Login
Username:

Password:

Remember me

Lost Password?

Register now!

Sections

Who's Online
111 user(s) are online (66 user(s) are browsing Forums)

Members: 0
Guests: 111

more...

Headlines

Register To Post  

« 1 (2)
Re: Anyone know the status of Allegro?
Just can't stay away
Just can't stay away

See User information
@tails92

It's not dead, it's just that Hitman has been in a hectic period of his life, and when things settled down a new era of laziness began ;).
He has picked up development again now, thank god.
I got a mail from him last week containing a new port of a closed source game i had acquired and mailed to him. There are some bugs left that is stopping Allegro from being released, but I am confident in saying that we will see it released in a not too distant future depending on Hitmans laziness. ;P

I sat down and ported some new games just last night. =)

-Come on Hitman, let's get these last buggers out of the way and bomb os4depot!

Go to top
Home away from home
Home away from home

See User information
@spotUP

Any updates?

How would you describe progress?
- Molto Allegro
- Allegro
- Poco Allegro
- Moderato
- Poco Lento
- Lento
- Molto Lento

Hans

Go to top
Just can't stay away
Just can't stay away

See User information
@Hans

uhh... i don't know those words... but hitman told me he needs to rewrite the audio part. so things are happening atleast.

Go to top
Home away from home
Home away from home

See User information
@spotUP

Quote:

spotUP wrote:
@Hans

uhh... i don't know those words... but hitman told me he needs to rewrite the audio part. so things are happening atleast.

So there's still some work to be done. Italians and musicians (classical ones at least) will know what I meant (look here under basic tempo markings).

Hans

Go to top
Home away from home
Home away from home

See User information
So what happen to Allegro ?
A lot of time passed since someone say: it's done :-/

Go to top
Just popping in
Just popping in

See User information
@samo79

Last time I read about the AmigaOS 4.1 port of Allegro was on Amiga.org. It was presented on MAG Bash party in UK and had some games like Sonic ported already. But I don't know much more, if it have sound or worked at all.

Go to top
Not too shy to talk
Not too shy to talk

See User information
@drHirudo

Presented in the UK??

Would be nice to know whats happening. I have the bounty money sitting in my account but don't really know whats going on.

Would be nice to see a release soon

Bounty site for AmigaOS4! www.amigabounty.net
Go to top
Just popping in
Just popping in

See User information
@Troels

According to post on:
this thread on Amiga.org,
Quote:

Then we had a showing off the allegro games engine. Ported games like sonic and other classic titles where playing. It was finally raffle with top prize a sam440!/

So it was publically present, and probably works good enough to not crash for some hours during the party. Have anyone else seen Allegro on AmigaOS 4 in action?

Allegro on Amiga will make available some games and applications on AmigaOS and Spot will be able to do the 10000th upload to OS4Depot.net then.

Go to top
Amigans Defender
Amigans Defender

See User information
@drHirudo

Quote:
So it was publically present, and probably works good enough to not crash for some hours during the party. Have anyone else seen Allegro on AmigaOS 4 in action?

Yes - it was demoed at MAG Bash as has been said.

The developer was intending to release it the same day but some last minute problems showed up so that never happened. From what I could see, it was working perfectly - but of course he is not going to show some Allegro software which didn't work after being compiled, is he?

Go to top
Not too shy to talk
Not too shy to talk

See User information
As Chris said, it was presented at the MAG Bash very recently and was hoping to be released that day. It looked pretty stable, seemed to crash just the once.

Demoed games included, as Chris said, a Sonic the Hedgehog style clone and also a Ghouls N Goblins clone. Both looked pretty good.

There was talk of other Allegro style games, I was most encouraged by an XCom/UFO Enemy Unknown Open source implementation - I would pay for a game like that no questions asked.

The main theme I got from the presentation is that the more complex the game, the longer it can potentially take to implement and also if people go outside the principles of Allegro and "bang" the host OS (make DLL calls for example on Windows) then it will be harder to port for obvious reasons.

Hopefully Hitman can provide an update, I was encouraged by this piece of software not knowing previously what it was (apart from a crappy 70s/80s car.)

Rude!

Nissan GTR '08
Go to top
Home away from home
Home away from home

See User information

Go to top
Home away from home
Home away from home

See User information
BUMP!|

Any news now ?

Go to top
Just popping in
Just popping in

See User information
@samo79

Hey.

It's basically finished and I was ready to release it, but found some last minute problems on OS4.1 and haven't had a chance to fix it - I'm just too busy at work!

But hopefully in the next couple of weeks it will be done.

Go to top
Home away from home
Home away from home

See User information
@Hitman

Ok, hope for xmas

Sorry for the multi-requests but we wait for loooog time now ...

Go to top
Home away from home
Home away from home

See User information
@Hans

Quote:
So there's still some work to be done. Italians and musicians (classical ones at least) will know what I meant (look here under basic tempo markings).

Hans

LOL, yes correct, it seems that you understand italian very well

Go to top

Register To Post
« 1 (2)