Login
Username:

Password:

Remember me

Lost Password?

Register now!

Sections

Who's Online
113 user(s) are online (80 user(s) are browsing Forums)

Members: 0
Guests: 113

more...

Headlines

Register To Post  

« 1 ... 12 13 14 (15) 16 17 18 ... 36 »
Re: BSzili port requests
Home away from home
Home away from home

See User information
@SinanSam460
@BSzili  It seems we will have lots of ports from you and Afxgroup to try when Warp3D is released for RadeonHDs on Sam460/X1000/X5000.

ah yes Warp3D for Radeon HD..sigh

mancave-ramblings

Go to top
Just can't stay away
Just can't stay away

See User information
a B(it)Szili we havent got it yet :')

Go to top
Not too shy to talk
Not too shy to talk

See User information
@BSzili

There is something wrong with sound on OpenJK. It has a bad stutter and echo. Though in settings screen it almost works.

My system is Sam 440ep Flex 800mhz.

Go to top
Quite a regular
Quite a regular

See User information
In low fps situations the audio stutter, because the mixer can't update the audio buffer often enough. There's not much I can do about that other than increasing the size of the buffer, which will in turn increase the latency.

This is just like television, only you can see much further.
Go to top
Not too shy to talk
Not too shy to talk

See User information
@BSzili

OpenJK runs on Wazp3D without any graphic errors, but of course it is like a slideshow...

Sinan - AmigaOS4 Beta-Tester
- AmigaOne X5000
- AmigaOne A1222
- Sam460ex
Go to top
Quite a regular
Quite a regular

See User information
Now my question is, should I also fix the multiplayer component, which is mostly copy&paste work, or should I continue the work on HomeWorld?

Go to top
Not too shy to talk
Not too shy to talk

See User information
@BSzili

I vote for Homeworld port :)

Sinan - AmigaOS4 Beta-Tester
- AmigaOne X5000
- AmigaOne A1222
- Sam460ex
Go to top
Home away from home
Home away from home

See User information
@BSzili

It for the multiplayer support all you need is a "copy&paste" then maybe it's better to do it first, then you can turn to the Homeworld port

Go to top
Quite a regular
Quite a regular

See User information
Ideally it's only copy paste, altough I don't think there will be any major issues.
In comparsion the HomeWorld will probably need many hours of grinding to find out why the unit sounds trash the mixer memory. BTW, does anybody remember if the MorphOS HomeWorld port has sound? Maybe I could contact kiero for the source to see how he fixed it.

Go to top
Home away from home
Home away from home

See User information
@BSzili
Give a try for Jedi on my peg2 (1gb ram, 128mb video) (base dir have 2 fat packs, one 650mb, another 550mb, it is right ?). Running it as it , spawn the window mode, and while in menu, i already have 35% of my 1gb ram filled, + 50% of gfx memory.

Then, new/next/begingame: while at loading screen, gfx memory filled on 80%. Then, while game loads to ram (with showing progress bar of loading), ram fills till 100% on about 40% of loading, and that all :)

Is there anything that i can do, to make it runs ? Maybe some lover-res options, or something ?

Join us to improve dopus5!
AmigaOS4 on youtube
Go to top
Quite a regular
Quite a regular

See User information
Of course, that's what the lower graphics settings are for. Don't expect to be able to fit all the assets into the memory on he highest settings.

Go to top
Home away from home
Home away from home

See User information
@BSzili
Tried that :
- set wb to 16bit
- set in game 640x480 and disable everything (set low-quality for all the stuff, etc).

And then its quite fine runs ! Ram fills only on 35%, gfx on 25%.

Game itself also runs pretty fine, on good enough for play fps, but sound most of time like double-tryply-echo. Will check options more now ..

EDIT: do play with sounds settings. Seems by default something wrong with it ? Because when i just go to setup/sounds, and press on "sounds settings" , it wait for about 10 seconds, and then sounds "clears" and all fine. And in "high" mode of sound, and in "low" mode. Also movement of cursor after that start to be fine too. Like some synchronisation ON or something after i tick on SoundQuality option

AmigaOS4 on youtube
Go to top
Home away from home
Home away from home

See User information
@BSZili
Fullscreen-window mode switches works fine too. And in general, after i lower all settings, and after pressing on "sound quality" deal with suttering of sounds by default, i can say that on my peg2 its _very_ playable. In full screen it looks like i sit over my old PC and play in something like Ghotic2 :) Cool !

AmigaOS4 on youtube
Go to top
Quite a regular
Quite a regular

See User information
Does the sound get better if you just sit on the sound settings screen, or you need to change the sound settings? By default the game starts with better sound settings than the High Quality one (eg. s_khz is 44, while on high quality it's set to 22).

Go to top
Just can't stay away
Just can't stay away

See User information
If and when Gallium3D arrives for AOS4 (I have given up on Warp3D) will these games all need to be reported? If so how big a job wil that be?

AmigaOne X1000.
Radeon RX550

http://www.tinylife.org.uk/
Go to top
Quite a regular
Quite a regular

See User information
If there will be a MiniGL compatible interface for it, then they will run out of the box. If not, then they can be modified with minimal effort to support the new way of creating the GL context.

Go to top
Home away from home
Home away from home

See User information
@BSzili
Quote:

Does the sound get better if you just sit on the sound settings screen, or you need to change the sound settings? By default the game starts with better sound settings than the High Quality one (eg. s_khz is 44, while on high quality it's set to 22).

Its start to be ok when i do change settings. I.e. i need to press on "sounds quality" item, and then both low/high are ok (and together with that, once sound start to be ok then video-intros and move of cursor in menus start to be smooth too, as by default it a bit slow as well, like connected with sound suttering).

@ddni
Quote:

If and when Gallium3D arrives for AOS4 (I have given up on Warp3D) will these games all need to be reported? If so how big a job wil that be?

I am pretty sure all will be out of box , and there will be new minigl.library stub which will transfer all the stuff transparently to gallium3d. Because there is a lot of stuff based on mgl, half of which will be never recompiled.

AmigaOS4 on youtube
Go to top
Quite a regular
Quite a regular

See User information
Does the stuttering come back when you restart the game?

Go to top
Home away from home
Home away from home

See User information
@BSzili
Quote:

Does the stuttering come back when you restart the game?

Can say only tomorrow (not at home now).

AmigaOS4 on youtube
Go to top
Quite a regular
Quite a regular

See User information
@utri007
@kas1e
I increased the size of the audio buffer, now it's 8 times larger. Tell me if this solves the audio stuttering.

Go to top

Register To Post
« 1 ... 12 13 14 (15) 16 17 18 ... 36 »