasis ... we must "understand" the meaning of phrasis.

"representing" things more than "understanding" them always lead us to misunderstanding...

Go to top

Register To Post