Login
Username:

Password:

Remember me

Lost Password?

Register now!

Sections

Who's Online
67 user(s) are online (36 user(s) are browsing Forums)

Members: 0
Guests: 67

more...

Headlines

Register To Post  

« 1 ... 23 24 25 (26) 27 »
Re: Enhancer Bug thread
Quite a regular
Quite a regular

See User information
@redfox

I have the same issue.

Cheers

Go to top
Just can't stay away
Just can't stay away

See User information
@TiredOfLife
@redfox

Did you ever start XDock? I think maybe Updater uses the AppDir feature to work out where the existing program is installed, and that is only set the first time a program is run.

Best regards,

Niels

Go to top
Quite a regular
Quite a regular

See User information
@nbache

Yes, I have tried the program before, although I rarely use it. It shows up in AppDir.

AppDir shows

DH0:Utilities/X-Dock

which is the default location on my system partition.

---
redfox

Go to top
Quite a regular
Quite a regular

See User information
@nbache

I do, I have it launching on startup.
It's only very recently that the issue has surfaced.

Cheers

Go to top
Quite a regular
Quite a regular

See User information
@broadblues

Regarding X-Dock, I was having trouble figuring out how to make a transparent background for the X-Dock.

I have used a transparent background for my AmiDock for many years, and like that effect.

Found out today on page 5 of this thread that I have to enable compositing effects to see a transparent background on X-Dock.

Quote:
AmiDock uses real transperency since AmigaOS 4.1 (no updates...)

Have you got compositing effets off on your Workbench screen?

X-Dock looks nice with a transparent background, but compositing effects chew up alot of video ram on my MicroA1 system. The MicroA1 has an onboard Radeon 7000 chip and only 32 MB of video RAM.

There is no way to upgrade this system.

I disabled compositing effects a long time ago to conserve video RAM.

I will continue to use AmiDock for now, because its transparent background works fine with my system.

---
redfox

Edited by redfox on 2020/12/13 17:29:29
Go to top
Home away from home
Home away from home

See User information
@redfox et al

Re Updater not finding X-Doxk, this is also true for myself. Also Tunenet and a few others, I'm really not sure what's up with that. Updater is not my responsibilty so (having other tasks) I lack the time to investigate more deeply just at the moment.

Though I don't install my enhancer to sys: and many of the ones missing have hardcoded paths like SYS:Utilities/X-Dock maybe the use of appdir: has been dropped here for some reason?

I'm runing Updater 53.70 but this issue is quite possibly in the database rather than the application.

Go to top
Home away from home
Home away from home

See User information
@redfox

AmiDock does not not support transparancy on systems without compositing either. What it does is take a screen grab of the screen behind it and use that blended with foreground as the fake transparency.

This was developed before real transparency was available, and thus made some sense to keep it when real transparency was added. It really doesn't make any sense to spend time on this when real transparency is available on by far the majority of machines.

However, you yourself can quite easily replicate this by taking a screen grab of the area behind your dock and using that as your backdrop image.

Go to top
Home away from home
Home away from home

See User information
@Raziel
Quote:
@broadblues

Not sure if it's possible, so i'll post here first before opening a FR.

MultiEdit 1.12 (05.03.2019)

Sometimes i got really long text line with no line breaks (i.e. c&p from websites) and i have to manually set linebreaks to make them readable from within Notepad/MultiEdit, since both programs simply print the line as long as it is, which makes it hard to read and edit.
A workaround would be to use MultiView(er), but i cannot edit the text there.

My question would be, is it possible to add an option to MultiEdit to set linebreaks automatically at a given position, f.e. on column 80, and let MultiEdit figure out where to set the breaks for the whole text?

I'd be happy with a simple "word-breaking" mechanism (set the break between full words, but always respect the maximum column setting), but if it's doable a "word-splitter" would be neat as well (split words in "half" were allowed, while still maintaining the maximum column setting, e.g. astro-nomy).

edit:
It's more or less "word-wrapping" but not "as-you-type" but performed on a load text.

There is a WORDWRAP option in both programs (ME and NotePad) it's toggle option so whichever is set in the tooltypes can be overwritten on the command line.

WORDWRAP=YES causes long lines in the file to wrapped to fit the space available. This is display option, the file itself is not modified.

Go to top
Not too shy to talk
Not too shy to talk

See User information
Here wordwrap does not work and I dont see WORDWRAP in the options :

10.DH0:Utilities/MultiEdit> MultiEdit ?
SCREEN/S,PUBSCREEN/K,FONTNAME/K,FONTSIZE/K/N,CHARSET/K,PORTNAME/K,PRTUNIT/K/N,WINDOWLEFT/K/N,WINDOWTOP/K/N,WINDOWWIDTH/K/N,WINDOWHEIGHT/K/N,WRAPBORDER/K/N,
SCROLL/S,TABSIZE/K/N,DIRECTORYSCAN/S,SINGLEFILE/S,TOOLBARON/S,TOOLBAROFF/S,FILELISTERON/S,FILELISTEROFF/S,TABS/S,NOTABS/S,OPENALLTABS/S,FILE/M:

in icon tooltype I only have WRAPBORDER=76 but txt files are not wrapped at all, and if I add WORDWRAP=YES in the icon tooltype, it does nothing...

using ME v1.13

Go to top
Home away from home
Home away from home

See User information
@Lio

Er sorry NotePad is WORDWRAP MultiEdit uses the SCROLL option. Disable that tooltype to enable the gadget wrapparround.

The reasone for the different tooltype is that MultiEdit also support wordwrap as you type, which is a different feature.

Go to top
Home away from home
Home away from home

See User information
@Bug Tracker maintainer

The moment i grow used to the shitty Bug tracker for Enhancer, it throws another gem at me

Quote:

APPLICATION ERROR #27
You have reached the allowed activity limit of 10 events within the last 3600 seconds; your action has been blocked to avoid spam, please try again later.
Please use the "Back" button in your web browser to return to the previous page. There you can correct whatever problems were identified in this error or select another action. You can also click an option from the menu bar to go directly to a new section.

First of all, the "events" were merely ending monitoring on some of the entries (because email notification still doesn't work and certainly will never)

Second, it wasn't 10 "events", it was 14 (can't even count)

Third, i'd really like to use that thing, but PLEASE, for the love of all is holy
...FIX THAT STUPID TRACKER!!!

Thank you and sorry

People are dying.
Entire ecosystems are collapsing.
We are in the beginning of a mass extinction.
And all you can talk about is money and fairytales of eternal economic growth.
How dare you!
– Greta Thunberg
Go to top
Home away from home
Home away from home

See User information
@broadblues

Quote:

PLease stop bumping threads with request for colsure, if you left them alone they would drop away to the bottom of the list and you can ignore them.

Closed bugs can't be found by other people with similar issues,

1)
Out of sight, out of mind principle?
If i'd do that and my list of bugs grow larger i'd have absolutely NO indication if they have been taken care of, fixed or otherwise dealt with.
So, if i would follow your advice me and other people (who still take the time to test and report) just keep on reporting without any means to know if they are resolved.
No, thank you, if i have a list of bugs i want to know which of them i can ignore (hence closed/resolved/works for me/works as intended/etc.).

2)
They would drop down, sure, but they would still be visible in the ever so growing list of bugs i have reported (not only in my personal display, but also for any maintainer who would be in need to see which of those bugs have still to be taken care of).

I don't think that's a good way to deal with reports...maybe you devs have a better way to check off bugs that have been fixed on the tracker (without checking them off of the tracker).
I can't know that, but it would be extremely intransparent to mere users as me (and many others).

3)
Closed bugs can't be found?
You do realize there is a "filter" option with a search field that does exactly that? (http://www.amiga.org/developer/bugreports/view_all_bug_page.php)
Search for bugs...ALL bugs, EVER reported...

So, i don't really know what you are trying to tell me.

Don't get me wrong, i'm not trying to trigger you or anything, but whenever i come to the site to report my findings and see that not really much was going on (and pretty much YOU is the only one ever answering to reports) i like to see little updates, i like to see that people care about the reports and (as there even is a bug status) "acknowledge"d them.

If you are fed up with me bumping my own reports to get them closed (to have my personal list cleaned up) then simply enhance the rights of account to enable me to close them myself and you'll never have to deal with such stuff again...or simply block me entirely...your decision.

People are dying.
How dare you!
– Greta Thunberg
Go to top
Home away from home
Home away from home

See User information
@Raziel

You're are replying to message on a totally different forum to the one originally posted on. If not explictly against the T&Cs that generally bad form.

Quote:

1)
Out of sight, out of mind principle?

No bugs are sorted by most recently updated by default if there's been no activity it will drop to the end of the list. There no need to look at it if it hasn't been upated since your last visit.

Quote:

2)
They would drop down, sure, but they would still be visible in the ever so growing list of bugs i have reported (not only in my personal display, but also for any maintainer who would be in need to see which of those bugs have still to be taken care of).

The list is paginated IIRC and you haven't got that many bugs open...

You bumping them brings old stuff to the top, which is more annoying from my point of view as most these are informational things where there was a misunderstanding on how something worked.

I mark all expictly fixed bugs as resolved / fixed (not closed in general).

Quote:

3)
Closed bugs can't be found?
You do realize there is a "filter" option with a search field that does exactly that?

Yes sure, but it's set to not search closed bugs by default.

Honestly most people don't even search for preexisting bugs let alone tweek the filter!

Go to top
Home away from home
Home away from home

See User information
@broadblues

I would have answered on the bug tracker, but it locks one out as soon as the bug is closed.

People are dying.
How dare you!
– Greta Thunberg
Go to top
Home away from home
Home away from home

See User information
@all

Anyone know what's wrong with the bug tracker site?
It's down since yesterday.

People are dying.
How dare you!
– Greta Thunberg
Go to top
Home away from home
Home away from home

See User information
@all

Not a bug, but a question, since i can't really find a good answer (not even the wiki gives updated results)

RadeonHD driver in it's last incarnation
HDMI audio, yes or no?

I'm in the process of switching monitors, so i have to rely on an intermediate solution using a 1080p LCD TV (where i have plugged the x1000 through HDMI).
HDMI video works (incredibly bad i might say, but the same is with the PC), but it's silent, so i guess the answer is no.

Is that something the driver should/could do by default?

btw, i have a replacement pc running windows (still) on the same TV and there audio works through the TV's speakers.

People are dying.
How dare you!
– Greta Thunberg
Go to top
Just can't stay away
Just can't stay away

See User information
@Raziel
AFAIK no audio on HDMI yet. It's aWIP (I think)

Go to top
Home away from home
Home away from home

See User information
@jabirulo

Do we know the priority of such feature?

Or is it the same as with DisplayPort?
(Nice to have, but there are other working inputs, so probably never?)

People are dying.
How dare you!
– Greta Thunberg
Go to top
Just can't stay away
Just can't stay away

See User information
@Raziel

No friggin' idea to be honest.
IIRC Layleaze did some tests/tries, but dunnot what results he got..

Go to top
Not too shy to talk
Not too shy to talk

See User information
I've found a small bug in InfoWB, don't recall seeing it in previous versions.

If I open the Info window on an icon and then right-click and select Icon --> Default, the preview of the icon disappears. However, if I save it, the icon does indeed get the default icon.

Doesn't always seem to do it, though, can't quite figure out when it works correctly and when the icon disappears.

Go to top

Register To Post
« 1 ... 23 24 25 (26) 27 »