Login
Username:

Password:

Remember me

Lost Password?

Register now!

Sections

Who's Online
97 user(s) are online (74 user(s) are browsing Forums)

Members: 1
Guests: 96

K-L, more...

Headlines

Register To Post  

« 1 (2) 3 »
Re: Update 5 installed
Quite a regular
Quite a regular

See User information
Now the 68k function works fine, for example Eye Viewer agains works fine as with Update 2 and the first OS4.1.

Go to top
Home away from home
Home away from home

See User information
I uploaded a install script to OS4Depot.net
but script is not working, one line is wrong.

so here is a working script.

There are some problems you need fix your self, like the Quake2.dll is not registered, due to the command tool called registergui that depends on ixmul.library and ixmul.library is not working on AmigaOS4, but you can register it under EUAE.

and you need newer wizzard.library

you can download it from:

http://software.alinea-computer.de/seiten/downloads_uk.php

[code]

lab start

c:RequestFile TITLE "select destination path (where to install)" DRAWERSONLY > ENV:INSTALL_TO

IF "$INSTALL_TO" EQ ""
skip cancel
ENDIF

IF NOT exists "$INSTALL_TO"
c:RequestChoice "Idiot" "path does not exist, try again" "ok" >NIL:
skip back start
ENDIF

SETENV INSTALL_FROM=Heretic_IIA:

IF NOT exists "$INSTALL_FROM"
c:RequestChoice "Idiot" "you need the install cd $INSTALL_FROM" "Quit" >NIL:
skip cancel
ENDIF

cd "$INSTALL_TO"

IF NOT exists "base"
mkdir "base"
ENDIF

cd base
cd >ENV:INSTALL_BASE_TO

cd $INSTALL_FROM

IF NOT exists "libs:chunkyppc.library"
copy base/chunkyppc.library libs:
ENDIF

copy c/hUnpack t:
copy c/RegisterGUI "$INSTALL_TO"
t:hUnpack -archive "base/base.hpa" -dest "$INSTALL_TO"
t:hUnpack -archive "base/bin.hpa" -dest "$INSTALL_BASE_TO"
t:hUnpack -archive "base/engmsg.hpa" -dest "$INSTALL_BASE_TO"

SETENV INSTALL_FROM=Heretic_IIB:

c:RequestChoice "Install video files?" "Install video files?" "yes|no" >ENV:install_video

IF "$install_video" EQ "0"
skip done
ENDIF

IF NOT exists "$INSTALL_FROM"
c:RequestChoice "Idiot" "you need the install cd $INSTALL_FROM" "Quit" >NIL:
skip cancel
ENDIF

cd $INSTALL_FROM

copy base/#? "$INSTALL_BASE_TO" all >NIL:

skip done

;-- done / cancel

lab done

c:RequestChoice "data files installed" "install done" "ok" > NIL:
c:RequestChoice "Registergui" "Registergui does not work on OS4, run the command under EUAE" "Ok" > NIL:
skip quit

lab cancel

c:RequestChoice "Install canceled" "not installed" "ok" > NIL:

lab quit
[code]

Edited by LiveForIt on 2012/8/18 15:06:35
Edited by LiveForIt on 2012/8/18 15:25:41
Edited by LiveForIt on 2012/8/18 15:34:54
(NutsAboutAmiga)

Basilisk II for AmigaOS4
AmigaInputAnywhere
Excalibur
and other tools and apps.
Go to top
Quite a regular
Quite a regular

See User information
Update...
My system worked fine Friday evening and so far today (Saturday). During the week, I use my system in the evening and power off when done. On Saturday and Sunday I use it during the day as well, but power off between uses.

---
redfox
MicroA1 + AmigaOS 4.1 Update 5

Go to top
Quite a regular
Quite a regular

See User information
@NutsAboutAmiga

The installer script on OS4Depot seems to be slightly worse than the one supplied with the Heretic II cd's.

The original does install Heretic II for me under AOS4.1 update 5 and also alows me to register.

The problem I find with both installers is that the protection bit is not set correctly.
When I set this to execute on all the dll files, Heretic II will run.
Unfortunately only for a minute or two before it crashes.

Cheers

Go to top
Not too shy to talk
Not too shy to talk

See User information
Only problem I have encountered so far is if I log into Amigans.net with muiowb it says I'm logged in but am not as wont allow me to input anything! But works fine with Timberwolf! So have to use Timberwolf to enter forums on here!

SAM 460 with 2GB or RAM, 1000GB HD, 4 port SATA, DVDRW drive and Radeon HD 4650 GFX card.
Go to top
Just can't stay away
Just can't stay away

See User information
@sicky
Quote:
Only problem I have encountered so far is if I log into Amigans.net with muiowb it says I'm logged in but am not as wont allow me to input anything! But works fine with Timberwolf! So have to use Timberwolf to enter forums on here!

I've had that kind of problem with Amigans.net for ages. If your profile is set to remember you or sometimes if you set "remember" when you log in then Amigans refuses to let you log in with a different browser. I can log in with OWB but not with MUIOWB or TImberwolf.

Amiga X1000 with 2GB memory & OS 4.1FE + Radeon HD 5450

Go to top
Quite a regular
Quite a regular

See User information
After running the update, I get a message saying it cannot find the 3DfxVoodo.chip in Kickstart. Then it says Press any Key and goes through the same sequence refusing to finish booting. Bummer. I'm not even running a Voodoo card. I have a Radeon 9250.

Paul

Builder of Frankenthousand The monster A1000
The Young Frankenthousand A1-XE G4
X5000
Go to top
Quite a regular
Quite a regular

See User information
So get a CD - any old boot CD (eg Update 1 CD), boot the system and abort the installation, go to Workbench.

Now use Notepad to edit Kickstart/kicklayout in your new installation and put a semicolon (;) in front of the line that refers to the 3dfxVoodoo.chip. Save it, remove the CD and reboot to try again.

If you like, you can put a semicolon in front of other components that you don't use - eg sii3---ide.kmod, the SCSI driver, etc. But don't go too far, just the devices you know you don't have.

cheers
tony
Go to top
Quite a regular
Quite a regular

See User information
Quote:

Ricossa wrote:
Installed and... lost my wireless connection. I had to revert to the old version of bsdsocket.library in order to get it back (and had to fiddle for a while before sorting this out...). With prism.device on A1XE

No problems for me. I use the latest prism2v2 device. Update 5 overwrote the startup-sequence where I had some custom stuff in it, but as soon as I edited it and put that back, it was fine.

Go to top
Anonymous
Kickstart layout jobs needs to be easier.
Is anywhere list of what is what device?

Go to top
Not too shy to talk
Not too shy to talk

See User information
@ALL

Logged in this morning and it's working correctly! How strange

SAM 460 with 2GB or RAM, 1000GB HD, 4 port SATA, DVDRW drive and Radeon HD 4650 GFX card.
Go to top
Home away from home
Home away from home

See User information
@Paul Quote:
After running the update, I get a message saying it cannot find the 3DfxVoodo.chip in Kickstart. Then it says Press any Key and goes through the same sequence refusing to finish booting. Bummer. I'm not even running a Voodoo card. I have a Radeon 9250.

You SHOULD have the file "Sys:Kickstart/3dfxVoodoo.chip" . If it is missing then you appear to have deleted it & modified your old "Sys:Kickstart/Kicklayout" file to remove it? At least that's the only explanation I can think of how OS4 worked before you installed Update 5. (Update 5 would have replaced your Kicklayout file, but does not come with a new 3dfxVoodoo.chip file so it is still missing.)

Author of the PortablE programming language.
Go to top
Home away from home
Home away from home

See User information
@vox Quote:
Kickstart layout jobs needs to be easier.

"Kicklayout jobs" are VERY easy: You should never modify it! (At least not just to "speed up" booting, as you are asking for trouble, as descibed in my earlier post.)

Go to top
Quite a regular
Quite a regular

See User information
Quote:
So get a CD - any old boot CD (eg Update 1 CD), boot the system and abort the installation, go to Workbench.

Well, yah, been there done that! But booting from the original 4.1 CD gives me a black screen. I'm guessing that it's because I'm using an HDMI cable???

I'll try finding a VGA cable before I start tearing everything else apart.

Yes, I took out several things that I didn't need in order to speed up bootup and generally clean things out. It seemed to be a fairly common, oft' recommended process way back when.

Paul

X5000
Go to top
Not too shy to talk
Not too shy to talk

See User information
Amiblitz 3.5 not working under upd.5 anymore !
This is however on update 5 on an AmigaOne X1000, though...

Problem is the a GRIM after a "STOP" Code, which then envokes the Debugger, therefore it is the Debugger causing trouble.

Could anybody try using AmiBlitz 3.5/REDDebugger on upd5 ?

Thanx

Go to top
Re: Update 5 installed SOLVED
Quite a regular
Quite a regular

See User information
I remembered later that my USB2 card would probably interfere with booting on the original 4.1 CD. But after taking it out I still got a black screen.

So I went to the UBOOT menu and reset to defaults and I was finally able to get in and edit the kicklayout file from update 5. This is now getting replied to from update 5.

It's been a good excuse to clean up the dust in and around the computer.

Paul

X5000
Go to top
Anonymous
Well, KS is bloated to load everything, non optimized for each system, even OS4 is sold in different versions. WHen certain card is inserted modules could change accordinigly, its resource waste even AmigaOS takes it well. Its not all in boot time.

Go to top
Home away from home
Home away from home

See User information
@vox
Well, I prefer an installation of OS4 that actually works. Here is another example of how editing Kicklayout can cause unexpected problems:
http://www.amigans.net/modules/xforum ... php?topic_id=5473&forum=3

Go to top
Quite a regular
Quite a regular

See User information
I don't see the obsession with saving a fraction of a second off the boot time by reducing modules either, I have zero patience or understanding for anyone that meddles in stuff that shouldn't be meddled in - the boot sequence being one of them.

Foreinstance when I was told 'never to write stuff in startup-sequence' - I didn't - "that's what the user-startup" is for. AmigaOS Updates can (and do) break the start-up sequence therefore why ignore official (and unofficial) advice stating to 'leave it alone.'

Go to top
Just can't stay away
Just can't stay away

See User information
Also note that if you really must go against this well-meant advice and try to sub-optimize your Kickstart, you should only do it by commenting out lines in your Kicklayout, never delete the corresponding files from the actual Kickstart directory.

There is no benefit from deleting them (as the system doesn't see them if they are not being referenced in the Kicklayout), and in Paul's situation above, leaving the file intact would have avoided the problems.

Best regards,

Niels

Go to top

Register To Post
« 1 (2) 3 »